It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy "screaming" sounds in the woods by my home

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

I have heard of the large, furry "parrots" or mockingbirds .. .the 'diesel motor' is a new one, though.

Well, they could enjoy a materialistic life of Western excess with such skills, though to be fair, just standing on stage as a "bigfoot" would likely get some attention and lavish wealth, mimic or not.

Sigh.. .here's hoping the bigfeet don't "sell out."

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

After listening to the Fisher Cat video you posted...the noise my dog and I heard may have possibly been one of those. We do have Fishers/Martens in the neighborhood so it is definitely possible. I wish I had a recorder the night I heard it....a recording would definitely help with trying to analyze what the heck it was. When it is happening...your mind is just running around trying to figure out what the heck this strange and alarming new noise is.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Check out the scream of a vixen (female fox).
I used to share a huge Edwardian house (we all only lived in the one, ground floor section) with a walled garden.
It was in a relatively suburban area, and away from the main drag so the nights were very quiet.
One night I was awoken by incredible screams. I honestly thought that someone was being murdered - or at least a horror film was being filmed!
It was a she fox in heat.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 27-5-2016 by Badgered1 because: Inserted video

edit on 27-5-2016 by Badgered1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Mjab6910

Coyotes

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Badgered1
Check out the scream of a vixen (female fox).
I used to share a huge Edwardian house (we all only lived in the one, ground floor section) with a walled garden.
It was in a relatively suburban area, and away from the main drag so the nights were very quiet.
One night I was awoken by incredible screams. I honestly thought that someone was being murdered - or at least a horror film was being filmed!
It was a she fox in heat.

www.youtube.com...

That's pretty much exactly what I said earlier. Those fox screams are the stuff of nightmares and gore films.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

i've not read through the responses but every time i've heard someone describe hearing a mounton lion they say it sounds like a person screaming, bone chilling. a pack of coyotes sounds like hundreds of half grown puppies going crazy, but if you hear their chorus theyve probably already found dinner. if you have dogs, large or small, it might be wise not to leave them chained up outside unsupervised.
edit on 28-5-2016 by LordSnow21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Yep I'm very familiar with all those places going up 17 through Mt. Pleasant up to Myrtle Beach. Also very familiar with The Francis Marion National Forest as well.

Come on down for a visit anytime!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

Yes we have cougars, aka mountain lions.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Well I have learned from a few of my neighbors, that there have been a few coyotes spotted in our area since the beginning of spring.
Always at night too.
So mystery solved!
Now what can I get into next? LoL
Thanks everyone!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Definitely coyotes. I live out West where they are hunted as predatory varmints, and one of the easiest ways to find a family (pack) is to play a siren over a loudspeaker. The train whistle is an obvious close match. If you're ever around domesticated dogs when a train comes through town and blows its whistle, you will likely hear most of them either bark or howl in response.

Sorry if this explanation was already offered-didn't read the whole thread.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Like others have said it is coyotes. I hear the same every night near me. What they are doing is taking a roll call of all coyotes in the area. If you are lucky enough, if you hear this again you will also hear a few other packs answer back in the distance. Also something interests to mention, when they do this and it seems to them that their numbers are lower then the last time they did this it will trigger females to have larger litters. So if you are trying to remove coyotes from an area you will just end up with an even larger population of them.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I vote that it is coyotes. I live within an hour or so of you, and they are getting bad around here. There is a stop sign near my home that has numerous lost kitty posts.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

It sounds like a pack of dogs and puppies, my four dogs go nuts when the train pass through town, it is the whistle of the train that drives them crazy, all four will howl when the train blows the horn.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
yes...that's absolutely unexplainable........this reality is not what we think....and the country boys have a hundred impossible noises....hey....the Angels get bored and just laugh at what they can come up with for late night noises ....a reply to: Caver78

.....what the hail is that bird at night....I wanna know

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Foxes make crazy sounds. Sometimes sounds like children screaming.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join