It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy "screaming" sounds in the woods by my home

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I know that the popular consensus is coyotes, which it definitely possible, but I also can't help but think it sounds ape like.

Planet of the apes comes to mind ( the newer ones not the classics).

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Have you ever gone to Cornell's Ornithology bird vocalization library?

Long time ago we had what sounded like a UFO coming in for landing!
Scared everyone whitless. Turns out it was a screech owl having a dispute. The decending trill was movie worthy.
Creepiest thing you ever heard!

www.allaboutbirds.org...

I will say the trill was longer and higher pitched than the example.
edit on 27-5-2016 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
www.fws.gov...

About Coyote sized.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Man I just moved to a place that was on a greenbelt and hadn't been close to "nature" for awhile. I was out on the deck smoking and coyotes got a rabbit that started screaming probably 30 yards away across the creek. I almost broke down the patio door going for a gun.

Coyotes and rabbits both make some freaking ass sounds.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
youtu.be...

My parents' place in Pennsylvania has a lot of screaming foxes. They are super creepy sounding when you're in the hot tub at night (they live in a wooded neighbourhood). The link is to a video of what they sound like.

The first scream in the video sounds like that. The stuff later sounds more like animals fighting. Someone beforr mention wolf pups. I might agree with that. Coyotes as well.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Yeah, probably yotes and / or a rabbit.

You want to hear a blood curdling scream? We were out in the middle of the night hog hunting down here in TX and heard a pack of coyotes gather up, circle around, then take a sow on the far pasture. The cow was screaming bloody murder, I had never heard anything like it. It only took us about 20 minutes to get over there in the dark and we were only able to shoot two of the coyotes. When we got up to the sow and saw what the yotes did to her we spent the rest of the weekend hunting coyotes instead of hogs.

By the way we put the sow out of her misery and had some delicious beef ribs that Sunday on the smoker

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Mjab6910

I lived in the country for many years. When the firewhistle blew the coyotes would bark. Your recordings sound just like that.

They sound close enough to your location that if you have small pets please keep a close eye on them. And very small children.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

In Texas also and I think it's coyotes. I hear then quite often as they run the creek beds.
edit on 5/27/2016 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Fisher Cat?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Never heard of fisher cats before,i will google to see what they look like,thanks for sharing vid

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Hi
ya i find those episodes real interesting.Not saying that's what you have in the vicinity-but so many people have seen the dogmen,i reckon they can't all be liars.Especially listen to the episode called,iirc,Mashiba Chitto-it is told by a woman named Cat Hansen.She is half Native American and the way she tells the story is excellent,happened to her when she was 12 and you can Still hear the fear in her voice.

What's interesting is that they were also well aware of bigfoots/sasquatches,they accepted them like any animal or creature of the natural world.They called the good ones Ste-ah-mah,idk if spelled correctly.She also mentions a bad faction,with red eyes,known as Punzhway,again idk if spelling is correct.

I find Vic Cundiff's voice very irritating but its worth listening to for the peoples' stories.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Fisher cats are creepy - I grew up in Northeastern US and the first time I heard one I thought it was a demon witch of some sort (I was pretty young, camping with my uncle and cousin in the wilderness).

They are notorious for snatching up peoples' "outdoor" cats. They are kind of like a weasel but they are carnivorous and known to be pretty vicious. They even attack humans.

Warning - Woodchuck doesn't fair too well in this video, RIP to the buddy

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
that's coyotes.....but there is some unexplained sounds here in Texas....a bigfoot trying to sound like a coyote when they start-up.....and two months ago a pipeline hissing sound that lasted for 50 seconds....really loud and morphed from a machine clanking sound.......no explanation....I figured the gas pipeline had blown.....but it stopped by itself.....

two weeks ago two owls had a 55 minute argument that was almost bobcat sounding....I got close to check.....owls low by a pond 8 feet from the ground....I think they were married....LOL

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Listened to the video and what I think it was, is train screams (mechanical screeching) combined with a Fox den defending there home against a wolf or perhaps a wild dog. In my experience supernatural explanations are a perfectly "natural" (though mind blowingly strange) explanation but, this to me sounds like some very upset critters combined with echoes and train noise. P.s. that would have scared the $&@% out of me too. Fox cries/screams are highly disturbing in how human they can sound.
edit on 27-5-2016 by 191stMIDET because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2016 by 191stMIDET because: Typo

edit on 27-5-2016 by 191stMIDET because: Typo

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Sounds like coyotes to me. Hear them almost every night here in NM. They roam the neighborhoods at night, and when they get someone's cat or something, they howl like banshees.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
My dog sat upright when I played the video so I'd say it was canines of some kind playing or fighting. Still scary on a dark night

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Foxes scream like hell. I'm told it's a mating thing.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Yeah, coyotes.

When I was wee and living in an isolated desert house, I once had cats mating right outside my bedroom window, followed by the deranged gibbering of a group of coyotes that likely ate the cats.. .the sounds I heard that night woulda sent Lovecraft scrambling for earplugs and whiskey.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
that's coyotes.....but there is some unexplained sounds here in Texas....a bigfoot trying to sound like a coyote when they start-up.....and two months ago a pipeline hissing sound that lasted for 50 seconds....really loud and morphed from a machine clanking sound.......no explanation....I figured the gas pipeline had blown.....but it stopped by itself.....

two weeks ago two owls had a 55 minute argument that was almost bobcat sounding....I got close to check.....owls low by a pond 8 feet from the ground....I think they were married....LOL

Tru-Dat!
The 800 lb owls in east texas are awesome-sauce!
As well as the fake 'yotes, imitation bulls in heat and a range of other noises.

The best I've heard was what sounded like a diesel dually revving like it was stuck in mud. The neat part was how with no road in thick trees it moved up and down a steep rocky hillside. This was about 1am, no headlights, no tail lights, no road and moving vertically up and down the incredibly steep hillside. I think about the time it came back closer and reved up behind a short squat pine tree we started clapping for originality.

SMH

Totally bonus points for originality!

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Sounds like mating foxes.

I got woken up one night about 1:30 or 2:00am and heard what I thought was a womans screams outside. (I live in a 3rd story condo in suburban Virginia.) I looked out the back sliding glass door and there in the grassy area were two foxes, just having a time of it...every now and then one of them (I presume it was the female) was screaming like a woman being stabbed with a knife.

Honestly, when I heard the sound without knowing what it was, it scared the crap out of me. But once I saw what it was, I just chuckled and went back to bed. Darndest thing though, the grassy area was pretty big and only had one light...and the two of them were under that light.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join