It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would u do if there was a nuclear war?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Wish I would of sold all my comic books...sooner...duh!!

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I always figured I would try to stand right under neath the bomb as it exploded. The closer you are to the blast, the higher the chance you have of being time-warped at the atomic level and come back with super powers.
edit on 5/27/2016 by Pyrrho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: JaMeDoIt
Some would survive...most would die either in the blast, the follow on rioting or starve to death in a few weeks...but some would survive, somewhere and create a new (better?) society.

That is the good news. You and I...the internet geek sucking nerds are fooked!

Cheers

No
Cuz I'll be in my bunker

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
first:...there won't be any radiation. Or very little. The reason is the new nukes don't immit radiation. The reason is the still needs the planet in tack to implement the NWO.

Second.... I would make my way to my bunker. From there I'd trap n hunt n forage for food. I'd focus on improving my camp. And if keep an eye out for survivors that I might be able to trade with. I'd just mainly focus on canning, drying food, and living off the land.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

first:...there won't be any radiation. Or very little. The reason is the new nukes don't immit radiation.

Which comic book made you believe that?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Hydrogen bombs today use lead jackets to absorb the fusion-produced neutrons, but they still have the problem of spreading fission-products produced by their fission triggers. Which means they do indeed produce extremely toxic radioactive fallout.
edit on 28-5-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Hydrogen bombs today use lead jackets to absorb the fusion-produced neutrons...

Lead's nearly transparent to neutrons.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
Second.... I would make my way to my bunker. From there I'd trap n hunt n forage for food. I'd focus on improving my camp. And if keep an eye out for survivors that I might be able to trade with. I'd just mainly focus on canning, drying food, and living off the land.

You sound like you would be well-fed.

I would find your bunker and come and eat you. Please change your name to Augie's Future Sandwich.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Cnn

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

U can come in without the secret password

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

U can come in without the secret password

Psssst!

*whispers*

I already know.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I'd search for as many Stim packs and packets of Rad Away as I could find then head out into the wasteland to see what I could scavenge , carefully avoiding Rad Scorpions and Death Claws with my Stealth Boy.

Or die a slow lingering death , one of the two.

I swear if I wasn't Hefficides online wifey, id marry you. BEST REPLY EVER.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrCrow

originally posted by: KnightFire
I would move to Jericho. Some will get this and some will not.

I'll come with

Shame we never found out how Jericho fared during it's later years. But then, I suppose it's become a "military secret".

Sounds good to me.

Yes, it is a shame we never found out how Jericho fared in the later years. Excellent plat, with excellent writers. I'd love to get my hands on the remaining scripts that were write before the plug was pulled.

Maybe there is how for a movie.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Not enough information, limited or full out... full out nobody survives, limited yes there is a short time survival chance but the odds of you being where the fall out cant or wont be carried to you... very small.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Actually, since I can see the doughnut from my bedroom window, I don't think I need to worry about a protacted death...

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Umm yes there would still be radiation.. is it as bad as what was dropped in ww2 no of course not, but there would still be radiation and there would still rocks, dust, dirt and other debris completely covered in radiation that would be blown miles into the air to land where ever the wind takes it.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

first:...there won't be any radiation. Or very little. The reason is the new nukes don't immit radiation.

Which comic book made you believe that?

The new neutron bmb n other similar ones don't give off radiation. They'll use them to remove most cities.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Hope you get a new keyboard soon. Your posts are hard to read for those of us that do not speak "Text Speak".

Neutron bombs put out quite a bit of radiation. That's what it is for: to kill people and leave structures more intact.

Newer bombs is not what most countries have. They have the "old type" of bombs, which means yes, quite a bit of fallout is going to be around to kill people if it's all out nuclear warfare.

Worse: all those nuclear power plants that either get damaged very badly, or no longer have anyone running them. Say hello to Fukashima many times over.

Imagine all the places like factories and waste disposal where very toxic chemicals will be pretty much released too.

Certainly hope the CDC is bomb proof where they store all sorts of very exotic biologicals that can kill people quite quickly....or anyone else that has those for that mater.

Nuclear wars are not done to "win", they are not done to "re-populate the Earth with a NWO".

Nuclear wars are for one thing, and one thing only: to destroy and wipe out.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

There's a nuclear war. All the cities are destroyed. But ur out of town so u lived. There's no cel ph service and ur car is almost out of gas.

What would u do to survive???

🙀

Simple if it's a couple of nukes move away. If it was a nuclear war your toast between the radiation levels and the cold.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Weep for all the innocent life killed in humanities folly. Honestly would not want to live after the flash of radiation. It would kill me to watch those I care about wither away. I just hope I would be lucky enough to be surrounded by friends and family doing something I love when it hits.
But if I did survive I would like to be a Terminator and go take out any of the responsible parties left.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join