It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would u do if there was a nuclear war?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: lavatrance
There's a nuclear war. All the cities are destroyed. But ur out of town so u lived. There's no cel ph service and ur car is almost out of gas.

What would u do to survive???

🙀

I live in New Zealand.

I don't think things would change that much for me.

You could prepare by brushing up on your Mandarin Chinese.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Wow, you really over thought that and might have actually survived a nuclear exchange but just for spite I will give President Trump the code to your implanted Masonic RFID chip so he can nuke you first.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Don't go near military installations in such a scenario.They have guns they certainly wish to keep and everyone else will be there too.

Get out of town with as little as possible but as much as you could carry safely.Head for the hills.

Avoid people.Stay out of the rain.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

Oh, and by the way, for a thread title it's YOU, not U.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I would get some potassium iodine or iodide; not sure which i need. Whichever it is it protects you from Nuclear poisining. Then I'd retreat deep underground.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Live it up for a few days, of course.

Steely Dan pretty much covered it:

If you come around
No more pain and no regrets
Watch the sun go brown
Smoking cobalt cigarettes
There's no need to hide
Taking things the easy way
If I stay inside
I might live til Saturday

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

just get absolutely drunk as can be. Just drink non stop until the radiation kills ya

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I live 15 minutes from Ft Bragg. Pretty sure I would be charcoal quickly, and that's exactly how I'd prefer it to be.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
There's a nuclear war. All the cities are destroyed. But ur out of town so u lived. There's no cel ph service and ur car is almost out of gas.

What would u do to survive???

🙀

Let's look at the situation.

1) There's a nuclear war - Was it worldwide or just my country?
2) All the cities are destroyed - I assume that just all the biggest cities are destroyed.
3) you're out of town so you lived - That's incredibly lucky, but I'm I in a small town or a wilderness?
4) There's no cell phone service - If I'm in my car I have an FM/AM radio for information and a mobile CB (really I have one in my car).
5) your car is almost out of gas - At least I have a car, I have a number of useful things in my car. I'd try driving to someplace I can escape the fallout for sure.

If all the major cities are destroyed in a nuclear war, that would be a lot of fallout. It would be amazingly lucky if I were alive in my car, but I'd try to head out of my country as a refugee to a nearby one that wasn't nuked. If that wasn't possible I'd try to avoid the fallout and find shelter. I'd look though the stuff I had in my car that I could use after it runs out of gas. Hopefully I have a map to help plan my next moves.
edit on 27-5-2016 by MichiganSwampBuck because: for clarity

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Nuclear war .. What would I do ? Two options

1. If I believe I have enough time and have to ability to do so I'm heading north to Scotland to disappear into highlands to at least maybe escape the fallout for the time being and hope to live a bit longer.

2. If I can't escape the impacted areas. I'm gonna stand on the biggest hill I can find which, get as high as **** and wait for the big burning wave of devastation to wipe me off the planet. Why? Because quite frankly I wouldn't want to live in a world where those in charge of providing me with a good life can at the touch of a button and wipe out billions while the elites sit there in their bunkers. Also why would I want to survive to live in a wasteland which was once known as planet earth

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

If it already happened its too late. Before hand some think there are steps you can take to prepare… best case scenario type of things…

Read Bruce Claytons book

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
I would get some potassium iodine or iodide; not sure which i need. Whichever it is it protects you from Nuclear poisining. Then I'd retreat deep underground.

Think you'll find most of the high government officials and higher elites will be keeping the iodine for themselves

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Just like the old pork chop express says " the checks in the mail"

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I was trained in triage in the event of Chemical, Nuclear, or Biological warfare while in the military, I would hope to be a greasy spot somewhere. In the first wave.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Die...probably

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightFire
I would move to Jericho. Some will get this and some will not.

I'll come with

Shame we never found out how Jericho fared during it's later years. But then, I suppose it's become a "military secret".

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Live it up for a few days, of course.

Steely Dan pretty much covered it:

If you come around
No more pain and no regrets
Watch the sun go brown
Smoking cobalt cigarettes
There's no need to hide
Taking things the easy way
If I stay inside
I might live til Saturday

Great band. Great song.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker

originally posted by: lostbook

Think you'll find most of the high government officials and higher elites will be keeping the iodine for themselves

I already have some.....uh......Potassium iodide. Will that do?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I'm just 5 minutes outside of joint base Lewis/McChord
So I'd vaporize along with about a half a million other people.

But if our defenses work like they should there is about a gazillion acres of untouched land out here. I'm handy in the woods so I'd grow a sweet beard and live next to a bear in a cave. Maybe whittle myself a flute.

But probably just vaporize.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
Nuclear war .. What would I do ? Two options

1. If I believe I have enough time and have to ability to do so I'm heading north to Scotland to disappear into highlands to at least maybe escape the fallout for the time being and hope to live a bit longer.

2. If I can't escape the impacted areas. I'm gonna stand on the biggest hill I can find which, get as high as **** and wait for the big burning wave of devastation to wipe me off the planet. Why? Because quite frankly I wouldn't want to live in a world where those in charge of providing me with a good life can at the touch of a button and wipe out billions while the elites sit there in their bunkers. Also why would I want to survive to live in a wasteland which was once known as planet earth
actually, after reading this... if I'm still around I'd make it a high priority to hunt down any who were responsible for it. It's a long shot but what the hell, not like I've got work to go to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join