It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy and Light Feeling: What is it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
As a child I used to get this feeling. With the feeling, came along imagery. Although, I do not think the imagery was important.

Seldomly, I would get the feeling of a great heavy weight. Then, in the very next moment, something extremely light. Like a massive bowling ball, and the lightest feather.

It would create near madness in me when i was a child. I would sit at the edge of my parents bed, trying to grasp what i was experiancing. Trying to catch hold of anything that would stop this feeling. Like trying to catch a ledge while i was falling.

It felt like my mind was about to slip away.

Once in a great while, I feel that feeling at the bottom of my stomach. Never quite slipping back into existance, but remaining in some part of my psyche. It's this incomphrensible thing. The feeling of two poles.

Has anyone ever got this feeling in any way? Thanks for reading.
edit on 27-5-2016 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I used to get something similar when young. Mine would be as small as a pinprick then as large as a planet. switching almost instantly between the two feelings.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I recall feeling that either the room and my bed were growing massive or that i was shrinking to the size of a pea,more or less.I recall a light at such times,but i couldn't make out where it came from.A really weird feeling.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
If this sensation is mosty felt in your head you should tell a doctor you would like an MRI of your brain.
It is possible for people to be born with brain tumors. These are mostly benign and do not grow.
But things like stress changes is blood pressure fatigue etc can produce various symptoms depending on where they are located.
I'm not saying this is what's up for sure...But it is a possibility...

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
As a child, I remember having this feeling Too. Funny how I had completely forgotten it, but yea, I remember a weighted feeling. Mostly when running. I also had the light feeling you speak of..... as though you could run, gliding through the air twice the distance a normal stride would have taken you.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
"Change the Mass, Change the weight"

Old axiom.
In energy work change the frequency change the mass. I would say you guys accidentally changed your personal vibrations and experienced the flux. This seems to have freaked you out?

It's normal, at least to me.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I still get this feeling, and I am not a child anymore.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

What causes it?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78
Well, when I experianced it as a child it felt very disorienting and uneasy. It felt like my mind was not grounded and like I could go mad.

If it was a change in frequency or vibration, it would seem odd that it would go back and forth like that. Although, I don't know much about metaphysics.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I haven't the slightest idea. Sometimes it manifests in the feeling of distance. For instance, I will be laying in bed, inches away from my husband and have the physical sensation of being across the room. Sometimes, while talking, it even sounds like he (or I) is farther away.

Maybe it occurs more when I am frazzled, or emotional. I'll have to start paying close attention to what is going on when it occurs.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I think I know what you mean, I wrote a thread about this many years ago.

I don't get those feelings/sensations any more but they always intrigued me.

Here's the link to my thread:

Bizarre dreams: expanding and contracting?

Cool to know this isn't just me.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
As a child while ill with a fever I experienced strange sensations. I wasn't alone

When I was a child I had a fever.
My hands felt just like two balloons

-Pink Floyd
edit on 5/27/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

It sounds like is the sensations could be caused by fluxes in your etheric/astral body connections. Usually the two only disconnect during sleep, but it's more than possible for them to separate and remain conscious. Through much practice and awareness you can connect and disconnect from your etheric (vibrational physical) body. I would guess that this is what you experience. I know through my own journey and training the 'light' and 'heavy' sensations are common when playing with that connection, even to the point of incredibly uneasy feelings of weight and mass (it sometimes feel like gravity is 100x stronger)

observer

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Yes!
I thought I was the only one.
It always happened late at night. I would wake up with this feeling, being sort of in between sleep and consciousness. The only time I ever slept walk was similar in feeling. I later just figured it was what people called "night terrors".
It was so hard to explain how it felt. A sort of zooming in and out/fluctuations in size and weight. The proportions were terrifying.

It may be unrelated, but I later had problems with derealization. It is similar in how frightening it feels.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
What was the imagery associated with what you experienced?
Mine was kind of like t.v. static. Tiny dots. Pin points of light.

For those who've never experienced this, try imagining a dust particle that weights a ton.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
High and Low blood pressure.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Is that what it is? What I experienced felt more.. mental.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Hah, I had a similar thing. I would alternate between being very Thin, stretched out, long and very Fat compact.
I liked the sensation and I found a way to induce it by focussing on the wobbly wallpaper. Once I had it the wall would seem to come towards me when feeling fat and when feeling thin the wall would seem far away.

I tried to induce the feeling as an adult once. Just out of curiosity if I could still do it. It was difficult but fun

Thanks for making this thread. S&F
And nice to see so many responses

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: IridiumFlareMadness

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Is that what it is? What I experienced felt more.. mental.

From my experience, Yes that's what it is.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: IridiumFlareMadness

Yes! The wallpaper I mentioned would sort of morph into moving specs like the static TV thingies.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join