It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Closes The Door To Monsanto

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Monsanto hasn't managed to buy worldwide scientific consensus because countries are rejecting their products and obviously they have their reasons, as indeed so does Putin. However Monsanto also have a problem which they are not addressing with Roundup:

In recent weeks, we've learned some very disturbing truths about glyphosate, the active ingredient in Monsanto's broad-spectrum herbicide Roundup, which is generously doused on genetically engineered (GE) Roundup Ready crops.

GE crops are typically far more contaminated with glyphosate than conventional crops, courtesy of the fact that they're engineered to withstand extremely high levels of Roundup without perishing along with the weed.

A new peer-reviewed report authored by Anthony Samsel, a retired science consultant, and a long time contributor to the Mercola.com Vital Votes Forum, and Dr. Stephanie Seneff, a research scientist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), reveals how glyphosate wrecks human health.

In the interview above, Dr. Seneff summarizes the two key problems caused by glyphosate in the diet:

Nutritional deficiencies
Systemic toxicity
Their findings make the need for labelling all the more urgent, and the advice to buy certified organic all the more valid.

The Horrific Truth about Roundup

In 2009, a French court found Monsanto guilty of lying; falsely advertising its Roundup herbicide as "biodegradable," "environmentally friendly" and claiming it "left the soil clean."

We also have to take into account that these companies have large resources and lawyers who ensure that the truth goes not get out into the public domain simply by threatening to sue media channels if they report unfavourably which effectively silences everyone. So we aren't on a level playing field at all.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Monsanto hasn't managed to buy worldwide scientific consensus because countries are rejecting their products and obviously they have their reasons

Monsanto CAN'T buy scientific consensus. What government bans or doesn't ban isn't indicative of its safety. Since the late 70s thousands of studies have been conducted on GMOs. Monsanto isn't the only game in town...Or in the world. GMOs have been proven safe. If you have evidence(like an actual study) that proves otherwise, and can refute(currently over 1700 studies) what the current consensus is on GMOs, I'd like to see it.

However Monsanto also have a problem which they are not addressing with Roundup:

Two different issues, and just proves to me that your arguments are based entirely on low hanging fruit.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Mercola.com

Yeah...This guy is real credible en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Thanks to all who are participating in this thread!! This thread is chock full of nuanced argument and counterargument, and lots of supporting material. Much appreciated!!

My personal opinion is that Putin SAYS he's closing the door on Monsanto.

If he follows through with action that supports the words, well then good on him!!

Of course, he could be using public statements as a negotiating tactic... something like 'I am closing the door to you (Monsanto) unless you can make me a substantially better deal than you have so far'.

Or, 'I don't need your brand of GMO... we are in the proces of making our own'.

Or, 'We like our cheap old-school herbicides and pesticides'.

I am not anti-Putin. Just anti-politician. They all have a gift for screwing their constituency in ways that make the people shout 'More, please!'

Shiloh7, I really appreciate the thread. Especially your most recent post with the study finding that the problem with gmo's may not be the crops themselves... but the farming practices surrounding the crops.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The biggest downfall here is that Monsanto wants to OWN the food chain and thus control it. Their seed commit suicide therefore ensuring a regular income from farmers who must buy only Monsanto seed. Cornering the Food market is dangerous to other food growers, not to mention Monsanto seeds contaminate Organic seeds.
edit on 5/28/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Mercola.com

Yeah...This guy is real credible en.wikipedia.org...

Oh, good ol' mercola!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Oh, good ol' mercola!

Funny how they say they aren't in it for the money, but as you showed he really likes his money.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

A lot of Russians wouldn't agree with you and its something both Obama and Cameron would dearly love and are clearly jealous about.

That is because most Russian's know talking bad about Putin gives you a nice vacation stay at one of Russia's best government owned hotels in sunny Siberia.

How do you think he has stayed president for so long...get rid of the opposition and lie to the people is how.

Most Russian's believe what the government controlled media tells them...if they knew the truth they would be so happy with him.

Lets think about the America demand for sanctions against Russia. That was deliberately aimed to damage Russia's economy.

Wrong, because those sanctions were because Russia was in Ukraine...those sanctions wouldn't be there if Putin would get out of Ukraine...and we see he has no intention of that so the sanctions stayed. Helps to know what your talking about before making comments like that.

However what actual hypocrisy, because its a jolly good thing that no one has suggested sanctions against warmongering America for its efforts in : Iraq, Libya, Ukraine and Syria and obviously its interference in a lot of other countries all around the world.

Well if the US annexes any part of those countries then they should, but the fact they haven't is why they don't get sanctions...and the reason Russia has been sanctioned.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

It's funny how you show up in every thread that has Putin, especially Russia in it, and no matter what the thread is about, your mind just happens to write the same things everytime( I am not saying that you already have a prepared script, that would be outrageous ).

For those wondering, I am not calling him a paid pro-american-government bot, that would be ridiculous and outrageous and against the ATS rules. I just find it odd.

And as for this thread, I just hope more and more countries will follow up and ban all gmo food. But that's most likely just my dirty fantasy.
edit on 28-5-2016 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

They should ban all food that has been mutated by radiation too!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This is the first image that came to mind after reading your response to this thread.

Pounding swords into plowshares to feed starving children all over the world.

Gives the image a slightly different twist.

www.flickr.com...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Well in the last 30 years autism,diabetes,cancer and alsheimers have increased exponentially theres only 2 things that can cause that the ingestion or inhaling of something nasty,food and pesticides are two variables that are definately a part of the mix to be examined much more closely as for all the bs here supporting frankenfoods yeah 6 out of 10 Doctors once recommended Camel cigarettes also

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
as a small farmer and gardener in Europe I know why monsanto or gmo is bad for me. But mind you this is not coming from a scientist but take it as an opinion of a guy...

- their ways of protecting the plants and killing insects is too strong, they kill everything, bees etc..
you don't want to find there are no bees, if all bees dies than who will flower the whole world?

- their grown food lack in quality
if I pick one fruit from the garden and one from the store, the difference is obvious, in taste and I bet also in vitamins or richness or all around quality of fruit or veggies. Not just from my garden but from neighbour also...so you can't say I only like mine more, hah...well I do..but with good reason : )

- their chemical stuff may (understatement imho!) be even poisonous to our body, as there are a lot of different chemicals they use which can stay in the body and accumulate.

- they can destroy the land, soil fairly quickly over years, unable to grow anything else.

so what Putin is doing is very good indeed if this is all there is to it...in any case pure organic food is very very needed at this point. If russia can deliver, than let it.
Monsanto, gmo...for anyone that thinks this is the way...well be my guest, by I don't want to grow or eat anything from them.
As far as my opinion goes, this stuff is not good for health of animals, soil and humans.

I wish pure organic gets again into the mainstream and Russia can deliver.

Also as already khnum pointed out, the rise of so many diseases is a very obvious sing about the quality of food we eat, but rarely this is said and connected in mainstream media, curiously...

edit on 1464488037513May135133116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join