It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plans to create an EU army 'kept secret' from UK voters until after Brexit Vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Watchers of the European Superstate progression will know an EU army has been on the cards for years but now The Times newspaper has seen notes taken by diplomats that reveal plans are still being drawn up and kept secret until after the June 23rd Brexit vote to avoid derailing Cameron's Stay campaign.

Until then, only a small group of EU political and security committee ambassadors, who must leave their electronic devices outside a sealed room, can read the proposal. However hand written notes can be taken.

Extracts of the text in notes taken by dipomats, seen by The Times, emphasise that “security and defence is where a step change is most urgent”. The paper warns that “in turbulent times, we need a compass to navigate the waters of a faster-changing world”. The news comes as figures show a record number of immigrants arrived in Britain last year for work, and net migration reached 333,0000.

Head of foreign policy in the EU, Federica Mogherini, has reportedly spent 18 months preparing the defence document to be discussed by European leaders at a summit on June 28.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Makes sense of why our armed forces have been cut to the bone over recent years.

edit on 27-5-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I think an EU armed forces is the natural outcome of having the EU in the first place. The ideal is that it's a unified Bloc and powerful force on the doorsteps of Russia and China. It's ironic that its most active existential threat comes from the ME and we have that open borders policy.

God knows how it'd work with so many language barriers and cultural differences. No British force would want to be led by, say, a Frenchman or a German. Spanish? Lol! The UK has the most expensive and well-equipped forces in Europe despite dwindling funds and cut-backs.

As usual, politicians hiding their plans causes more distrust. Lies of omission?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

But they have no borders to defend so how will they know when they are merrily tripping over someone else's country? Oh yes, it doesn't matter if their interference in other country's sovereignty is anything to go by.

Yes I expect there is a lot that Cameron, Rothschild and queenie are trying to keep quiet so that we will stay in. I expect every little trick to fix the vote is in full swing also. (Those postal votes from care homes must be in full swing production).

I actually don't know anyone who wants to stay in - often for varying reasons, always immigration though, but mostly for jobs etc. Most people also have the savvy to know that the UK is treasure island for selling your goods because its so well and efficiently organised. No company is going to want to loose its UK sales and a lot of other countries would probably like a good crack at buying and selling with us regardless of what dictatorship we currently exist under. They will also be hoping to set up here and utilise our skilled workforces and work ethics - could be the beginning of something very good if our past is anything to go by.

You also have to be ignorant not to realise that a huge federal Europe will have mass taxes to be infiltrated by the war mongers and bankers, so of course a block of countries will have rich pickings for the predators of human lives and money. The smaller the group the less interest it has for the elite running the world today. In fact any army to get rid of them would be far more productive and one I would certainly back.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I think an EU armed forces is the natural outcome of having the EU in the first place.

Agreed mate , single currency , single army , one European parliament ruling over national councils.
Superstate.

The direction of travel is clear , it has been for some years now , I have considered long and hard over this vote and really do feel the only way to save our country is to leave the EU.

Lies of omission indeed.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I've not made my mind up yet.

Half of the reason is because Cam is being greasy as ever. It's almost like I want to vote leave just to do the opposite of what he wants! He treats us like kids with the daily scare stories of life outside the EU. So manipulative and media savvy.

Business will go on regardless and so will most other things.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

TBH mate I see no other choice , if the EU was still all about trade and common purpose then I could put up with its foibles and idiosyncrasies but I cant escape the feeling that the ever closer union is being driven by the rich and powerful for their own benefit.
When faced with a genuine threat the EU has shown itself to be impotent and at times seems frozen with fear at taking necessary action , the EU seems to me to be good at regulating but lacking in decision making and leadership.

I'm proud to be British , I don't fear the unknown.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Yeah, moving the wheels of a bureaucracy takes much longer than greasing them lol. If we had a direct, genuine threat, we'd take weeks to mobilise an EU army. All the way, it'd be "Objection!" Too many interests to be dynamic and responsive.

They might have kept it hush-hush because a lot of people will vote to leave instead of downsizing and out-sourcing our military power. Conniving is standard. I'd expect calls for a do-over if the vote says to exit.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: KandinskyI think you aught to do more searching for information! For ALL of you. WHAT DO YOU THINK NATO IS? Take the US out of the equation and you have a european army, navy and airforce. British service people have been led by who was in charge at the time. Whether that's a Frenchman, German or British officer
And Nato has been around since just after WW2.
The idea of a primary EU army was discussed in the early seventies so stop acting as if i's a new idea and has been kept secret.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

The idea of a primary EU army was discussed in the early seventies so stop acting as if i's a new idea and has been kept secret.

I mentioned it has been on the cards in the OP so nobody is saying it's a new idea , the article says ambassadors must leave their electronic devices outside a sealed room but can take notes so not a secret but likely something they don't want publicised before the vote.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: gortexNo, they're talking about military matters and where military matters are concerned it's all secret til they decide to let things out of the bag. It wouldn't do for our enemies to know about our army before it even exists.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Anybody who talks about a EUro army or claims plans for its upcoming creation, is not credible unless he has a plan for the disbanding of NATO.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
So is there any update on this?

Just got a YT hit from an alt news channel I sub to on the EU and the creation of an Army.

Another alt news website I check occasionally posted a story as well.
YourNewsWire, however not sure how credible.

Any thoughts would be a welcome.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Impossible that the EU is keeping those plans secret, because they invited repeated times the UK to join the EU army!
But there are also other issues with the EU military baloney. NATO, and what to do about it!

top topics

join