It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had an interesting encounter the other day

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Would your accent have given the guy a clue that you were from Belfast?

Your accent, coupled with the ME plates, could have given him enough information to make a good guess.

Or perhaps he previously owned the car

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Yes... with King as your guide to Maine I'm sure it must seem like a scary place as well. But some of the natives are strange and all of the people from "away" are strangers....sorry....couldn't help it
. I unfortunately will always be from away...since I wasn't born there even though I have spent 30+ years there..... Even if you were born in Portsmouth NH and taken across the Kittery bridge before they cut the umbilical cord....you would always be from "away". Thankfully my 3 adult children get to claim being natives. Maine is a very unique state...one that is full of diversity and beauty and yet a very tough state to survive in at times. With 5 months of winter 1 month of "mud season" 1 month of black fly hell 3 months of heavenly summer and 1 month of the best Fall experience that the earth has to offer and 1 month of " Indian summer" if you're lucky. It almost makes me cry talking about her...especially since I am away from her right now. It makes me wish for immortality ....because I'm afraid she might not be here if I left and came back.... The only way I could tolerate an Earth without her would be if they wiped my memory clean of her.....otherwise life here would be unbearable .

edit on 27-5-2016 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Maybe he was the previous owner of the car although you say he has been there over 30 years...

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Yes that's correct...he said he had been in that area for over 36 yrs ( to be exact ). I also mentioned to him that usually people that have lived in Maine end up going back again ( to live ) at some point. He said that he had not been back since he left.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

He mentioned Belfast before we had hardly spoken....When my daughter asked him how he knew that...it was almost like he was caught off guard and just blirted out " it's written all over the car " and then before we could press him further on exactly what that meant he said " whoever bought the car before you must have bought it in Belfast ". That was enough to make us drop the issue at that point...because we thought there must be something on the car that said Belfast so we just started making other small talk. It wasn't until after the man had left that my daughter re-iterated to me that her car does not say Belfast on it any where. So I got out and walked around to the back of the car and looked it over...and she was right... it doesn't say Belfast.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join