It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit: Plans for closer EU military cooperation held until after vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Plans for closer EU military cooperation held until after vote

Proposals outlining new operational structures have been drawn up but reportedly will not be unveiled until after 23 June

The Times reported that the proposals will not be seen by European leaders until a summit on 28 June – almost a week after the UK referendum.
It is feared that doing so before the vote could boost the leave campaign.

To keep the lid on the Global Strategy on Foreign and Security Policy proposals, only a small number of diplomats are allowed to view the documents in a sealed room and must leave electronic devices outside, according to the report.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This isnt the only issue that was held after the eu referendum.
EU's ban on inefficient toasters delayed to avoid pro-Brexit press attack

The EU is very Democratic arent they? oh wait never mind it must be the evil works of EVIL PUTIN.........

Brexit would absolutely be applauded in Russia, says defence secretary

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I have a troubling thought about where the combined EU military thing is going.
I've no proof, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see UK regiments posted in France, Germany etc and Continental units here.

Why? It's the old Roman Empire model, your troops are more likely to follow orders to put down dissent in a place that is foreign to them than if they are confronted by their own countrymen.

At some point in the next twenty years, there will be at least one grass roots "We want out" movement in one of the member states that is too big for the local cops to deal with. How much safer for the political masters if they have a couple of regiments of foreign troops that they can put on the streets?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
I have a troubling thought about where the combined EU military thing is going.
I've no proof, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see UK regiments posted in France, Germany etc and Continental units here.

Why? It's the old Roman Empire model, your troops are more likely to follow orders to put down dissent in a place that is foreign to them than if they are confronted by their own countrymen.

At some point in the next twenty years, there will be at least one grass roots "We want out" movement in one of the member states that is too big for the local cops to deal with. How much safer for the political masters if they have a couple of regiments of foreign troops that they can put on the streets?

Well, the proof is in the Lisbon Treaty, Article 42.7.

The EU "Common Defence" is allowed to come into Britain if there is any "armed aggression". So any riot against the government that gets out of hand, can be put down by foreign forces.

"7. If a Member State is the victim of armed aggression on its territory, the other Member States shall have towards it an obligation of aid and assistance by all the means in their power, in accordance with Article 51 of the United Nations Charter. This shall not prejudice the specific character of the security and defence policy of certain Member States."

Oh, and there is this little beauty prophetically numbered Article "88":

"1. Europol’s mission shall be to support and strengthen action by the Member States’ police authorities and other law enforcement services and their mutual cooperation in preventing and combating serious crime affecting two or more Member States, terrorism and forms of crime which affect a common interest covered by a Union policy."

This covers the growing Nationalist parties which are gaining momentum at the moment across Europe. It is against EU law to love your own culture and everything you grew up with - anyone who does can be classed as a criminal or terrorist.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Raven95

hope Britain does leave EU the EU did not exist when I lived in Europe my family was a military family.

I grew up moving ever 4 years not a lot of fun. so I understand that Europe does not have the French franc or the german mark anymore I never understood why a country would give up its own currency.

top topics

join