It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Separating the Mandela Effect From Memory

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Perhaps you should do a research on how search engines work instead. Now I`m not denying that Mandella effect is possible but "evidence" based on search queries is not the evidence you were looking for. What engines do is prioritise queries made by people while it knows that both groups, typing in different queries (Eg. interview with a vampire and interview with the vampire), are looking for the same thing. And since there are titles with both versions uploaded you will find both, in the relevant(to viewers) order...where the film obviously has more interest than Mandella effect conspiracy theory.

So what it (youtube search engine) actually does tell you is that majority of people are not into conspiracy theories, nothing more. At least not in this case

My take on Mandella effect is that you will never be able to prove it because if you jumped to a alternate timeline or universe, there will be no physical proof because it never happened there, it happened in your previous universe so memory is all you`ll ever have.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Again, suggesting that the most logical explanation is the only possible one is not intelligent, it is a logical fallacy.

My argument does not require the suspension of the laws of physics as we know.

What Laws of Physics are being suspended?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
you need some thing form the last 30 days

that's how you separate it from memory

www.refinery29.com...

that show is what, 10 years old ?
I mean an event from the last 30 days
edit on 29-5-2016 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
in my time line the captain america movie is titled;

Captain America: Civil War

how about you ?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: bk2025
These threads always devolve into petty back and forth.

I don't think that happened in this thread. There was a lot of headway made. The problem is that there is certain evidence that none of the 'debunkers' want to discuss. There was some pettiness in this thread but it wasn't "petty back and forth" for the most part.

Yeah I gotta say, this thread is better than those other giant threads about ME. The last few thousand comments were just attacks on each other. Anyways, there's some interesting stuff here.

My favorite "wtf" moment so far has been C3PO's silver leg, I never noticed that before.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
in my time line the captain america movie is titled;

Captain America: Civil War

how about you ?

No, no, NO. You're from Earth2 in the OTHER reality.

The real name is Colonel Canuck: Local Angst.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CollidinParticules
Again, suggesting that the most logical explanation is the only possible one is not intelligent, it is a logical fallacy.

No it isn't. All things being equal, which of the two proposed possibilities is the more likely and of those two, which has evidence or is testable to a degree.

Yours is not. Mine is.

What Laws of Physics are being suspended?

Time travel or machines/devices/processes that can go back and alter the past, thereby changing/influencing the present. All that is, currently, part of what we call "Scientifical Fictions", ie: not real.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

No it isn't. All things being equal, which of the two proposed possibilities is the more likely and of those two, which has evidence or is testable to a degree. Yours is not. Mine is.

This still doesn't eliminate it as a possibility.

Time travel or machines/devices/processes that can go back and alter the past, thereby changing/influencing the present. All that is, currently, part of what we call "Scientifical Fictions", ie: not real.

Yet this is a common and expected occurrance in Quantum Physics and paralel universes are an accepted possibility.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Why are all these examples linked to media?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienDNA
a reply to: bottleslingguy

What? Advertised on facebook? Where?

uhhh..... on facebook. that's how I got to it- from facebook. where on facebook? in my feed as I was scrolling.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
There is an explanation for the Mandela Effect that doesn't require any assumptions: personal truth.

There is at least one historical precedent that seems to point to people shifting realities. I'll be waiting for a comment from the 'debunkers' on this one.

The Children of Woolpit is an ancient account dating back to the 12 th century, which tells of two children that appeared on the edge of a field in the village of Woolpit in England. The young girl and boy had green-hued skin and spoke an unknown language. The children became sick and the boy died, but the girl recovered and over the years came to learn English. She later relayed the story of their origins, saying they came from a place called St Martin’s Land, which existed in an atmosphere of permanent twilight, and where the people lived underground. While some view the story as a folk tale that that describes an imaginary encounter with inhabitants of another world beneath our feet or even extraterrestrial, others accept it as a real, but somewhat altered account of a historical event that merits further investigation.
The Green Children of Woolpit: the 12th century legend of visitors from another world

I've changed my mind about the thesis of this thread. I thought it was likely that different realities had converged. After giving it a lot of thought, I think the only scenario worth considering is a total shift of realities by some of us. The following quote explains why looking for "reality residues" doesn't really make sense. In addition, there is a scientific basis for believing entirely different realities exist but there's no such basis for believing that a convergence of realities could happen (as far as I know).

If indeed you, me, and others who experience ME symptoms (or at least we think we do), have indeed transferred to another reality (same planet, same people, same memories with parents, friends, same college, and so forth), what purpose does it serve doing a forensic analysis of ink? What purpose does it serve to inspect the composition of the book fibers of the Berenstein books? We're potentially in a NEW REALITY, therefore in this reality we should expect to see BerenSTAIN on the front of every copy in every bookstore on this planet. The way I see it, you cannot prove to those in this reality that Berenstain was actually Berenstein, because in their reality, IT IS BERENSTAIN. That would be like telling someone whose a fan of the New England Loyalists NFL team in X reality that their team name is wrong from the perspective of Y reality where its actually the New England Patriots.

The way I see it, the only proof we have, IF INDEED WE ARE IN ANOTHER REALITY... are the memories of those who for whatever reason transferred to this reality. Another question that would help us to solve this problem is to figure out WHEN this happened, or if it's happened MULTIPLE TIMES. I've already done my reading and a great many people seem to think they transfered back in 2000 -- the year that some reading has shown Berenstain changed to Berenstein... others however recall transferring more recently in the past 2-3 years. For those who subscribe to the CERN connection, and how it fired up back in 2009-2010 (I forgot), it would be strange how people would transfer back in 2000, and not 2009+. Maybe I have a very shallow perspective, I don't know. But please don't take it as I'm against your points, because they're AWESOME points.

There may actually be remnants, or glitches in the "matrix", this "reality", or whatever you want to call it, and we need to do our best to document them (those from the previous reality). The only real physical proof I've seen thus far are people like Anne Rice calling their own book "Interview with A Vampire" during interview (what author forgets their book title?). I think architectural proof would be especially great, which you mentioned already. Just recently I watched a video testimony of a lady who said that she doesn't recall the Verrazano-Narrows bridge that allows you to get to Staten island. I had no idea that there was any such bridge. I always thought that you had to use a ferry to go to Staten Island. I'm sure there are much better examples (I hope so, at least), but I'm presently unaware of them. One other piece of proof that would be great, and that's geological proof -- for example, many books on geology written in 2015 completely contradicting very basic, well-established, common sense #'s written 10 years ago.
Mandela Effect - are we on an alternate time line now ?

edit on 30-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Good find with the VW video!

Personally, I really don't see what science has to do with the Mandela Effect, at least not right now, for different reasons. For one, if someone runs out of the woods, screaming that they saw a bigfoot, I'm sure they'll flat our ignore you if you asked them for scientific evidence. They know what they saw. The Mandela Effect lies partly in our memories and partly in the 'bleed-through' (or old reality residue) from the reality that we remember. Right now it is impossible to prove anything in the realm of science.

Another reason is that, for many people, this has just happened or been discovered. It's still a new subject and I'm sure it will continue growing over upcoming years. For anyone to shout us down that we have not collected a case with scientific evidence to present to the science community is absurd. Firstly, as with my bigfoot point, we do not necessarily have to prove it to anyone, but also, this is still new to many of us and we are still trying to come to terms with it, wrap our minds around what has happened. If a group of scientists head out on an expedition to try to locate evidence of Atlantis, the science community would not automatically jump on them and call them liars, fools or lunatics. Why on earth would they? The team needs time to locate potential evidence, collect it, examine it and build a case for it. This takes time, perhaps years. Likewise, it would probably take years to build a serious case for the Mandela Effect in terms of compelling evidence to convince skeptics.

Which brings me to my final point: we are not scientists. If at some point a scientist or group of scientists wants to examine the Mandela Effect they may determine if there is evidence to build a case to convince their peers, they may try. Most of us go on logic and common sense.

I would not worry about debunkers because now is not the time for it. Now is the time to ask questions, explore, examine what we find

You are right that logic shows that it is not a simple matter of people remembering things wrong. Common sense knows better. But people will be afraid, if not terrified, pushed to the edge of what they handle, or downright offended because it goes against their beliefs or outlook. It's an important subject that must be discussed in spite of the negative reactions of some. And you are also right that the debunkers are using faulty logic. They have to, because this is still a mystery to everyone, including those who have experienced it.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Here's my take. If this is all a case of bad memory, then why isn't it bad memory about absolutely everything? Why does this bad memory seem to coalesce around a select few things?

The Berenstein Bears is a bunch of childrens books read by kids and adults over a period of about 40 odd years. These were books read to kids and read by adults in bedrooms all over the world. We held them up and read out the title. This was a large font and consisted of three words.

Don't give me the jumbled sentence argument. That applies with dense script in a passage of words. This is the title of a book. In big letters. Only three words long.

If you remember Berenstain then you will never understand the WTF factor that those of us that don't will ever feel. It's as simple as that. But don't worry. This is ongoing, and you will have your own WTF moment before too long.

My final point is about the physical. Kidneys. They used to be located between the lower ribs and the hips. How do I know this? Two reasons. Well two memories anyway.

I trained in Swedish Massage back in 1992 for a year. When it came to back massage there were three techniques that we used. Effluage, cupping and chopping. Effluage was the circular full hand massaging that most people do. Cupping was using a cupped hand to strike the body in an up and down motion. Not hard, but firm. We were told not to do this between the lower ribs and hips because it could damage the kidneys. Same for chopping, which was using the blade of the hand for similar motions. Again, not in that region.

Combined with that, I was learning kung fu, and one of the techniques was striking that area with an open hand. I have a distinct memory of my instructor telling us that there was only a few millimeters between the skin and the kidneys in that area. It was shown to us as well, gently as you'd expect, but it still hurt like a mofo.

I've tried to smack myself in the same area lately and nothing.

Something's going on. Don't know what it is or who it's affecting, but it's real.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
Personally, I really don't see what science has to do with the Mandela Effect, at least not right now

I've done some research into the multiverse theory and this is what I've found.

It is easy to forget that each of these new pocket universes is vastly larger than our observable universe (see next section). But these new universes are not superstrange, since they all exist within the same space-time framework that we know in our universe — though they erupt far beyond what we can see in our observable universe. What's more, once these new pocket universes are born, they are totally and forever disconnected from every other universe (including ours).
Confronting the Multiverse: What 'Infinite Universes' Would Mean

If the multiverse theory is true then looking for "reality residue" doesn't make any sense if you believe that we've entered another reality. There's also no point in trying to convince anyone of any "changes" if we've entered another reality. Nothing has changed here in this reality from what I can see.

For me, the Mandela Effect is just a major wake-up call about how reality seems to work. Some things that I suspected were true seem to be absolutely true. Some things where I couldn't see how they possibly could work before seem logical now.

Those of us who think we're in a different reality should be put in the same category as alien abductees in my opinion. We were abducted and put in a different place. I know it's happened for myself. I don't care how crazy this sounds, I had a dream some time ago where I was in an operating procedure and it was made clear to me that I was getting an upgrade to my body. I'm just posting that in case someone out there had a similar experience.

For those who think that the "changes" they've seen are sinister in nature, I see four changes at least that are tremendously good.

1. Our bodies seem to be constructed better. They are stronger than before.

2. Increasing the size of the Pacific Ocean will help to mitigate the effects of the Fukushima disaster. It will help absorb the radiation.

3. In my previous awareness, Tibet was not a country but it was treated as just another province in China. There were no "autonomous regions of China." There were still the two special administrative regions of China.

In my previous awareness, Tibet was a unique area of China because of its cultural dependence on religion. It was a society that was completely built on religion. The former Chinese government didn't like that and were repressive toward the religious rights of the people of Tibet. Consequently, a lot of people were pushing for a "Free Tibet" so the Tibetan people could have their religious-based society back. Imagine my surprise when I see that it's been done.

My personal belief is that religion is a negative thing. But, I believe in human freedom. So, I see that development as positive.

4. Putting Las Vegas next to a huge lake helps the city immensely. It used to be in Central Nevada in my previous awareness. They had intermittent water problems constantly and there were people who believed that the city would one day have to be shutdown because of its water problems.

The following has shook me to the core.

Concerning the word "penny" in the Bible. I have no knowledge of that word being used in the Bible in my previous experience.

However, look at the thread below. I quoted a Bible verse that has the word "penny" just two months ago.

'Give back to Caesar what is Caesar's', a recipe for revolution?

What does that mean? I cannot support the theory below with evidence, I'm just throwing it out there for feedback:

My first thought is that it was posted in this reality but not by me. It was posted by a simulation of me which would have read the word "penny" and not thought anything of it (because it's always been that way here).
edit on 3-6-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
A non-Mandella, but many might think not.
Paul Revere and William Dawes are sent from Boston to warn colonists. They knock on doors shouting "The British are Coming". The term was really "The Regulars are Coming". A miss-quote in early American print producing the legacy of the former.
edit on 3-6-2016 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Although I'm not a believer in the "reality residue" theory, the video directly below sure points to there being at least some validity to the theory. I'll be looking forward to the reaction of the 'debunkers' on this one.

www.youtube.com...

The following video seems to be the best indication of "reality residue" happening currently. The man in the video below keeps saying that he always knew Pepto Bismol as Pepto Bismo. I have always known it as Pepto Bismol.

www.youtube.com...

The Mandela Effect has led me to start studying the multiverse theory. I had no idea what a mess physics is. No one seems to have any idea what reality is. I knew that was the case before but I had no idea how bad the problem is. I highly recommend the video below. We can't even talk about any of this without making assumptions. It's a stalemate.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
A bit on imagined memories...

www.bbc.com...

bbc.com/future/story/20160726-the-mystery-of-why-you-cant-remember-being-a-baby

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

originally posted by: frenchfries

Good find !

In a way I do not think that any amount of evidence will convince a single DeBunker.
For me it is absolute unthinkable that it is Christopher Reeve I know this a 1000% I'm not an english native and invented esspecially for his name the association french verb rever (dream ) -r + s -> Christopher's Dream ... So his name is etched in my memory for sure.
South America was directly south of North America (not southeast as it is now).

This was my biggest one. I have a distinct memory of it being as you describe also.
Here is physical proof that this isn't a case of "faulty memory".
topwallpaperimages.com...
It also corrects other landmasses that seemed out of place.

The memory of this alignment was ingrained in my mind as a child from being fascinated with my older brother's globe which displayed the tilt of the earth.
This fact proves that I wasn't "remembering wrong", more a confusion bought about from remembering something correctly and most examples of that thing being in a different alignment.

Maybe it's something similar for you and others with this issue?
edit on 31 7 1616 by Ruiner1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I know its been quiet on this post for a while enjoyed watching the videos on here and found something the other day in relation to mirror , mirror on the wall been magic mirror . pepper pigs creators clearly thought it was mirror mirror. go to 2:17 seconds in it even has subtitles.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

I always thought wales was at the side of England . I'm from England so its pretty strange.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join