It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perpetual motion machine idea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It's a mason jar with 2 holes in the lid where straws are placed, one just long enough to reach the reservoir. one very long extending almost the entire length of the mason jar. , then the inside is filled with water almost full. The straws go into a water reservoir below, as the gravity forces to water to flow down the short straw suction forces water to be pulled up via the tall straw. The mason jar is upside down.

The jar may even need to be full of water but the flow I think might be able to move amagnet and create electricity. It is supposed to work off the power of gravity.
edit on 26-5-2016 by SpecialSauce because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SpecialSauce
I have seen similar on Youtube. Please give us an example that works. Even a outube video.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The forces will balance out. Gravity will pull water down both straws. That will create a vacuum in the mason jar which will eventually balance the force of gravity.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
No idea if it could work or not, I just wanted to mention that my physics teacher told me that something could not be considered a perpetual motion machine if it could not run perpetually. In other words nothing should wear out, like straws for example.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
The forces will balance out. Gravity will pull water down both straws. That will create a vacuum in the mason jar which will eventually balance the force of gravity.

Just my opinion, but I don't think anything would happen at all. If you built the jar as described, there would be no initial "force" present to start the cycle. No water would leave the jar, and no water would enter.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Perpetual motion machine

Please check definition
Perpetual motion

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SpecialSauce
In the time it took you to write that you could have built it instead to find out if it works.

Have you tried to build it to see if there is any flow?

top topics

join