It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7-year-old stands up to 2 armed robbers at GameStop store in Maryland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
This youngster deserves some form of praise or reward! How many adults show this kind of courage?

The video, released by police on Wednesday, shows brief glimpses of the mother and father, who quickly disappear from view.

"He pointed the gun and said get on the floor, then he pushed us on the floor," the father recalls.

Just 10 feet away, the youngster fought back, with a flurry of punches.

"He's a brave little boy, and he recognized he was in a dangerous situation," the father says. "And there was a stranger and he was trying to defend himself."

Source

You go little man!

edit on 26-5-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
He was brave, nice vid.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Brave yep, kudos to the young man, but it could have gone horribly wrong. I am very glad it didn't for everyone's sake.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Brave yep, kudos to the young man, but it could have gone horribly wrong. I am very glad it didn't for everyone's sake.

Cheers - Dave

Yep! It could have gone very wrong indeed! I am not advocating for children to do this, however I think many adults who would prefer to whine about being victims have a lot to learn from this youngster!

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

What kind of wanna-be criminal robs a video game store? I suspect their next 'boost' will be at this place:

edit on 5262016 by seattlerat because: my spilling sugs

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Where I'm from, this happens quite a bit. I guess people will rob anything.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

In Seattle they dont rob stores because that would be enforced by the law. In Seattle they just rob houses unabated.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

What kind of wanna-be criminal robs a video game store? I suspect their next 'boost' will be at this place:

I thought the same thing then I considered the possibility that maybe it was on a day when a very popular game dropped. Certain games draw gamers in droves. If that is the case it could possibly be a big score. Thank goodness that even most criminals have a soft spot for kids and don't cross that line.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Does a game store even have any money lol, about a week ago near here some fool tried to rob a post office. A POST OFFICE!, #1 a post office probably has even less money than I do, and #2 Federal offense.
i keep thinking of that scene in the movie Butch cassidy and the sundance kid when they were chased for days and nights non stop by a posse.Butch says to sundance " who are those guys!" it turns out those guys were postal inspectors,when butch and sundance blew up a train they destroyed U.S. mail.
edit on 26-5-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Everyone is calling this kid courageous and brave, but most of you would be calling him a dumba$$ if they were to kill him.. Sorry but attacking 2 armed robbers, unless you are armed and have an opportunity, is stupid.

iTruthSeeker

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Berserkers fear no death, feel no pain, and fight with no regard to their personal safety. Thought, for them, is action. He felt that he needed to act, and he did. Hopefully no one ever tries to tell him he was wrong, and he gets the support and training necessary to be able to turn those instincts into something he can really use. He has all the heart necessary to conquer any foe, so all he needs is technique.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Well. I don't know that my opinion will be liked by anyone but here's how this made me feel.

Angry. some what of an "awh that was cute, he wanted to defend himself" but more of a reminder that I need to make sure I raise my son to understand that at such a young age, he cannot take on an adult like that. He could have been shot, people don't give a F about any of our kids these days. When someone who is armed tells you to get on the ground (in this kind of a situation where the store is being robbed) you get on the ground, take cover, hide do what you have to do, to make sure you stay out of the way and don't get shot. ESPECIALLY when you are a young child. I'm not blaming anyone necessarily, this was just another reminder that we will make sure our son is realistic in his self defense.

This was a totally careless and really ignorant choice for that little boy. If it was me in that situation and my son did that I think my damn heart would have stopped.

Sorry if I have offended anyone, but my dad always raised me to keep myself safe in dangerous situations, certainly don't attack anyone UNLESS they are trying to take you from point A to point B. In that case you do what EVER you have to do, scream bite, gouge eyes out, etc...

As dad always said, If they are going to kill you, then fight at point A don't let them take you anywhere. IF they're going to kill you, they'll kill you right then and there where theres a chance for a witness or someone to hear you scream for help, but if they get you to point B they will certainly torture, harm, and murder you.

But in this case... it's like the employees are told, you don't fight if its not necessary, you give them the cash, and you keep your life and your job, if everything goes well. MOST robbers of this caliber are not out to murder anyone, they just want drug money. Sometimes even just money for their kids. I'm not justifying it, I'm just saying most cases they don't want to shoot you, and you shouldn't want to provoke them. I get that hes just a kid, but jesus jumped up christ that scared the hell out of me.

This thread just stressed me out hardcore.

-Alee

edit on 5/27/2016 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Am I seeing right? Is that a Hello Kitty themed store?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That was indeed a picture of the Sanrio store lol www.sanrio.com...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
That little guy was going to get his game and didn't give two #s about guns. Lmao

top topics

join