It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Asian Commercial Washes Black Guy Into An Asian guy #SJW

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I don't like the commercial at all but it's China... not my society.

My posts have to do with the made up legions of SJWs freaking out about it. They were no where to be found.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: neo96

I don't like the commercial at all but it's China... not my society.

My posts have to do with the made up legions of SJWs freaking out about it. They were no where to be found.

Various members have already demonstrated how the expected SJW response has been anything but "made up". Just because ATS's PC swarm has been quiet on the topic, does not mean the issue has not been addressed ferociously by SJWs elsewhere...

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Various members have already demonstrated how the expected SJW response has been anything but "made up".

Where has this been demonstrated? Link me to a post.

Just because ATS's PC swarm has been quiet on the topic, does not mean the issue has not been addressed ferociously by SJWs elsewhere...

ATS only has a handful of members posting on either side of this issue. It would be pretty silly to use ATS to judge by. I went to the two most viewed posts of the video on YouTube and scanned through the comments, not much in the way of ferocious SJWs there. I googled the title as requested... tons of headlines but few articles with comment sections and of those... nope, no flailing. I went to reddit... no legions of people screaming anything but what I've said.

Imagination and projection are powerful.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I can't believe I am actually dignifying your response when it is obvious your head is planted firmly in the sand on this issue, but here you go:

Member Winstonian
Post with link 1
Post with link 2

Member Sublimecraft
Post with link 1

Me
Post with link 1
Post with link 2

(Not only the articles themselves, but the comments sections of each as well.)

Still have doubts? Try one of these:
* Google search
* Twitter search
* Facebook search

(Keep in mind these pages scroll down to show even more outrage than initially loads on the page.)

If after being presented with all the above you truly believe there was no strong SJW response from this advert, then I'm afraid nobody can help you see the error of your ways.

edit on 31/5/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Mostly links to click-bit headlines. I suggest you yourself go to any of the comment sections where available (almost none of the links had comment sections) and tell us where the legions of SJWs are... I saw very few in comparison to all other posts.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

If after being presented with all the above you truly believe there was no strong SJW response from this advert, then I'm afraid nobody can help you see the error of your ways.

So what if there was a strong SJW response?

The error of your ways is thinking that this is a problem - or that somehow it's a problem for you

This is a completely made up issue trying to prove - what? That other people believe things and they choose to comment on it?

Same story coming and going

Hate to break it to you - you're a social justice warrior too. Should I link you back to some of your comments or threads?

Or are you not interested in social justice? You're just babbling completely arbitrarily - with no real cause in mind?

:-)

edit on 5/31/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

What I don't get is what's wrong in fighting for social justice ,yes we can have ppl that say dumb sheeshkabab and go over board not to mention mission creep, but it happens in any situation involving people, what some like to do is to take issue with ppl who took an issue they see as socially, morally , politically or economically bankrupt and brand them negatively, they did this with the term Liberal and so successful was the negative branding that it took yrs for those with a certain POV to shake it off and I for one never shied away from the branding but embraced it, I say screw-em if you have a certain POV some ppl like to brand negatively then dammit embrace it saying SFW? SWJ am I !!!

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

What I don't get is what's wrong in fighting for social justice

Nothing

Just ignore them

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
So what if there was a strong SJW response?

Well, the argument I and the other member are having is about whether there was or was not a strong SJW response. It was never about whether there ought to be a strong SJW response.

The error of your ways is thinking that this is a problem - or that somehow it's a problem for you

I don't have a problem with people campaigning for the attainment of equal rights and freedom. I just get annoyed when people who make mountains out of molehills flood social media (which I also use) with their desire to let everyone else know they were offended and that I should by extension be offended and join them in condemning those who offended them.

This is a completely made up issue trying to prove - what? That other people believe things and they choose to comment on it?

How is the issue made up? Ample evidence has been given that this pack social justice mentality is a reality. Just because you and others refuse to acknowledge it does not mean it does not exist.

Same story coming and going

Same pattern of behaviour displayed by SJWs, yes it seems.

Hate to break it to you - you're a social justice warrior too. Should I link you back to some of your comments or threads?

I'm not an SJW — I don't tend to boast about how I found something offensive and I don't try to shove my views down the throats of others. Furthermore, I don't flood any form of media with the intention of recruiting people to my cause or taking offence on behalf of others.

Maybe you should better research the history behind the acronym before you go about accusing others of being a SJW?

Or are you not interested in social justice? You're just babbling completely arbitrarily - with no real cause in mind?

There is an agenda to stifle freedom of speech and limit freedoms. Political correctness, which is driven largely by SJWs is one of the forefronts of this agenda. When I see this happening, I will encourage others to question whether they might see a similar pattern emerging themselves. Seems plenty of people agree with the author of this thread.

I notice you tend to end your replies with this smiley after making arrogant and condescending statements or when attempting to bait others into getting angry.
edit on 1/6/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Nothing wrong with social justice advocacy. Most reasonable people would agree that advocating equal rights for those whom are being oppressed or discriminated against is admirable.

Social Justice Advocate is not interchangeable with Social Justice Warrior.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Well, the argument I and the other member are having is about whether there was or was not a strong SJW response. It was never about whether there ought to be a strong SJW response.

It's sad that SJWs waste so much of their energy being offended. Imagine if they used that energy more productively?

I doubt most black people would even be offended by the advert. SJWs (which are made up in great numbers by white people) on the other hand...

To see people that make up minority groups offended is not funny, to see non-targeted people offended on their behalf is. That is one of the chief criticisms of SJWs: they take great offence on behalf of others that actually did suffer.

Edit: I'm not talking about acknowledging or supporting those who suffered, but being offended on their behalf is ridiculous.

So, not true

I don't have a problem with people campaigning for the attainment of equal rights and freedom. I just get annoyed when people who make mountains out of molehills flood social media (which I also use) with their desire to let everyone else know they were offended and that I should by extension be offended and join them in condemning those who offended them.

You do have a problem with it - all your posts are about how big a problem you have with it. You think it's up to you to decide what's important enough for people to speak about

Whether you are or not offended is your business. Full stop. It's not up to you to decide what other people should believe, think or feel. Kinda ironic - not? :-)

Same pattern of behaviour displayed by SJWs, yes it seems.

You didn't understand what I meant

I'm not an SJW — I don't tend to boast about how I found something offensive and I don't try to shove my views down the throats of others. Furthermore, I don't flood any form of media with the intention of recruiting people to my cause or taking offence on behalf of others.

That was boasting right there. You are here at ATS (media) trying to convince other people about things that you believe

Maybe you should better research the history behind the acronym before you go about accusing others of being a SJW?

So now you're some kind of scholar? It's self evident - you are a big ole SJW

There is an agenda to stifle freedom of speech and limit freedoms.

Yup. And it's hypocritical to pretend this is on only one side. Look in the mirror

I will encourage others to question whether they might see a similar pattern emerging themselves. Seems plenty of people agree with the author of this thread.

Well, if plenty of people agree - it must be a kind of movement. When you see plenty of people agree on other forms of media it's a problem - when it's about something you don't think is important. Funny

I notice you tend to end your replies with this smiley after making arrogant and condescending statements or when attempting to bait others into getting angry.

I tend to pepper my remarks with smileys because I'm having fun. I'm sure you don't notice the posts without smileys

I'm a pretty good-natured arguer. You think I'm arrogant because I don't agree with you

edit on 6/1/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Anybody that has been following this thread in its entirety will know my position, which while you may disagree with it, is still a reasonable one.

In your last reply, you purposely misconstrued my words to mean something they did not. I've witnessed your previous attempts to bait people into getting angry, which you are trying to succeed at doing with me.

Nice try, but I'm not that easy. You'll have to find another target.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I'm here to discuss - argue - debate

Whatever

If you don't get how this works - I can't help you

Seems to me that you want to be taken very, very seriously

But you know what? We all have things we think are important - whether it's just one of us at a time, or legions of us on social media. Which includes ATS

You are a social justice warrior. See it or don't - but if you mean to decide for other people what's worthy - or not worthy - according to you? How are you any different from them?

Meant to ask earlier - do you seriously believe that white people should have no opinion about how other people are treated? Should people of color have no voice in how you are treated?

Do you see them as being separate?

We're all in this together Dark Ghost

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I'm here to discuss - argue - debate

Whatever

If you don't get how this works - I can't help you

Fair enough. I am here mostly to learn from and connect with others.

Seems to me that you want to be taken very, very seriously

What gives you that idea? Because I am generally concise and lack humour? I don't usually come to ATS for entertainment. When I do, it is more appropriate to post humour — which shouldn't be confused with wit — in the relevant sections of this website.

But you know what? We all have things we think are important - whether it's just one of us at a time, or legions of us on social media. Which includes ATS

Agreed.

You are a social justice warrior. See it or don't - but if you mean to decide for other people what's worthy - or not worthy - according to you? How are you any different from them?

And this is where my replies have been misconstrued. I didn't decide for others what is worthy for them. I merely offered an observation according to my own experiences. I tried to give advice.

You don't need to be a scholar to research the origins of the term SJW and how it has evolved over the relatively short period it has been in existence.

Meant to ask earlier - do you seriously believe that white people should have no opinion about how other people are treated? Should people of color have no voice in how you are treated?

Again, you are misconstruing what I said. I didn't say nor imply that white people should have no opinion about how other people are treated, or the inverse. What I have implied in the past is that it is counter-productive for people to actively take offence to something that was not directed at them or the group they identify with. If those who were the target of the comments are offended, it is nice to be able to empathise with their feelings, but to be offended as though you were the victim is silly in my opinion.

Do you see them as being separate?

To be honest, I'm not sure what specifically you are asking here. Maybe you can clarify?

We're all in this together Dark Ghost

Sometimes I wonder.

edit on 1/6/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Now that's what I'm talking about

But - I have to leave

Back with a real reply laterish...

(un-arrogant, friendly smiley_)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I was reading your post again just now. You don't see yourself as a SJW - but then, why bother criticizing them? What's the point?

What really interests me is this:

Again, you are misconstruing what I said. I didn't say nor imply that white people should have no opinion about how other people are treated, or the inverse. What I have implied in the past is that it is counter-productive for people to actively take offence to something that was not directed at them or the group they identify with. If those who were the target of the comments are offended, it is nice to be able to empathise with their feelings, but to be offended as though you were the victim is silly in my opinion.

You might see it as silly, but how are people supposed to empathize without being offended?

Some people see people as people. If I see someone treating another person badly - should I just keep to myself and observe because that person is not me?

This idea that nobody should ever be offended. It's ridiculous
edit on 6/1/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I was reading your post again just now. You don't see yourself as a SJW - but then, why bother criticizing them? What's the point?

Does anything you or I do carry any significance in the grand functioning of the universe and beyond? I doubt so, so yes there is no real point in criticising SJWs, but then it can be argued that there is no point in anything. Existential nihilism is a fascinating topic, but it's not for this thread.

What really interests me is this:

You might see it as silly, but how are people supposed to empathize without being offended?

If person A says something mean to person B, it makes no sense for person C to take direct offence at what person B said to person A. It is good that person C can try to understand how person A feels and feel compassion for the offence that took place, but person C should not own the offence in the same way that person A does.

Some people see people as people. If I see someone treating another person badly - should I just keep to myself and observe because that person is not me?

I'm no moral authority so I don't know the answer to that question. Maybe follow your conscience is the best advice?

This idea that nobody should ever be offended. It's ridiculous

Yes, and that is NOT what my argument has been. My argument is that being offended on behalf of others is a waste of one's own energy — that does not mean one cannot support and stand up for the actual target of the offence, but rather don't own that offence when you were not the target of it.

I myself have been offended in RL at different points in my life. The difference is that I have spoken privately with the perpetrator in each case and put forth my concerns, and usually this has resulted in a happy outcome. The people that know me and were aware of the incidents came to me privately to ask if everything was alright. They didn't start a campaign on social media trying to demonise the perpetrator or make me out to be some victim that needed humanity's aid.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I don't believe in segregated compassion Dark Ghost

I'll ally myself wherever I want to - however I want to - to whoever I feel has been wronged

We are all in this together - together being the more important word right there

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I don't believe in segregated compassion Dark Ghost

But surely there are different degrees of which to express compassion? For example, do you feel the same level of compassion for somebody who just had their toe run over by a car as you would somebody who just lost their parents in a tragic fire? Positive qualities like compassion and empathy are not limitless, and we cannot show them equally in all situations all the time.

I'll ally myself wherever I want to - however I want to - to whoever I feel has been wronged

Do as you wish, just remember you cannot expect of others what you expect of yourself...

We are all in this together - together being the more important word right there

Are "haters" also included in your utopian vision?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

China's government is extremely authoritarian.
They have friendly,hard-working, pro-family people. Just their government is 200 times more authoritarian than ours.
I guess the detergent company feels threatened by African Americans marrying their women.

Hahaha!

We'll marry them anyway.

Hahahaha!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join