It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen King Joins Hundreds of Authors in Open Letter Blasting Trump

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Apparently the measure of moral authority is to favour peace over war, equality over inequality, general empathy, etc., all of which can be performed without leaving the comfort of an easy-chair. It's the exact same as doing nothing.

Voting, speaking out, spreading ideas, showing support for peace, equality, fairness... that's not nothing.
edit on 26-5-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Your over simplification here is ridiculous. Should we have any borders then? Should we ever go to war?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
All I read was "blah blah blah I love regurgitating propaganda blah blah I'm Stephen King blah blah never Trump"

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Your over simplification here is ridiculous. Should we have any borders then? Should we ever go to war?

War. Actually, very rarely should we ever go to war. If we really want to ask ourselves when it's appropriate to gather a bunch of kids together to go commit mass murder in another country--- I would say VERY rarely should we go with that option.

Borders... I got no problems with borders.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
All I read was "blah blah blah I love regurgitating propaganda blah blah I'm Stephen King blah blah never Trump"

It's baffling how many people really don't give a F that Trump says the things he says. Republicans have been slipping further and further down the toilet. They are so not American. They don't want the melting pot, they don't want the equality, they don't want to be the moral authority, that inspiring beacon of goodness and hope. They just like the branding. The stars and stripes. That's it. None of the message. They don't even want to be united anymore.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

So all the smart people dislike Trump? Telling. This is a big slap in the face to Trump and his supporters.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy

So all the smart people dislike Trump? Telling. This is a big slap in the face to Trump and his supporters.

Every person I know who supports Trump has this rough attitude of "who cares, they deserve it" or some kind of racial bias, or general lack of empathy, or really ignorant. So yeah, if a person votes Trump, my guess is they fit in there somewhere.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

The last thing you'd want to do is read, comprehend, and think. Derp.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy

Tough love?

Perhaps this is a call to pull-up their bootstraps.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Borders!!! How dare you, claiming just because a person wasn't born in this country they don't deserve to live here!!!!

Just remember, anyone who has more compassion for the people not born here are morally superior to you.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Borders!!! How dare you, claiming just because a person wasn't born in this country they don't deserve to live here!!!!

How does an acceptance of borders mean you should only live where you're born? Are we talking giant walls or mass deportation because nobody is arguing borders.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Do you feel that we have the right to defend our borders an control immigration, or should anyone who wants to live here be allowed?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I know only one person who is open and outspoken about voting for Trump. This person is the most unfriendly, arrogant, psychotic, and coldest person I know. I'm not putting that on all Trump people because my experience with them is here and this one person in my regular life, but wow...not impressed with this group up to this point.

I also know only one person in my life who is open and outspoken about voting for Hillary Clinton. He's nice albeit naive.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Do you feel that we have the right to defend our borders an control immigration, or should anyone who wants to live here be allowed?

Every country in the world agrees with defending borders. Nobody is arguing against defending borders. So, get to the checkmate part-- because if the next question is "So should we build a giant wall" or "should we go and round up 11 million illegals, no matter how peaceful or productive they are, and deport them" THAT is where the argument is.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Awesome!!

Im not sure if hes on the list, but George RR Martin, the creator of A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) is an outspoken democrat, anti trump, donates to many liberal causes, and has been known to bash "republicans and their teabagger allies".

George on voter supression. "The people behind these efforts at disenfranchising large groups of voters (the young, the old, the brown), are not republicans, since clearly they have scant regard for our republic or its values. They are oligarchs and racists clad in the skins of dead elephants."

edit on 26-5-2016 by LordSnow21 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2016 by LordSnow21 because: added quote

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So...

It's invalid because it doesn't support your chosen view on reality?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

No the argument is you show less compassion than people that believe in totally open borders. Therefore they are morally superior to you.

link   
Dbl
edit on 26-5-2016 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

link   
Dbl

link   
Dbl

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join