It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen King Joins Hundreds of Authors in Open Letter Blasting Trump

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

How about you help stay on topic?

Now, you may have a point about intellectuals ...

To whom was this snark aimed?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Nobody is taking away anyone's voice. He was just elected as the Rep. primary winner. So clearly nobody is stopping anyone from anything are they??? No.

What some of us are doing is pointing out that you must be dense as hell not to have noticed the problems with the guy keep praising like the new messiah.

You keep telling yourselves that you're being silenced. You're like some of the Evangelicals screaming about being persecuted even though nothing is happening to them other than what they imagine in their heads.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Btw there’s nobody on this forum who has got in Obama’s case over ISIS than me

Or his wimpy drone war

Why do people always bring up x to debate y…I don’t know...without even knowing what you’re view of that subject is.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Clearly you have not read my pist. I admit bush did what I thought were war crimes and I was against them, along with the majority of the left wing biased entertainment industry. Then Obama did them, and the vocal entertainment industry was silent BECAUSE DEMOCRATS DID IT!!!! This is not saying only democrats commit war crimes, it is saying people like these authors are biased and overlook when there side (democrats) does it.

This is directly responsive to the thread. Go back and re-read my pists, I have said repeatedly what I think of these authors and trump.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Did anyone bother reading through the list?

Practically everyone on it is a hack.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yes I do. I think he's yet another American Leader practicing what amounts to acts of terrorism in the middle east by continuing his drone bombing of innocent people.

All the more reason I don't want a guy like Trump in there who'd bomb someone just for saying he's really not worth 10 billion dollars or that said he has a small wee wee!!

If I'm able to see the down side in both of them why can't you??

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

All the more reason I don't want a guy like Trump in there who'd bomb someone just for saying he's really not worth 10 billion dollars or that said he has a small wee wee!!

I laughed my ass off at this.

Well played.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Who said I can't? For the millionth time I am not voting for trump!!! I am pointing out the hypocrisy of the entertainment industry and people like these authors.

I applaud you for pointing out flaws on all sides no matter what your beliefs. If you would like look at my post history I also like to think I call out all sides. Btw, who are you voting for?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I'm not trying to tell anyone how to vote. I'm trying to find out why Trump Supporters can't or won't see the major problems in electing Trump. Sorry if I confused you with a Trump Supporter. We haven't talked that much yet.

I'm not voting. I'm done with it. It all makes me sick.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

No by your side I mean democrats. Almost all of the entertainment industry that shouted down bush as a war criminal have been silent about Obama's war crimes, and even worse most praise him because he is, like them, a democrat.

I don't think that's what going on with Obama. It's not about supporting 'your side'. It's about Barracuda vs Shark. In Jaws, that great line "Someone yells Barracuda and people say huh, what? But you yell Shark... now we got a panic on our hands."

Bush: 9/11, Homeland Security, Patriot Act. Iraq, WMDs, Torture. Big huge events with massive innocent death, clear huge Big Brother policies, clear deception, clear war crimes. SHARK SHARK SHARK.

Obama: Yemen... Healthcare.... Benghazi.... Barracuda... huh, what?

edit on 26-5-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

I disagree, but even if you are right its disgusting. So illegal wars are ok so long as they are not as bad as the last persons? If that's the case, then I do not put any value in these people's future comments.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

You must be speaking about someone else. Check my post history. I have done nothing to support Trump. I am absolutely against Hillary getting to move into any place besides a prison cell.

As far as the letter, it was addressed to the people, specifically to those who likely have not made their choice as of yet. He also indirectly speaks to those who voted for Trump, IMO.

Not that he cares, but I won't buy any more of his work.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

All of those reasons for opposing Donald Trump lack any reasonable sense, don't have much if anything to do with Trump, and are so vague they have me questioning their writing ability. This is a charade at best.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I disagree, but even if you are right its disgusting. So illegal wars are ok so long as they are not as bad as the last persons? If that's the case, then I do not put any value in these people's future comments.

No, but the people now screaming barracuda yawned when the whole world was screaming shark. So you can't take them seriously.

it may be disgusting but Republicans have forfeited their right to have any moral high ground to stand on or any platform to point fingers.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

So neither side has a moral authority, I can agree with that.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

So neither side has a moral authority, I can agree with that.

I would say if there is a voting side that tends to favor peace over war or equality over inequality, or compassion for those who struggle, or general empathy--- that would imply a moral authority.

Which shouldn't be a problem, because the other side tends to be "F what's right, let's care only about ourselves"

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

See this is exactly what I am criticizing! You admit the dems lied and did bad things, but they still are more moral. This is a joke.

As far as compassion, only for the people they like. Where is the compassion for people who have negatively affected by illegal immigration or compassion for people that have had property damaged by blm. This is a faux moral superiority that is disgusting.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
the Trump supporters are so far down the rabbit hole, Trump could shoot paul ryan dead in the street and they would cheer

they are so emotionally invested, no logic or reason will sway them

its really lame
edit on 26-5-2016 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/26/2016 by eriktheawful because: Edited Political Name Change

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

See this is exactly what I am criticizing! You admit the dems lied and did bad things, but they still are more moral. This is a joke.

As far as compassion, only for the people they like. Where is the compassion for people who have negatively affected by illegal immigration or compassion for people that have had property damaged by blm. This is a faux moral superiority that is disgusting.

Apparently the measure of moral authority is to favour peace over war, equality over inequality, general empathy, etc., all of which can be performed without leaving the comfort of an easy-chair. It's the exact same as doing nothing, and doing nothing is not morality. Of course, further analysis proves Republicans to be some of the most charitable people in the world.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Dude, ALL politicians lie. ALL. But people listen to the ideas from both sides and they choose which idea speaks to their heart-- and that's where the moral authority comes in. Equality. Moral Authority. NOT torturing people. Moral authority. Not massively deporting entire families when a path to legalization is possible. Moral authority. Heart. Empathy. Caring. You won't find that on the other side. They will vote EVERY F-ING time for whichever argument hurts people or keeps things unfair for the less privileged. EVERY F-ING TIME.

I can honestly say I have compassion for anyone hurt by illegal immigration or property damage. But that doesn't mean I don't also have compassion for BLM or illegal immigrants. Compassion all around.

Torture, murdering innocent families, mass deportation for families, discrimination based on race, sex, gender--- that's a complete void of moral authority.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join