It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen King Joins Hundreds of Authors in Open Letter Blasting Trump

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Willtell

I thought the disabled thing was over the line l, the rest is in bad taste but didn't offend me.

You weren't offended when he said John McCain wasn't a war hero, cuz he got caught captured. He was a "loser"?

He was an American Soldier that spent over two years in a Vietnamese Prison camp being tortured...Something Trump also advocates.

I don't even like McCain and that deeply offended me...

You OK with a guy who says that as the Commander and Chief of our armed forces?

John McCain is a loser! Take a look at his performance while he was in the military! If it wasn't for his daddy, he would have been tossed out on his ass in a blink!
Not to mention his performance as a Republican Senator! McCain is a warmonger who is using his military background to cater to the military industrial lobbyists!

There ya go! I bashed a Republican!

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Isn't this discussion about Trump some published critiques about him and not Obama?

I feel like a George Bush supporter in 2008? Isn't it time to stop the obsession with Mr. Obama?

And discuss Mr. Trump?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I thought the disabled thing was over the line l, the rest is in bad taste but didn't offend me.

You weren't offended when he said John McCain wasn't a war hero, cuz he got caught captured. He was a "loser"?

He was an American Soldier that spent over two years in a Vietnamese Prison camp being tortured...Something Trump also advocates.

John McCain is a loser! Take a look at his performance while he was in the military! If it wasn't for his daddy, he would have been tossed out on his ass in a blink!
Not to mention his performance as a Republican Senator! McCain is a warmonger who is using his military background to cater to the military industrial lobbyists!

How much time have you spent as a prisoner of war?

That might be relevant to your critique.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

And it is a third thing to be like these authors and the people in the entertainment industry to get deceived into war crimes and then be silent or defend them because your side did it.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

And it is a third thing to be like these authors and the people in the entertainment industry to get deceived into war crimes and then be silent or defend them because your side did it.

Your side ... you mean, Americans?

Was it only "authors and entertainers" that have been tricked into war crimes? Think about that contention for a moment.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
People should just say "I'm an artist" or "I'm an intellectual".

No need to say their opinions on Trump, it's obvious where they stand.
edit on 26-5-2016 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Ah but that's the illusion. There aren't really two sides. The Media and our entrenched politicians would like you to think there are two sides but that's the whole problem with America. Sanders understands this and became a democrat for the primary to get his name out. I'm convinced that Trump did the same thing. He's not really any more of a Republican than Hillary is.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

No Obama is worse because he duped people. I disagree with trumps torture policies but at least he is open about it.

At least he's open about being Pro-Torture???? Well, ya. That's makes ok?!?!?!?

"Gee you're honor, at least I told the lady I was gonna rape her before I did it. Now I'm the bad guy all of a sudden??"

I think maybe you're getting duped again by the sound of it pal.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

For that I respect his service. However, since then he has done nothing to define himself as an honorable man. I usually refer to him as "The God of War".

Like I said, look at his history in the military other than his prisoner of war status and you will see he is far from a model soldier.

link   

originally posted by: theMediator
People should just say "I'm an artist" or "I'm an intellectual"...no need to say their opinions on Trump, it's obvious where they stand.

Nah.

Celebrities supporting Trump (and other Republcian Candidates)

21 Celebrities Who Support Trump

Etc. Etc.

Now, you may have a point about intellectuals ...
edit on 26-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

No by your side I mean democrats. Almost all of the entertainment industry that shouted down bush as a war criminal have been silent about Obama's war crimes, and even worse most praise him because he is, like them, a democrat.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

For that I respect his service. However, since then he has done nothing to define himself as an honorable man. I usually refer to him as "The God of War".

Like I said, look at his history in the military other than his prisoner of war status and you will see he is far from a model soldier.

I have.

No one is perfect.

Still, I think that it's a bit ... hypocritical ... to call any of our veterans "losers" ...

link   
a reply to: Indigo5

The Donald rose to the lead because it's the will of THE PEOPLE, some of which will no longer support Stephen King's paycheck for having done this.

I don't care for Trump but I believe in the people having a voice, even if that voice is, unfortunately, screaming "TRUMP!"

to Stephen King

link   

Trump said to kill terrorists relatives and you are furious. Ok that's your right. But Obama actually does kill them and you have nothing to say.

I’m hardly furious about it.

I imagine then we should arrest the relatives of criminals?
Right

Execute a murderer’s mother and father?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

It is dishonorable to speak ill of any veteran for his service of his or her country.

link   

No by your side I mean democrats. Almost all of the entertainment industry that shouted down bush as a war criminal have been silent about Obama's war crimes, and even worse most praise him because he is, like them, a democrat.

LOL ... Democrats are the only ones responsible for war crimes? Okay.

That's an interesting off-topic matter, indeed.

(What do you think about Mr. Trump and the comments that the Writers made about his Candidacy?)

link   
a reply to: Indigo5

These writers are also "articulating how stupid they really are by having sat on their own asses for the last 8 years while the greatest "divider" of them all, Obama has done more to actually divide the country, and even many parts of the worlds global condition.
To say nothing of stripping liberties and freedom away as fast as possible.

But yeah, lets listen to them complain about Donald Trump who hasn't come close to Obama in all the very same things they are saying.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

And so you have been criticizing Obama's war crimes right? I disagree with trumps torture policies but I know where he stands, and can chose to not vote for him (which again I am voting for Gary Johnson). Obama claimed to be a man of oeace, and yet went on to be a war monger. He is a liar. This is worse because he led people to believe he was for peace.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

It is dishonorable to speak ill of any veteran for his service of his or her country.

That may be the first time you and I have agreed on anything Newz.

Gloryosky.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I despise McCain's politics, but he does deserve respect for his service and Trump is not above denigrating someone for their service.

That is very telling about the man.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join