It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen King Joins Hundreds of Authors in Open Letter Blasting Trump

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: seeker1963

a reply to: Indigo5

"elite" is code word for anyone that disagrees with the far right.

BS! You just made that up didn't you? Because when the Progressives bitch about the one percent, just who would that 1% be?

The elite maybe?

No...the 1% is the 1%...the Navy Seals are "Elite"...

Never assigned anyone worth of character or intelligence based on the size of their wallet, where they went to school etc....I have met plenty of Millionaires that are as dumb as rocks.

k

Next time I see you bitching about the evil 1%, I will take it you mean the Navy Seals.....

I have never called the 1% evil? Nor referred to them as "elite"..

Wealthy people come in all flavors and forms..honest and corrupt, smart and stupid..

The system is definitely skewed to benefit those who can pay for their politicians though and that is a problem for all of us IMO.

Wondering if you are going to discuss the actual OP?

All of my statements still stand.

I guess...but they stand as factually false...take all the time with the search feature you like...never referred to the 1% as either "evil" nor "elite"...maybe you would do better discussing the topic than inventing opinions of mine?

There you go again!

Let's see if you can keep yourself from having the last word, shall we?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Nope you made the claim so put up or shut up.

I don't engage in that song and dance. Trump Supporters have no interest in truth. If you don't think there's any evidence of him encouraging violence or aggression, you need to start educating yourself.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

"elite" is code word for anyone that disagrees with the far right.

BS! You just made that up didn't you? Because when the Progressives bitch about the one percent, just who would that 1% be?

The elite maybe?

No...the 1% is the 1%...the Navy Seals are "Elite"...

Never assigned anyone worth of character or intelligence based on the size of their wallet, where they went to school etc....I have met plenty of Millionaires that are as dumb as rocks.

k

Next time I see you bitching about the evil 1%, I will take it you mean the Navy Seals.....

Well, that's one way to take someone's words out of context.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

Nope you made the claim so put up or shut up.

I don't engage in that song and dance. Trump Supporters have no interest in truth. If you don't think there's any evidence of him encouraging violence or aggression, you need to start educating yourself.

The same sorry excuse from the left make some lies and when called out use the excuse educate yourself, I thought you called all trump supporters dumbeffs so I need your help in educating me.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I need your help in educating me.

If you insist... See if you can find the encouragement of violence and aggression in the Trump quotes below:

"He's walking out like big high fives, smiling, laughing-- I'd like to punch him in the face, I'll tell ya."

"Am I allowed to rip that whistle out of the mouth? I'd love to rip that whistle."

"In the good old days, they'd rip him out of that seat so fast, but today everybody's politically correct. Our country's going to hell with being politically correct."

"Get him out. Try not to hurt him. If you do, I'll defend you in court, don't worry about it."

"We had four guys, they jumped on him, they were swinging and swinging... The next day we got killed in the press... that we were too rough. Give me a break. We don't want to be too politically correct anymore, right folks?"

"We had some people, some rough guys like we have right in here, and they started punching back. It was a beautiful thing."

"In the good old days this doesn't happen because they used to treat them very, very rough. And when they protested once... they would not do it again so easily. But today they walk in, and they put the wrong finger up at everyone, and they get away with murder because we've become weak. We've become weak."

"You know, part of the problem, and part of the reason it takes so long is, nobody wants to hurt each other anymore... And they're being politically correct the way they take them out. So it takes a little bit longer. And honestly, protesters realize it. They realize there are no consequences to protesting anymore. There used to be consequences. There are none anymore."

"Our country has to toughen up, folks. We have to toughen up. These people are bringing us down. Remember that. They're bringing us down. ...These people are so bad for our country, you have no idea, folks, you have no idea. They contribute nothing. Nothing."

"These are not good people, folks.... These are not good people.... These are not good people. These are not the people that made our country great. But we're going to make it great again, but these are not the people. These are the people that are destroying our country."

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

You havea problem with the word elite? How about out of touch self righteous wealthy hypocritical scrum bags?

They are entitled to their opinion, that's fine. But what sets them apart is the smug moral high ground they take. We get it, they are better than us. It's not just that they disagree with us, it's that they are more moral. They know that if we disagree with them we are being fearful racists.

Yet they are all living in their mansions away from all of us peons.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Forgot about what those that run our country do with our military. Police and control the world. What's new in all of this.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Oh look a letter written by a bunch of indoctrinated academics...
I stopped reading when he referred to America as a "democracy". I don't have time for people who don't even know the type of system we reside...

But we do live in a democracy. It's not a pure democracy but a representative democracy all the same. And in smaller local, county and state elections it is a direct democracy, where 1 vote equals 1 vote and you get elected if you get more votes than the other person. Technically we vote for who the president is...that's kind of sort of a definition of a democracy even if we do it via the electoral college and we're actually a republic. We shouldn't have this type of grammer nazi argument here on ATS, because it gets in the way of what we're really talking about. We're talking about a group of well educated, pretty intelligent writers signing a letter telling us why we shouldn't vote for Trump. And having a nice discussion of whether every writer, poet, actor artist and musician in the world is a commie leftist and wondering why that is and if Stephen King is an elitist one percenter under the direct control of the illuminati, Bildergergers and why THEY don't want trump over Hillary etc. LOL

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

How about some links and not some quotes from who knows where.

(post by spiritualzombie removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

You havea problem with the word elite? How about out of touch self righteous wealthy hypocritical scrum bags?

They are entitled to their opinion, that's fine. But what sets them apart is the smug moral high ground they take. We get it, they are better than us. It's not just that they disagree with us, it's that they are more moral. They know that if we disagree with them we are being fearful racists.

But that begs the questions...1. Is everyone who's rich evil and elite and smug? 2. Are all writers commies? 3. If a rich person disagrees with a poor person, why does that automatically make the rich person wrong? 4. should we not aspire to become wealthy or as wealthy as we can so that we can have a nice house, take care of our families and have a little bit of financial freedom?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

How about some links and not some quotes from who knows where.

Go F yourself.

OH you poor thing how tolerant of you.

Triggered!

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=20776916]thesaneone[/post

OH you poor thing how tolerant of you.

Triggered!

Yes, I have a severe intolerance of the willfully ignorant.
edit on 26-5-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Some of that makes me want to puke.

A bunch people with limited celebrity status try to use that status to sway public opinion.

My favourite part is where they suggest he appeals to the violent people yet all we are seeing is democrats and their true colors as they're attacking those who disagree and support him. Kind of scary to watch people resort to violence once they feel threatened to lose control.

I'd support trump just over the wall idea. I'm sick of seeing the white English being being crippled by immigration and multiculturalism. Things felt multicultural 15-20 years ago. Now it seems more like those minorities are desperate to get control and dictate our countries. I'd vote for anyone who wants to put a stop to this multiculturalism crap. It feels more like a gentle take over than just people of different backgrounds coming together. Just look at the type of stuff that's happened during the presidency of the first African president.

Universal health care rammed down everyone's throat.
Legalizing gay marriage
Legalizing drugs
Guys who want to pretend to be girls should be allowed to watch your daughters in the bathroom. Basically Legalizing peeping toms.

I'm not American but I wish I were. America is supposed to be the role model of earth as the super power. Where I am I've been having my life attacked and offended so minorities can get what they want and I'm sick of it.

Thank you for reading my opinion

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Orangutangman

This..." ... I'm sick of seeing the white English being being crippled by immigration and multiculturalism. Things felt multicultural 15-20 years ago. Now it seems more like those minorities are desperate to get control and dictate our countries. I'd vote for anyone who wants to put a stop to this multiculturalism crap...."

I live in American and I'm a white male and haven't been crippled or hurt by multiculturalism. I don't take crap from anyone and teach self defense and love to fight. LOL But...It's just not like that here. I don't speak Spanish, nor do I have to. I don't abide by any Sharia Law lunatics nor will I ever. I love multiculturalism and traveling to other countries and trying new foods, and learning new languages-or a few words in them here and there! Watching foreign films...I've never had anything rammed down my throat. NO problems here in the US> I'm sorry if your country has been taken over by some other country, but that won't happen in the US> We don't let that happen here. Grow a backbone. ay? Stand up for yourselves. Remember it's better to die on your feet then live on your knees.

Oh and one more thing about that wall. Quite a few interviews and articles around, but if you ask a US border patrol agent if he wants a wall? He'll say the first thing he wants is upgraded equipment and vehicles, drones some technology upgrades, and a few more agents.

edit on 26-5-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

That modified definition might help me understand you more if it did not precisely apply to Donald Trump?

On the above...everyone chooses the ground they plant their flag upon..if you find your ground indefensible, then perhaps consider moving to higher ground.

As for morals....I have always abided by Crosby Stills and Nash..
You, who are on the road must have a code that you can live by.
And so become yourself because the past is just a good bye.

All that said...that resentment you voice is the resentment Trump taps into...so it is real.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I have no problem with the wealthy at all. My problem is the moral superiority of these people towards people that have to deal with real problems. Wealthy folks are entitled to any opinion, but I am tired of these wealthy people who feel they are smarter and more moral than the rest of us.

Of course they do not use a politics based on fear, they don't have to fear illegalsdriving their wages down or people that don't want to assimilate taking over their neighborhood. They criticize us to be all inclusive while living in gated communities.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

a reply to: amazing

I have no problem with the wealthy at all. My problem is the moral superiority of these people towards people that have to deal with real problems. Wealthy folks are entitled to any opinion, but I am tired of these wealthy people who feel they are smarter and more moral than the rest of us.

You do realize these are authors? Hardly a career path of prosperity for the vast majority of them.

And I am still unclear how a candidate with unprecedented helpings of wealth and arrogance becomes the solution to those ills?
edit on 26-5-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

link   
They're right and that's why it hurts the trump supporters so much.

There're a few stages to truth:
1) Ridicule/denial
2) Violent opposition/denial
3) Surrender; it becomes self-evident

The fact Trump wants to deport all illegal immigrants can only mean one thing: he wants to issue a Hitler-esque declaration and door to door search. Millions of illegals can't be easily moved around so some of them will have to be sheltered. Like a camp. And then he wants to build a wall to keep the nation safe from them. This is not a fictional book, it's reality. HItler is alive.
edit on 5/26/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

link   

you just described trump. what makes him so different?

trump is using you...

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join