It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen King Joins Hundreds of Authors in Open Letter Blasting Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Indigo5

I hate these elites, and I think the average person is getting fed up with these smug, self righteous hypocrites.

"elite" is code word for anyone that disagrees with the far right.

I have yet to see it defined unemotionally...and the emotional context is always emotional-political.

This list of authors includes liberals, conservatives, recluses, celebrities and non-celebrities...

The "elite" moniker is tired and frankly silly way to skirt the topic.

Is Trump elite?

He is an author? He is wealthy? He attended ivory league schools?

Tell me...what is the dreaded "elite"?
edit on 26-5-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
The question is why should anyone care what some addict has to say about anyone else when they need to worry about themselves first.

#whocares

Rush Limbaugh was not on the list of authors?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

BS! You just made that up didn't you? Because when the Progressives bitch about the one percent, just who would that 1% be?

The elite maybe?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
How many of these authors have written violent material or plots that others have used violently against others.

Are they very careful with their words?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

BS! You just made that up didn't you? Because when the Progressives bitch about the one percent, just who would that 1% be?

The elite maybe?

No...the 1% is the 1%...the Navy Seals are "Elite"...

Never assigned anyone worth of character or intelligence based on the size of their wallet, where they went to school etc....I have met plenty of Millionaires that are as dumb as rocks.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I think these people need to publish their tax returns so others can determine their sincerity.

Hypocrites don't always tell the whole story do they.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

The elite maybe?

Never assigned anyone worth of character or intelligence based on the size of their wallet, where they went to school etc....I have met plenty of Millionaires that are as dumb as rocks.

k

Next time I see you bitching about the evil 1%, I will take it you mean the Navy Seals.....

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Look I get it you like Trump

But he’s a very polarizing person

If you were a Muslim, a Mexican or a woman or a disabled person you might think differently

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
How many of these authors have written violent material or plots that others have used violently against others.

I am confused...Explain to me the difference between a book like The Shining and the Office of the President of The United States and I will get back to you on that one.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

The elite maybe?

k

Next time I see you bitching about the evil 1%, I will take it you mean the Navy Seals.....

I have never called the 1% evil? Nor referred to them as "elite"..

Wealthy people come in all flavors and forms..honest and corrupt, smart and stupid..

The system is definitely skewed to benefit those who can pay for their politicians though and that is a problem for all of us IMO.

Wondering if you are going to discuss the actual OP?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

You really have no idea do you? An author writing violence, versus a presidential candidate encouraging violence, acting like a bully, encouraging aggression.... You don't see it do you?

Good for the authors, good for the protestors. These dumb[snip] who have been b*tching about tyranny for the last 8 years are voting for a hateful authoritarian narcissist. Such dumb[snip]. Sorry, I know there are better words but I suspect these simple words best get across my disgust and the mega-stupidity displayed by Trump Supporters.

edit on 26-5-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

Mod edit: Snipped censor circumvention.
edit on 26/5/2016 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

You really have no idea do you? An author writing violence, versus a presidential candidate encouraging violence, acting like a bully, encouragin

Proof please.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

The elite maybe?

k

Wealthy people come in all flavors and forms..honest and corrupt, smart and stupid..

The system is definitely skewed to benefit those who can pay for their politicians though and that is a problem for all of us IMO.

You made the OP and you made the comment I addressed?

All of my statements still stand. Which did address your OP and were responses to things you brought into your OP!

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: interupt42

Look I get it you like Trump

No you don't . I have no bias with these bozos . I'm just stating that besides Hillary and Trump its pretty evident that Hollywood is also full of bozo.

Why as libertarian I would consider voting for Bernie Sanders

Trump jumps sides and in the end is all about trump. While I have little faith on Bernie, I have zero faith on Trump and the rest including Hillary.

If you were a Muslim, a Mexican or a woman or a disabled person you might think differently

I'm not religious, nor a women, or a Mexican, but I am Hispanic and like I said he is full of Sh1t but so are these idiot authors who overlook Hillary.

edit on 41531America/ChicagoThu, 26 May 2016 15:41:03 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Proof please.

Oh please. Go watch any of the debates. As if proof or facts or any kind of truth matters to a Trump Supporter.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Oh look a letter written by a bunch of indoctrinated academics...
I stopped reading when he referred to America as a "democracy". I don't have time for people who don't even know the type of system we reside...

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Nope you made the claim so put up or shut up.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

The elite maybe?

k

All of my statements still stand.

I guess...but they stand as factually false...take all the time with the search feature you like...never referred to the 1% as either "evil" nor "elite"...maybe you would do better discussing the topic than inventing opinions of mine?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Oh look a letter written by a bunch of indoctrinated academics...
I stopped reading when he referred to America as a "democracy". I don't have time for people who don't even know the type of system we reside...

You mean educated people of reason? And be truthful, you stopped reading as soon as you saw the title went against your fearless leader.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Nope you made the claim so put up or shut up.

This is true...and this is Trump..

Because the rise of a political candidate who deliberately appeals to the basest and most violent elements in society, who encourages aggression among his followers, shouts down opponents, intimidates dissenters, and denigrates women and minorities, demands, from each of us, an immediate and forceful response;

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join