It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen King Joins Hundreds of Authors in Open Letter Blasting Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

We don't need some group of authors (or other elites for that matter) to tell us how to feel or vote. We (the American People) are quite aware of what we are dealing with these days.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

originally posted by: seeker1963

Awesome! One more jagoff I will refuse to spend money on their product!

I love celebrities who think I give a damn about their opinions!

I never understood why celebrities think their opinion means anything about anything.

Said the loyal Trump supporter...

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

And where is the diversity and reasoned debate amongst this crowd? The entertainment industry is almost entirely leftist.

I am so tired of these know it all's like these people or George Clooney or any other elites telling us little people how our beliefs are base and bigotted. Of course they think wanting borders to be enforced is base, yet how many immigrants are they moving into their mansions?

This group protested Bush's war's (and I was with them) yet they are silent on the war crimes of obama. They are against divisiveness, yet cheer with Obama is celebrating blm or groups like la raza. They are for open debate, but I have not heard one of them speak up about conservative voices being shut down on campuses or the riots to stop trump from speaking.

I hate these elites, and I think the average person is getting fed up with these smug, self righteous hypocrites.

But how do you know that everyone who signed that letter is an Elite? And...how do you know that all of the people signing this letter are telling you that your beliefs are base and bigotted? And how do you know that all of the people that signed this letter are smug, self righteous hypocrites?

Maybe they all are but I want to know how you know so that I can look it up for myself. Oh, and by the way, if you actually read interviews and stuff with Stephen King, he's really not a smug, elite hater. Just sayin. He's actually a pretty good writer too.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Because the rise of a political candidate who deliberately appeals to the basest and most violent elements in society, who encourages aggression among his followers, shouts down opponents, intimidates dissenters, and denigrates women and minorities, demands, from each of us, an immediate and forceful response;

The above quote sounds like typical leftist these days. Mr. King obviously has not seen the violent leftist protestors at Trump rallies, the shouting down and intimidation of people with differing opinions by leftists on college campuses and other venues, the leftist support and excuse making for radical muslims who are the biggest oppressors of gays and women on the planet.

Nah... it is just Trump.

You can base all of that simply by what Trump says. But you may be one of those that think 'he doesn't really mean it! he is a businessman! He is an outsider!" etc, etc, etc It is selective hearing.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: interupt42

What makes you think I like Hillary?

The question and point still remains. Why haven't they come out against her?

I don't like trump but its ridiculous how biased Hollywood is and narrow minded they are. Enough so that they overlook their own party affiliation crap.

IMO I think Bernie is the best of the 3 bozo. However if he turns around and endorses Hillary than he is no better than the rest.

They haven’t come out against her because they don’t see her as the dam fool that they see Trump as.

Pretty simple

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Because the rise of a political candidate who deliberately appeals to the basest and most violent elements in society, who encourages aggression among his followers, shouts down opponents, intimidates dissenters, and denigrates women and minorities, demands, from each of us, an immediate and forceful response;

The comments in this letter remind me of how Trump and his approach to politics are similar to that of George Wallace.

If I am not mistaken, one of Wallace's former aides and his own daughter recognize the similarities.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

We don't need some group of authors (or other elites for that matter) to tell us how to feel or vote.

I didn't read any part of it as them telling anyone how to feel or vote...

They did what authors do..Give voice and words to sentiments.

Those words will resonate and ring true with some and provoke vitriol and bitterness in others.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

We don't need some group of authors (or other elites for that matter) to tell us how to feel or vote. We (the American People) are quite aware of what we are dealing with these days.

They are also able to voice their own opinion. Nothing in this letter states that they are telling you what to believe or how to vote.

They are simply using their first amendment right.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
As the Trump Campaign chalks up another 25,000 votes.

People are sick and tired of all these "professional" opinions.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Edumakated

The above quote sounds like typical leftist these days. Mr. King obviously has not seen the violent leftist protestors at Trump rallies, the shouting down and intimidation of people with differing opinions by leftists on college campuses and other venues, the leftist support and excuse making for radical muslims who are the biggest oppressors of gays and women on the planet.

Nah... it is just Trump.

You can base all of that simply by what Trump says. But you may be one of those that think 'he doesn't really mean it! he is a businessman! He is an outsider!" etc, etc, etc It is selective hearing.

What exactly has Trump said that is racist that hasn't been completely spun out of context? Be specific...

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

The comments in this letter remind me of how Trump and his approach to politics are similar to that of George Wallace.

If I am not mistaken, one of Wallace's former aides and his own daughter recognize the similarities.

I just watched the movie "LBJ All The Way". Though it is not a documentary, it clarified much for me. A lot of the language used then against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 is used by Trump and his followers. A lot of backwards language, stating the Act would put a burdeon on other's rights....is a mirror image of the present.
edit on 26-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Indigo5

Are they doing one for Hillary? She's (just as) evil. Probably not is my guess. Lesser of two evils, wot wot. 😔

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
As the Trump Campaign chalks up another 25,000 votes.

People are sick and tired of all these "professional" opinions.

Professional or unprofessional Trump is a universal Jack Ass

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
Indigo5

Are they doing one for Hillary? She's (just as) evil. Probably not is my guess. Lesser of two evils, wot wot. 😔

I guess they picked the worst one. I don;t believe she is just as evil. I don;t have an 'evil measurement calculator' on me, but Trump lacks the foreign policy knowledge she has. The UK was considering BANNING him. I am not a Hillary suporter either, but I can see the difference.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Here is a good piece if you want to read it. Provides a comparison of Trump and Wallace, and some contrast.

www.npr.org...

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
that letter makes trump look like yet another tayyip erdogan *chuckles*. still not impressed though, because one cannot achieve the majority's support through a rhetoric that praises and puts special focus on stuff like democracy, freedom, etc. to date as the average joe on the street no longer seems to give a damn about these. he does not feel safe, i sort of understand him tho, i'm sitting in the same boat as him. it won't take long until ptb will burn their own hands with setting up and funding terror organizations in the middle east, the average joe also knows that. the whole thing must be staged to pump up patriotry and close the ranks among the plain masses, and there is nothing a bunch of prominent people can do to persuade them. because, all joe cares about is his slice o' bread, his home, his four wheels, and his kids.especially his kids whom he does not want to lose to some berserk shooting or filthy terror attack at the mall or subway.

can't blame him.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: interupt42

What makes you think I like Hillary?

The question and point still remains. Why haven't they come out against her?

I don't like trump but its ridiculous how biased Hollywood is and narrow minded they are.

It's about pain tolerance. To many Hillary is an annoying rash...but Trump is an infected and open flesh wound. At some point the danger and pain compels one to make noise....and it shouldn't be confused with advocating for annoying rashes.

edit on 26-5-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

How do I know they are calling me base ? The letter says his appeal is to the base and most violent of people's nature. In other words, there is no legitimate reason to like him.

You can feign ignorance if you want. The overwhelming majority of the entertainment industry is leftist. See my above post for a fraction of their hypocrisy.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

They haven’t come out against her because they don’t see her as the dam fool that they see Trump as.

Then that makes them equally the fool , which was my point.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The question is why should anyone care what some addict has to say about anyone else when they need to worry about themselves first.

#whocares

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join