It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New cars that wink at you...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I could not find a good photo...

I've seen this on new Jeeps and Jaguars lately. If the turn signal is on while the head light is on, the headlight will turn off. It is the daytime running light. It drives me crazy, looks like the car is winking at me lol. Does anyone else find this annoying?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I drive a car that does exactly that, a CTS VSport. Those are a ring of led lights around the outside of the actual headlight. Personally I like them because they enhance visibility of oncoming traffic.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I like the lights too, it just bugs me when you put on you blinker and the light turns off.

Is that the Cadillac?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Is that the Cadillac?

Right. Way too much power so you gotta be careful, but it's a pleasure to drive, especially on long trips. It's kind of a nag, though, and talks to you way too much!

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Nice car, all wheel drive? Your car must be powerful.
edit on 5 26 2016 by Quantum12 because: Opps

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Nice car, all wheel drive? Your car a powerful!

No, though it does come that way as an option. Basically I got the VSport @ 430HP instead of all-wheel. 0-60 in 4.5 where a Corvette does it in 3.9, but that's just for bragging rights. I'm way too old to be messing around on the roads. I drive in a civilized manner. My wife, however, has been known to punch it "to see what it would do," she said. I'll just take her word for it.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Wow 430 hp? I would be in trouble. Your wife might come home with a ticket lol

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

I think that it happens so that it's easier to tell that the blinker is on in low-light situations (at night). The LEDs are so bright that the white could wash out the blinker.

It's there for a reason, not because it might look cool.

Because it doesn't.

At all.

Ever.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Lol, your right, it does not look cool!👍🏽

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I've noticed that a couple of times recently. At first I thought there was an electrical problem, but then I started seeing it more and on a variety of vehicles. Someone must have done a study indicating better visibility that way. I'm assuming it doesn't do this when the "actual" headlights are on?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
I drive a car that does exactly that, a CTS VSport. Those are a ring of led lights around the outside of the actual headlight. Personally I like them because they enhance visibility of oncoming traffic.

They should be visible anyway, but in daylight the LED indicators are often just not up to the job. The worst are VW's Passats and new Golf/Rabbit and Polo models, the red LED brake lights drown them out at the rear.
And wait 'til you see the new Bentley, lovely car except for the front, huuugh headlamps surrounded by LEDS...it looks like Mr Magoo coming at yah!

The picture below is more flattering, a head on view is plain ugly...as one poster has said..not cool!

(correct picture)
edit on 26-5-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
You could add these to get maximum effect. I have seen quite a few on UK roads.

ETA. Only joking! They are tacky lol

edit on 26-5-2016 by Morrad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I have those day time running LEDS on my SUV and my wife on her sedan. I like them as it does make on coming cars more visible. I ride a motorcycle too and wish more bike manufacturers would do the same on bikes (some do but not nearly as prevalent as cars).

The LED turns off so the blinker is more visible.

The one thing that annoys me though is red rear turn signals on cars. Often times they get washed out with the red brake lights. Why govt doesn't mandate that turn signals must be yellow on front and rear is mind boggling.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I could not find a good photo...

It drives me crazy, looks like the car is winking at me lol. Does anyone else find this annoying?

Only if it's a fella. A girl, machine, I don't mind....bring it on!

For Edumakated/US. In the UK, Europe in general, all indicators are yellow. It doesn't matter though as on some models, the design using LEDs is poor, and the brake lights still wash out the yellow indicators.
edit on 26-5-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Right, it only supposed to do it while daytime running lamps are on. It distracted my driving lol a few times, I thought what the fork is wrong with the car behind me turning, it winked lol

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad
Lol nice photo!!! Is that your car?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Your right 110% lol

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

That bugs me too about the rear turn signal lights. Be safe on your bike, it's the other drivers you have to look out for!

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Maybe she thinks your cute!

So you sit there thinking, then you start blinking
A bride maid looks, thinks that your winking
She thinks that you're kinda cute, so she winks back

Bust a move! Young MC is telling you!

edit on 26-5-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: missing words

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Your car does 0-100 a few tenths of a second faster than mine does 0-60

Maybe that's the new ones.

A manual is not offered, but you won’t care when this brute hits 60 mph in 3.6 seconds and 100 mph just 3.9 seconds later.

Yours is still no slouch. Awesome car man!
edit on 2620160520161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

Edit it again because I'm dumb. 3.6 + 3.9 does not equal 3.9 0-100. Derp.
edit on 2620160520161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join