It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen sues school for failing to prevent alleged locker room rape, racist taunts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
The old hockey tradition back in the day was to get the new players naked in the showers, tape there nut sacks, and smack them with wet towels.

Ah the good old days

Yeah, nothing gay rapey about that. Nope, nothing at all. No wonder these guys grow up to drop roofies in drinks. It's like they are raised from birth to become "that guy".

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I think this is another case-in-point that assault in rest rooms or locker rooms does NOT require any transgenderisms, because it is the ACTIONS that must be addressed, not the ATTIRE.

The actions, yes. Many disabled children have issues at school that are not addressed and very often shoved aside-seen it back when I was in school. This is really inexcusable as well as reprehensible on the students part. Hazing right, way to try to get out of being guilty when it's downright abuse.

originally posted by: Krakatoa
In addition, the 18 year old victim was known to have mental and learning disabilities. The so-called ring leader of the homo-erotic assault-fest was known to be:

“Mr. Howard is a relative of prominent individuals in the community and, at least in part due to his athletic ability and community connections, the Defendants ignored or were deliberately indifferent to the behavior of Mr. Howard which included aggression, taunting and bullying of The Plaintiff and other students in the District. With deliberate indifference, the Defendants did nothing to curb the vicious acts of Mr. Howard who brought with him from Texas a culture of racial hatred towards the Plaintiff.”

Another case of when connected to powerful people, you get a different set of rules. But it seems violent rape has finally caught up to this sick individual. I hope his connected family also gets some sort of second look from the community. Because now, this entire community has been publicly painted as racist and enablers. I ask the folks of that town, was it worth it to hide this sickos actions because of his familial connections?

All too often it does happen in some communities. It's good this story has been getting national news so hopefully it will be dealt with, not only just by the lawsuit but the community as a whole to be aware, not pushed further aside.
edit on 26-5-2016 by dreamingawake because: sp

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
a reply to: Annee

Yes, it makes it rape. Rape is bad.

I got what you meant.

I know you weren't defending it.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I hope some heavy weight Legal Group gets in on this one.

There's a White Supremacy problem in Idaho.

They need to be taken down.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
dp
edit on 26-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

The school has a duty of care.

If a rape occurs on their property then they are guilty of negligence.

Hope the victims get their money even if it is poor consolation.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

not that I agree at all with white supremacists, but don't they have the same constitutional rights everyone else does?

you sound a bit fascist. Not a good look, especially for the group you are with here.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Now I wouldn't paint an entire state with that wide a brush myself. Perhaps just this town, since it seems that it was considered an accepted behavior by many in power there as well. But yes, there is a problem, and perhaps the BLM movement needs to sit up and pay attention?

Nah....makes too much sense.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Now I wouldn't paint an entire state with that wide a brush myself. Perhaps just this town, since it seems that it was considered an accepted behavior by many in power there as well. But yes, there is a problem, and perhaps the BLM movement needs to sit up and pay attention?

Nah....makes too much sense.

As you're seeing the state may never shake it's racist past due to cases, such as this one, if they continue to happen. Thus why the community needs to step up even if they weren't the accused area, in the past, of racism.

This case happened in Southern Idaho, generally isn't know for such behavior compared to the North in which it was, for the most part, run out of the area(compound anyway). Not to say it's all gone from here but racists exist all over really. I do, of course, find it concerning that "Mr. Howard who brought with him from Texas a culture of racial hatred towards the Plaintiff.” was accepted there.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
they allegedly used a coat hanger on the kid. Something is clearly wrong with that tiny town, and it can probably be traced back to the founders or whoever started the town and the families that helped build it initially. Or maybe not, I found the towns website, and its limited history.

City of Dietrich, Idaho
Pre-incorporation Years: Dietrich, Idaho came into existence as a "Carey Act" town in 1909. It was developed by the Idaho Irrigation Company to be a recipient of water from Magic Reservoir that the company was constructing. Dietrich was located along the Oregon Short Line Railroad, to give it railroad access. The company built a large hotel and an experiment farm in Dietrich, both designed to entice immigrants to buy Dietrich Tract land from the company. After a spurt of enthusiasm, the little town almost literally dried up and blew away in the frequent desert winds. There was too little water from the canals and the sandy soil was difficult to irrigate. Not until sprinkler irrigation technology came to Dietrich, did the town begin to feel some farming success.

Formation of the City: Dietrich was incorporated in 1913, but this action was later rescinded because of legal technicalities and the town did not have a government of its own until it successfully incorporated in 1946. Ned Bolton, Walter Fechner, C. H. Frees, Jerry Church and Kent Gage were appointed trustees of the Village of Dietrich. The city got its name from a prominent railroad attorney and judge, Judge Frank S. Dietrich. He was known for his service on the adjudication of water rights in Idaho. He later became a Judge of the United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Ninth District.

I guess it is just one of those small towns where people balk at differences because they rarely see or experience anything outside of their cultural norms. What a shame it manifested as hate and sexual crimes on a minor.
edit on 5/26/2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Personally, I've always thought that organized sports are a bit barbaric. Those that participate, and officiate, often seem to be more physical and lacking a bit on the mental side. Those that saturate themselves in it, the quintessential "meathead", are generally little more than trained monkeys when it comes to any sort of rational, logical thought.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

That might be applied in a general sense to the "jock mentality", but again, I would not use a big brush on that either. Case-in-point, I played baseball, football, and tennis in high school. Yet, I did not accept nor participate in the "jock mentality", and frequently spoke out how ridiculous it was at the time (I never saw the humor or challenge in belittling or abusing a smaller and weaker person).

Regardless, this behavior goes well beyond that type of friendly ribbing and practical jokes between players. This is well within the realm of criminal behavior, and apparently sanctioned by those in power, and entrusted to stop it as well.

edit on 5/26/2016 by Krakatoa because: Mandela Effect

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Don't spin this story to push your agenda

This only proves that people in general are fooking sick

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

TextIn August, football players and coaches

Coaches were in on it? how sickening.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I thought modern white people were way too timid for this type of thing.. Americans are a different breed.

Poor guy.. a disabled guy too? Savages.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join