It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen sues school for failing to prevent alleged locker room rape, racist taunts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
It seems that locker rooms can be a dangerous place with just "heterosexual males" in there already! This is an update to an assault that occurred last October, in an Idaho High School locker room. I have played HS football, and know the typical antics that occur in the locker room (towel snapping, minor ribbing, etc...) but this goes beyond "boys will be boys" and encompasses an entire culture including the coaching staff.

The federal lawsuit says the school failed to prevent the bullying and attacks despite many incidents happening in front of football coaches and other officials at Dietrich High School

Three football players were involved, and their despicable behavior is described as:

Three teens have been charged in the Oct. 23 rape, which took place after one of the victim's football teammates pretended to give him a hug, according to the lawsuit. Instead, the player held him down so 17-year-old Tanner Ward and 18-year-old John Howard could assault him with a clothes hanger.

This was the final event in a growing list of racially motivated abuses, such as:

In August, football players and coaches encircled the victim and Howard as part of a "toughening up" program that involved nighttime fistfights, the lawsuit says. The victim wore boxing gloves, while Howard fought bare-fisted. The coaches are accused of promoting the fight that eventually knocked the victim unconscious as students called out racial epithets.

Full Story: Teen sues school for failing to prevent alleged locker room rape, racist taunts

Additional Source: White high school football players in Idaho charged in rape of black, disabled teammate with a coat hanger

I think this is another case-in-point that assault in rest rooms or locker rooms does NOT require any transgenderisms, because it is the ACTIONS that must be addressed, not the ATTIRE.

edit on 5/26/2016 by Krakatoa because: Added additional news source for balance

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Looks like the lunatics are watching the asylum...disgraceful...

This is called hazing...poor attempt to legitimize this whole bathroom agenda issue..
edit on 26-5-2016 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I've said it before and I'll say it again: jocks need their own separate bathrooms. Too much homoerotic violence in such confined spaces.

Ass slapping, towel snapping, disabled raping, etc... maybe I'll petition for a new bill to protect the children of my community.
edit on 26-5-2016 by Abysha because: Clarity

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Racism and rape is hazing?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

WRONG. Rape is rape.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Wait, you mean you CAN'T legislate morality into people?

say, that's odd.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I can't believe there wasn't just one person there who thought this was wrong enough to voice their opposition to it.

I'd say there is a much bigger problem at that school than merely the football team if they lack even the most rudimentary of moral compasses.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Sounds like a "Boys just wanna be Boys" coach.

Turns them into men, ya know.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Turns them into racist bigots. Now we know where they are coming from....

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Annee

Turns them into racist bigots. Now we know where they are coming from....

And their father's probably slap the coach on the back saying "Great Job!"

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Predominantly white town of 334 people and kids capable of that level of violence learn it from somewhere.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Your gonna blow a large segment of the sites minds when they find out the best way to turn a man into a man. Is to stick things up his butt.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

Looks like the lunatics are watching the asylum...disgraceful...

This is called hazing...poor attempt to legitimize this whole bathroom agenda issue..

I respectfully disagree. Hazing and rape are two different things. Hazing and racial hate speech/actions are two different things. If you think they are all the same, then I question your own moral compass and would be suspicious of being alone with YOU in a restroom or locker room.

You are not a transgender by chance, are you? If not, then how can this happen when the only people involved all have the same "equipment" when they were born and all "identify" as the same sex? This is relevant to the issue, since it shows yet again that this bathroom fear of rape and molestation transcends gender in many ways. It demonstrates that being a rapist is not the sole purview of the LGBT community as many seem to think.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Pretty sure Annee was being sarcastic...

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Pretty sure I was too. Just like Annee. My response was a response to how dumb the hazing response was.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
In addition, the 18 year old victim was known to have mental and learning disabilities. The so-called ring leader of the homo-erotic assault-fest was known to be:

“Mr. Howard is a relative of prominent individuals in the community and, at least in part due to his athletic ability and community connections, the Defendants ignored or were deliberately indifferent to the behavior of Mr. Howard which included aggression, taunting and bullying of The Plaintiff and other students in the District. With deliberate indifference, the Defendants did nothing to curb the vicious acts of Mr. Howard who brought with him from Texas a culture of racial hatred towards the Plaintiff.”

Another case of when connected to powerful people, you get a different set of rules. But it seems violent rape has finally caught up to this sick individual. I hope his connected family also gets some sort of second look from the community. Because now, this entire community has been publicly painted as racist and enablers. I ask the folks of that town, was it worth it to hide this sickos actions because of his familial connections?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

Your gonna blow a large segment of the sites minds when they find out the best way to turn a man into a man. Is to stick things up his butt.

Without consent.

You know what that makes it.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The old hockey tradition back in the day was to get the new players naked in the showers, tape there nut sacks, and smack them with wet towels.

Ah the good old days

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Yes, it makes it rape. Rape is bad.

But...I was not defending. I was condemning. If anyone believe this was just hazing. Then they must believe your boys just want to be boys, turn them into men comment. If they believe that, then they believe that turning men into men, somehow involves things up the butt. If they believe that, but are also anti-gay. Then up the butt and anti-gay clash in their heads. Then their heads will explode.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: SprocketUK

Predominantly white town of 334 people and kids capable of that level of violence learn it from somewhere.

I grew up in a white city of 50 thousand .
I was in the 1st xv all through high school.
No way in hell any of us would have stood for this.
It's a morals problem and possibly a courage one too.
The school needs closing down and starting up with new staff who can actually teach kids how to be human beings.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join