It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1238 Delegates....Trump did it...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
www.realclearpolitics.com...

Mr Trump is now at 1238 delegates and he did it before California. With over 300 delegates left he has clinched the amount needed by 1. Of course, Kasich will be keeping his still but it still does not matter. What a tool.

So, for all of those out there who said it could not be done it has been done early....and in a landslide.

bigstory.ap.org...

Donald Trump reached the number of delegates needed to clinch the Republican nomination for president Thursday, completing an unlikely rise that has upended the political landscape and set the stage for a bitter fall campaign. Trump was put over the top in the Associated Press delegate count by a small number of the party's unbound delegates who told the AP they would support him at the national convention in July. Among them is Oklahoma GOP chairwoman Pam Pollard. "I think he has touched a part of our electorate that doesn't like where our country is," Pollard said. "I have no problem supporting Mr. Trump." It takes 1,237 delegates to win the Republican nomination. Trump has reached 1,238. With 303 delegates at stake in five state primaries on June 7, Trump will easily pad his total, avoiding a contested convention in Cleveland.

All that fear of a contested convention gone.

+7 more 
posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Firstly, that explains why blood started pouring out of all the faucets in the house today. Secondly, I don't think you understand the meaning of the word 'landslide'.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
why is this in the "mud pit" forum?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

This is a very interesting time to live in because now we will see how democracy actual plays out..

Will the democrats screw Sanders when it appears as though more of the dems (voters) are in favor of Sanders?

Will the GOP ignore trump and push for Hillary?

Will the GOP somehow try and tank trump and push one of their own candidates?

Looking at some of these hypothetical it does not appear as though democracy works for the average informed or even uniformed citizen..

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Well on to the final round anyway. The other two are history and they precious delegates mean nothing. 3 years they will start the Whack A Mole game all over. Going to be a long 5 months

+34 more 
posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I think its pretty much assured we are going to have a Trump presidency at this point.

Looking forward to all the liberal tools moving to Canada

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: CaticusMaximus

I don't think so. How can he have gotten it today? What State was today and did the polls close at 11am? Poppycock

+18 more 
posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Under budget and ahead of schedule.

+7 more 
posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

Washington Primary final tally was confirmed last night.
edit on 26-5-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Firstly, that explains why blood started pouring out of all the faucets in the house today. Secondly, I don't think you understand the meaning of the word 'landslide'.

He has more than twice the delegates of any other Republican. I think that qualifies as a landslide.

+25 more 
posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel

I don't think so. How can he have gotten it today? What State was today and did the polls close at 11am? Poppycock

Ahhh, poor reading ability and denial. Both liberal prerequisites.

Better start packing now, man. Canada is better anyway... free health care, one giant gun-free zone, and the roads are paved with cannabis from what I hear. Liberal paradise!

edit on 5/26/2016 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
why is this in the "mud pit" forum?

I guess this is where all the Trump haters want him.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaticusMaximus
I think its pretty much assured we are going to have a Trump presidency at this point.

You hope, anyway.

Trump would have to get by Hillary, which would be a real tough battle for him considering how close the polls seems to be, or he would have to go through Sanders. According to the polls, Sanders would kill Trump in the election.

So I wouldn't light-up your victory cigars just yet. Trump has a tough fight ahead of him.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

My understanding is that they are including bound and unbound delegates. Unbound delegates can change their minds at any time but the number of unbound reporting that they will support Trump because of the will of the people gives him the delegates he needs.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaticusMaximus

Does this mean that, as a Briton, it will be possible for me to live in the US now?

Or will Trump simply deport me straight to Mexico

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Because the same old same old will join the thread and it is easier to sling for them in here....

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

He has more than twice the delegates of any other Republican. I think that qualifies as a landslide.

And if you add up all the votes for his rivals from earlier this year, they total more than the number of votes cast for Trump. So, no, not a landslide.

+8 more 
posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

That is like saying if you add all of the runs of the other teams in the AL East they have more than the Yankees so the Yanks winning 100 games in a season means nothing. He won in a landslide...

HE beat the hell out of every other candidate. 2 months ago it was to be the SHOWDOWN! in California. I mean, where is Ted Cruz????

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

That kind of thinking works against you too, you know? Add up all the votes that aren't for Cruz. That's a bigger margin of loss. Add up all the votes that aren't for Rubio. Even bigger margin of loss. And so on, and so on. If all the non Trump votes were coalescing around one specific candidate, you might have a point but they aren't. In fact, the trend seems to be many non Trump votes going to Trump in a last ditch effort to be on the winning team.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join