It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Agrees to Debate Donald Trump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Actually, I think it was the other way round.

THIS could be HUUUUGE!..and a brilliant chess move to completely sideline and marginalize cowardly Democrat front runner Crooked Hillary Clinton.

On the eve of the all important California primary, Crooked Hillary is continuing to hide in the shadows of her tenuous lead, while dodging poignant and potentially damaging questions from the media and Bernie Sanders...Donald Trump stepped up and offered to take her place in a debate with Bernie Sanders.

This completely sidelines Crooked Clinton and, to the nation, makes 2016 look like a Bernie vs. Trump contest.

Personally, I would much rather see these two debate. If this takes place...ratings will be HUUUUGE...Bernie and Trump will take California (respectively)...and Crooked Hillary will continue to fall towards where she truly belongs...the bottom of the barrel, or the inside of a prison cell.

LANCASTER, California — In the latest twist to this unpredictable 2016 presidential race, presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders independently agreed Wednesday night to debate each other.

On ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" Trump was asked if he would consider holding a debate with Sanders. Trump agreed to the idea. "If he paid a sum toward charity I would love to do that," said the business mogul, noting that a Sanders vs. Trump debate "would have such high ratings."

Sanders quickly responded with a tweet reading, "Game On. I look forward to debating Donald Trump in California before the June 7th primary."

Sanders said during a Santa Monica rally Monday that he was "disturbed but not surprised" that Clinton "backed out of the debate."

Clinton's communications director Jennifer Palmieri wrote in a statement that her candidate's time was "best spent campaigning and meeting directly with voters across California."

www.cnbc.com...

edit on 26-5-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
A Trump - Sanders debate would separate the men from the boys for sure.

I think both would be on guard and have to explain their positions in better detail.

Depending on who moderates and selects the "questions" and issues, the debate could actually be real.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And Crooked Hillary becomes the 'Where's Waldo?' of presidential politics.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
It would be a good debate, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Trump makes joke on Jimmy Kimmel about debating Sanders instead of Clinton, Sanders jumps at opportunity.
edit on 26-5-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The ratings on this are going to go through the roof!!

This will be the most watched political event in history. Maybe the most watched TV show of all time.

Hillary made a HUUUUGE mistake on this one. The most anticipated Political Debate ever and she'll have to watch it from home on the couch. LOLOLOLOL

Stupid move.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Who would ask the questions do, cnn or fox with there soft ball questions?

Could be a great tv moment, if it happens.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The biggest loser would be Hillery. Actually it would be a HUGE loss for her.

And that is why it is not going to happen. I wholeheartedly believe that Trump would rather face her then Bernie in a general election, and that he is not going to do anything to help Bernie.

He fears the Bern.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Hillary is a gasping fish on the dock right now. Trump can use this to finish her off, just as he systematically took down 16 republican contenders...one by one.

He's thinking he'll deal with Bernie...if and when the time comes. Trump is really not afraid of anyone.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
"Young Turks" Invites Donald Trump To Debate Bernie Sanders

TYT has reached out formally to both camps but Uygur says that Clinton is also welcome on the debate.

“Wouldn’t it be amazing to see all three on the debate stage at the same time and you get an absolutely clear understanding of where each of them stands and then you get to make your decision. Isn’t that how a democracy is supposed to go? Wouldn’t it be wonderful?”

Hilley could talk about her email snafu!

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
A Trump - Sanders debate would separate the men from the boys for sure.

Correction...separate the men from the lying (crooked) Hilary Clinton!

edit on 26-5-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I love this. Should Give Sanders a huge boost. Give us a really good sense of actual positions. In the Primaries, it's left vs more left or right vs more right. Now it's left vs right, no pandering to the base, an actual ideological dogfight, even better that it's without Clinton!

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This is pure genius. They will not attack each other. Trump set this up weeks ago when he started talking about how sad the DNC is and unfair. Making Bernie like him in his quest.

This will be like two guys getting together at a bar to talk about their common ex...and she is not there to defend herself.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Trump has no reason to do that and I doubt he would

Bernie would be used by Trump

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I put a very high bar on people I accept in authority positions, so far Sanders has met every criteria. Some months ago I said someone is completely unfit for President unless they're willing to go on a hostile media network and defend their policies. Sanders did that with Fox, and now he's willing to stand up and debate Trump outside of a regularly scheduled campaign debate.

Like him or not, the guy is willing to stand up and defend his positions. In contrast Hillary is cowering away unwilling to fight in what would be a 2 on 1 battle.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This topic was posted in another thread earlier today:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But, it's worth saying again:

originally posted by: BlueAjah
This is genius for both candidates.

Clinton refused to debate Sanders before the California primary. The DNC has been going out of their way to avoid air time for Sanders. Every other debate was at terrible times, and the next one between Clinton and Sanders is the same time as two major sports events. So, this will give Sanders the air time he needs, plus some. Trump's media draw will be huge for Sanders.

And Trump will get more free air time. He has no one left on his side to debate, so this gets him back on the stage again before the general election.

I can see it going like this:
They jab at each other on the issues a bit, as they do have differing views.
Overall, Trump will be nice to Sanders, thus bringing some Sanders voters to him in the general election.
They will both hit hard on Hillary when she is not there to defend herself.

Genius.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Hillary will be instantly be rendered a relic. In this weakened state the hits keep coming. F.B.I. DOJ, and finally THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF PRISONS.

new topics

top topics

join