It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With Sanders leading Trump, should Hillary step aside for the "good" of the Leftist agenda?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Personally, I dont like any of the candidates (thats putting it mildly).

That having been said, Sanders leads Trump in every poll, in some cases by as much as 15%...

General Election: Trump vs. Sanders.

Hillary on the other hand, after leading by double digits, has consistently lost ground to Trump, even trailing him in some polls.

For the "good" of the Left, is it unreasonable to ask Hillary to step aside? Isnt that what she essentially did (or was told to do) for Obama after they took a break from campaigning to attend the Bilberberg meeting?

Clinton and Obama hold secret meeting.

Bilderberg power masters meet in the US.

On June 5 of that year, Barack and Hillary mysteriously “disappeared” for some hours “somewhere in the DC area.”

The media kept mum about that, save for an Associated Press report on the campaign trail saying that, "reporters traveling with Obama sensed something might be happening between the pair (i.e. Obama and Hillary) when they arrived at Dulles International Airport after an event in Northern Virginia and Obama was not aboard the airplane.

Asked at the time about the Illinois Senator's whereabouts, Obama spokesman Robert Gibbs smiled and declined to comment." (The AP dispatch “Obama and Clinton meet, discuss uniting Democrats” is, strangely, “no longer available” on their website).

Be that as it may, two days later, Hillary withdrew from the race and Obama became the presidential candidate.

Its not like it would make much of a difference for the Left. After all, Bernie Sanders agreed (voted) with Hillary 93% of the time.

Especially since its the Bernie supporters who are pushing Trump's rise.

ABC poll: Trump surge due to massive 36% millennial swing.

ABC suggests the shift may be defections from Bernie Sanders’ campaign, many of whom are furious with Clinton and the establishment. ABC noted “[a]nother result indicating Sanders-related defections is the number of liberals saying they’d support Trump vs. Clinton — now 24 percent, up 8 points from March.”

edit on 26-5-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I think Sanders should be Clinton's VP. Hillary is losing ground right now because Sanders is taking some of her thunder.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Sanders only job was to make it look like Hillary had opponents for the primary.

He was never supposed to be this popular.

Neither was Trump.

The DNC will step in, make concessions to Sanders, basically pay him off, and he will end up supporting Hillary who has already bought and paid for the presidency.

Just my opinion.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
After yesterday's klobbering by the State dept, Hillary should just quit.

It's over Hillary.

The longer you stay, the worse it will get for you.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Where is Sanders beating trump? He's not even running against him. He won't ever be running against him.
The only person he's running against right now is Hillary and he's far behind her.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
One link is from 2008???
Clinton and Obama have secret meeting is about the 2008 election.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Clobbering right....

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Where is Sanders beating trump? He's not even running against him. He won't ever be running against him.
The only person he's running against right now is Hillary and he's far behind her.

In general election polls, Clinton fails to beat trump, Bernie beats Trump every time. Also Bernie is closer to Hillary than let's say Ted was to Trump.

~Tenth

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Polls? There's a new poll every day. One say Clinton beats trump one says trump beats Clinton . The only polls that count are the ones we vote at.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Possibly for the good of the Democratic Party. not for any 'leftist aganda', whatever that is.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Polls? There's a new poll every day. One say Clinton beats trump one says trump beats Clinton . The only polls that count are the ones we vote at.

That's just historically and scientifically untrue.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

The polls below, even the ones that Hillary wins are within margin of error, whereas Bernie usually pulls 5 to 10 points ahead. The only ones that Hillary does really well in are polls conducted vs trump in states like California, for obvious reasons.

Bernie is the better candidate to face Trump in the general election. At least from a " elect-ability standpoint'.

~Tenth
edit on 5/26/2016 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Bernie's spending plan and tax hike are significantly larger than Hillary's, so there is a difference worth mentioning.

I've always said that Bernie's spending plan and tax hike are indication enough that he is The Chosen One. None of the smoke & mirrors 'indications 'that Hillary is/was The Chosen One are as compelling to me than the amount of money that Bernie would allow Congress to spend.

Fortunately, I cannot stand Hillary so I will find some solace when her campaign crumbles -- even if it is due to a controlled opposition email server scandal that she is 'in on.' It's not like the voters are going to defeat The Establishment, anyway. But they will believe they have when Bernie is the nominee (thanks to Hillary) and wins the whole enchilada (thanks to Trump).

Hillary was a plant, in 2008, too. She made sure Obama was the nominee by leaving her name on the Michigan ballot and then rolling over when her won delegates were gifted to Obama by the DNC Rules & Bylaws committee.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

I am not sure why Robert Gibbs is lying in this video. Though, I did enjoy the commentary from the uploader, lol. He kept saying 'there was a desire for private meetings'. I doubt he was at liberty to say exactly what they were. The press expects to follow everywhere, and often do in a campaign, but it isn't a law.

It would be fun to add commentary to this though like: "Will you please stop whining at me?", "I am a press secretary, not the secret Service.", "I should have been a doctor like Mom said."
edit on 26-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
lol.

Sanders is popular in polls because his entire base is wired and media driven. The old Mike Stivic style dude is an internet and smartphone phenom. The king of kids and the internet. He's trendy.

But in the real world, Trump will beat him six ways to hell and back again.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1
lol.

Sanders is popular in polls because his entire base is wired and media driven. The old Mike Stivic style dude is an internet and smartphone phenom. The king of kids and the internet. He's trendy.

An election between Trump and Sanders will definitely come down to votes cast "for the lesser of two evils."

We've been groomed for a year to accept Trump as the "more evil" candidate. I don't think all that hard work was for naught.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Maverick1
lol.

An election between Trump and Sanders will definitely come down to votes cast "for the lesser of two evils."

We've been groomed for a year to accept Trump as the "more evil" candidate. I don't think all that hard work was for naught.

If you mean to say Trump was made to sound hateful, divisive and ignorant about world affairs on purpose, then you have something there. He could be acting. Then we are being groomed. If he is not acting, then he is the poor choice.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

You seem to think Sanders and Clinton have the same agenda and that one should step aside for the other to further the party agenda. But you're mistaken.

Hillary has her agenda which is the agenda of the DNC and Establishment which is NOT the agenda of Sanders.

Sanders, while being on the Left is NOT towing the line of Establishment Dems.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Well sorry but Bernie is never going down that road so any polls showing him beating trump are fantasy much like the question itself.
In nine days she clinches the nomination and Bernie is left hoping for a VP spot.
She needs 84 delegates. She gets that from Jersey alone. California is.whipped cream for the sundae. New Mexico hands down.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1

In the real world these two will never face each other.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
www.realclearpolitics.com...

Sanders is the only real hope that democrats have for retaining the White House.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join