It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today's LearningCurve

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

ATS is most definitely about posting outlandish theories, but that doesn't mean everyone will agree with you. When you put it out there, it's for discussion and you have to be open to that discussion. You have to be open to accepting other points of view. However, name calling and the like is a weak mans attempt at argument and no matter how serious the baiting you must remain on the topic of discussion, and not go down that road. If need be, log out, walk away...

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Sadly, there are some really rude a-holes on this site.
I've made extremely few threads, because I will respond back and I would have been banned by now, for sure.

I admire those people that can hold their temper from dealing with the jerks on the site - I cannot.
Some people like to start fights it seems.

With all the "free" speech in the US, I can easily see why so many people get shot.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

A-holes only win if you let them. If you're unwilling to put forth the energy to either (a) fight back, or (b) report them as being off-topic and mounting personal attacks, then you let them win.

Or like In4ormant said--you can always ignore them.

But also, tread lightly, because when/if you're emotionally attached to a topic/thread that you create, it's easy to see someone who has valid differing opinions as being hostile or 'taking a piss at you,' so to speak.

So, there are many options out there on how to deal with this, but don't let differing opinions or naysayers (or downright A-holes) ruin it for you. When all else fails, don't acknowledge them--and quite honestly, that's the worst thing you can do, because you're letting them know that their opinion on the topic isn't worth your time.

I don't know about which thread you're talking, so hopefully I don't sound like an idiot right now.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I have never seen a fight thread before.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join