It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump and the Spike in Anti-Muslim Hate Crimes in the U.S.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Each life is worth a pause to look at the current system of immigration into the US. I think it should be done across the board with all entrants not just those who Identify with Islam. However, if there is a chance you have to correct it.

So you feel that the life of a refugee is worth more than a US citizen if they happened to be killed? We should roll the dice? That is how you are presenting it.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: onequestion

Why? Why do we have to say Islamic terrorism and not just terrorism? Explain yourself. If it is so obvious that you feel you can casually disparage my character to others, then explain yourself thoroughly, troll.

Why do you have to blame TRUMP for the actions of a few morons..?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I think the effort put into marginally reducing the number of deaths to terrorism in a year exponentially becomes a waste the closer you try to bring that number to 0. At some point you have to recognize that not ALL terrorism is preventable. There has to be a point where you recognize that some deaths will happen and trying to make that death count into 0 is the height of excessive paranoia.

THAT'S my point. At not time am I saying that one life is worth more than another. I am merely considering things like logistics, freedoms that must be surrendered, cost, and other objective facets that WILL be effected negatively as we marginally reduce this death count.

Conservatives like to go on and on about reality and rake liberals over the coals for being idealistic, but there is nothing more idealistic and naive than pretending like you can reduce a death count for some sort of danger to 0.
edit on 27-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

This whole thread is a troll post. You're literally trying to tie all muslim related violence in the US to Trump. You're cherry picking quotes and redefining them to fit your narrative.

You still haven't posted how his proposal would be unconstitutional, just recently though you added a piece that assumed it might be unconstitutional. It's not.

You are trying to equate this entire thread to Trump being the anti-christ. Sorry, he's not.

I responded tonight to your op after reading through. You have clearly decided to attempt a career in propaganda, because that is literally what this thread is. Propaganda. You can try to deny all you like, but a spade is a spade.

Take this however you choose;

You occasionally make political propaganda threads with biased material on par with North Korea. You will search every desperate source to support your false narrative and make you feel right, even though you aren't. This is one of those threads.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

a reply to: onequestion

Why? Why do we have to say Islamic terrorism and not just terrorism? Explain yourself. If it is so obvious that you feel you can casually disparage my character to others, then explain yourself thoroughly, troll.

Why do you have to blame TRUMP for the actions of a few morons..?

You didn't answer my question. You insulted me because your point was apparently blindly obvious, now defend it.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

This whole thread is a troll post. You're literally trying to tie all muslim related violence in the US to Trump. You're cherry picking quotes and redefining them to fit your narrative.

No I'm not. This is actually something I've also clarified in the thread. Heck it was on page 18, so you damn well should have seen it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is more or less an extension of my complaint against the conservative narrative of muslim bigotry. Trump hijacked that narrative and made it his own. Likewise, Wilson probably did the same thing with the racist movement. The anti-Muslim sentiments already existed. Trump just made them mainstream. That's more or less what I'm getting at with this thread. I guess.

Like I said, you clearly have no concern for what I'm saying. You are just here to argue, aren't you? So I went ahead and snipped the rest of your post. I don't care about your words now either. Shouldn't bother you too much anyways right? I'm just trolling as you say.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I would instead wonder if there is a strong correlation between Donald Trump's rhetoric and the terrorist attacks. But that would be too strange of a coincidence if Donald Trump is saying anything cautionary about Muslim immigration because of the terrorist activity.
Don't get me wrong – I don't support him, or any of the "choices" for president- but to say that there is a correlation between the comparably few "hate" crimes of US citizens in general (comparing violent actions of Muslims), and Donald trumps rhetoric seems like a desperate reaching program that I am not in favor of listening to.
Instead of a correlation, I would call it a relationship formed in response to a government and it's relationship to Muslim immigration.It seems more logical to order it this way – 1. Muslim influx 2. Actual Muslim violence ( which also takes place before the Muslim influx) 3. Response by citizens and leadership (which is labeled by the left as hate crimes and hate speech)
Because I don't support any candidate, I will add that this whole situation may all just be a planned event, and the two seemingly different relationships, are actually one. The relationship between master and horde one and master and horde two. Somewhere at the top, metaphorically above the clouds, is a place none of us have seen, A meeting place guarded by secrets, lies, and murder- that place is reserved for planning to meet in secret... And that is where the masters meet... And here, on the hard ground- among all the magical technologies and methodologies, and programs, in this land of cause and effect, we are delt with through our own ignorance.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

If you think the only variable that could have possibly caused this supposed increase in 'hate crimes against muslims' is Donald Trump, I have a swamp to sell you.

You are being quite illogical and dismissive of the myriad other variables and it is pretty sad.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Trump is for pretty much everything that many have stated they are against for some time.

Really?, how is it you think people will be found who are supposedly not supposed to be here?.

Do you think maybe EVERYONE will be vetted more thoroughly?.

Enjoy what privacy and safety in your personal life you have for the moment.

Is another entire bureaucracy going to be created to accomplish the things he states he wants to do?.

I am beginning to think some of the elites are correct in stating their feeling that average American's are too damned stupid to make important decisions.

Constitutional protections do apply to immigrants whether they are legal or not, you do know this, yes?.

Of course most don't, and don't think it should be that way, and have no idea why it is, but would be in an uproar if it were changed...

Just like the criminals in charge have been trying to do for decades.

Enjoy!...
edit on 27-5-2016 by MyHappyDogShiner because: idiot

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Of course not. Trump is just one of many, but since he is a rather large and in your face public face, he can reach a lot of people with his opinions. Thus his rhetoric can only be seen as harmful there.

Are you by any chance denying that trump has an effect on negative muslim opinions?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

A actually I didn't personally attack you if you re-read the post that was you calling.me a troll for pointing out an obvious hypocrisy in your logic.

I've answered your questions throughout the first several pages of the thread feel free to use that as reference material in your quest for truth.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Of course not. Trump is just one of many, but since he is a rather large and in your face public face, he can reach a lot of people with his opinions. Thus his rhetoric can only be seen as harmful there.

Are you by any chance denying that trump has an effect on negative muslim opinions?

The terrorist have used Islam to reach out to many disenfranchised Muslims to convert them to fundamentalism and turn them on the west.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

It took you til page 18 to say that. Your OP consisted of propaganda. You for some reason just won't admit it.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

The terrorist have used Islam to reach out to many disenfranchised Muslims to convert them to fundamentalism and turn them on the west.

So how does what you just said there make it obvious that we MUST make the distinction between terrorism and islamic terrorism? Christian terrorism exists too. It kills small numbers of people in this country every year too. Can we make that distinction and then ban Christians from entering the country?

OR wouldn't it make more sense to just tackle terrorism in general? That way the religion doesn't matter. Terrorism is wrong. Stop. We can battle it all and the bad guys still get their come upance. But in this case, we don't have to worry about ignorant bigots taking negative muslim rhetoric to illogical levels and acting on their bigoted ideals.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Says the guy who just moved the goal posts back when his poorly thought out assumption was proven wrong just now. Did it ever occur to you that MAYBE that was the first guy who got around to asking me a question in a way for me to clarify like I did? I already told you that I've been ignoring posts in this thread because they were overly dismissive or insulting. Your camp is full of haters who hate me just for saying something counter to what they think.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

aww i don't hate you KrazyShot

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I don't know what "camp" you think I'm in. I said I like trump because of threads like this. People freaking out and spinning words in their mind to hear what they want.

That is exactly what this thread is. The title is "Donald Trump and the Spike in Anti-Muslim Hate Crimes in the U.S".

How is that NOT propaganda?

By your own study less than 2% of all muslim hate crimes can be attributed to Trump.

What point were you trying to make? That by being obtuse and deflective that you could defend a thread by redefining your stance later in it? I don't get it. You have defended yourself against things I haven't even said, but rather "ASSume" I will say or think.

Sorry man, you couldn't be further away from my thoughts on this political round-a-bout in general.

I don't care who wins. The president doesn't have that much power and anyone that understands american politics knows that. But it sure is a person that can get millions of people riled up, especially when some people make propaganda-like open discussions on certain discussion boards.

You want to look for the bad guys? Let's talk about the critters in congress, not the dog-and-pony show the US presidential election is.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Clearly, very clearly there is a MASSIVE difference between lone Christian nutjobs using their faith as an excuse to murder innocent people and organized terrorist groups using Islam to convert easily influenced young minds in an organized fashion.

There are no Christian organizations out there working on a large scale to recruit followers using their faith to commit acts of terrorism.

Yawnnnn.....

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: introvert

The DIFFERENCE is MUSLIMS identify themselves as MUSLIM before anything else.

That whole DEAL was about religion.

Then take issue with the Muslims. What Carter did was directed at Iranians, not Muslims.

So its all good if we want to deport all the Mexicans?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

It's harmful when Obama says "the typical white person is racist" or that white people "lock their doors when black people walk by"? Is it harmful when Obama openly supports brown supremacist organizations like La Raza?

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join