It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump and the Spike in Anti-Muslim Hate Crimes in the U.S.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: introvert

The DIFFERENCE is MUSLIMS identify themselves as MUSLIM before anything else.

That whole DEAL was about religion.

I think the real issue goes well beyond that. Many Muslims are passive Muslims, more Muslim by name.

The real problem is hardcore Muslims, the Sharia practicing Muslims don't stop at religion as Sharia is as much a political structure as it is a religion. It entirely governs one's way of life, the entire political structure. And that runs in direct opposition to the Western way of life.

And, the Sharia practicing Muslims end up showing up where there's any major group of Muslims. We see that in Sharia run neighborhoods across Europe. The passive Muslims tried to move away from that, escape it but like clock work, the hardcore show up and run their neighborhoods, enforcing Sharia.

There is no other religion where there's such a crossover into the political structure.

The Middle East didn't turn their back on Muslim refugees because they're afraid of them getting down on their knees and praying however many times per day they do. They turned their back because the more hardcore supporters bring the political elements which crosses over into violence and fighting anyone who doesn't accept their way of life.
edit on 26-5-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

LOL directed at WHO ?

The government ceased to EXIST.

Geez man.

Iranians. The government changed hands, but it remained Iran and still is to this day.

Your argument is absurd.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

It was the same. He put a halt on anyone coming into the country from Iran unless they opposed the Shiite Islamist regime which installed itself.

Now, sounds like he would let in a Shia, Not a shiite, and those are not Christian references.....

It is actually 2 separate things...a ban and deportation. Trump did not say deport Muslims but Carter was looking for Shiite Muslims....

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Yep my argument is so 'absurd'.

Iran (/aɪˈræn/ or Listeni/ɪˈrɑːn/;[11] Persian: Irān – ایران‎‎ [ʔiːˈɾɒːn] ( listen)), also known as Persia (/ˈpɜːrʒə/ or /ˈpɜːrʃə/),[12] officially the Islamic Republic of Iran (جمهوری اسلامی ایران – Jomhuri ye Eslāmi ye Irān [d͡ʒomhuːˌɾije eslɒːˌmije ʔiːˈɾɒːn]), is a sovereign state in Western Asia.

en.wikipedia.org...

Which is actually a oxymoron.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

It was the same. He put a halt on anyone coming into the country from Iran unless they opposed the Shiite Islamist regime which installed itself. Now, sounds like he would let in a Shia, Not a shiite, and those are not Christian references.....

Exactly. They had to openly oppose a regime that was considered a threat to the United States.

That does not mean they have to denounce their religion.

It is actually 2 separate things...a ban and deportation. Trump did not say deport Muslims but Carter was looking for Shiite Muslims....

No he was not. He only deported those that violated their visas. Most Iranians went home on their own.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Go on. Tell me this isn't Trump's fault.

Okay. It's not Trump's fault. He can't 'make' anyone do anything. They've gotta be willing. And there are a lot of degrees of 'willing'.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: TheBulk

I'm puzzled by your ever shifting standards. When talking about Trump, you claim it's racist to say some illegal immigrants coming from Mexico are rapists and criminals.

I did not say that. What I said is that I can see why some would interpret that as racist.

How is criticizing a small percentage of a very specific group of people from a country equal to racism, but deporting people because of their nationality is A-OK?

I did not say it was ok. I said what Carter did was not directed at Muslims. It was directed at Iranians her on visas.

Your answers imply that you either think I'm very stupid, or you have a very inflated view of your intelligence.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: TheBulk

I'm puzzled by your ever shifting standards. When talking about Trump, you claim it's racist to say some illegal immigrants coming from Mexico are rapists and criminals.

I did not say that. What I said is that I can see why some would interpret that as racist.

How is criticizing a small percentage of a very specific group of people from a country equal to racism, but deporting people because of their nationality is A-OK?

I did not say it was ok. I said what Carter did was not directed at Muslims. It was directed at Iranians her on visas.

Your answers imply that you either think I'm very stupid, or you have a very inflated view of your intelligence.

I did not say anything you implied. That is what my answer was.

It is not my place to comment on the level of your intelligence, as only you and those around you can attest to that, and I do think I am a fairly intelligent person.

Either way, our levels of intelligence have nothing to do with the topic at hand. I'd like to stick to the topic, rather than denigrate or inflate perceived levels of intelligence.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Of course don't be an igmo and appeal to emotion

Appeal to emotion?

You said:

The poster above is right, hate crimes are in direct correlation to terrorist attacks, you know the kind where people get killed.

It seemed to me that you were implying that hate crimes were deserved - because, you know - people had been killed. So - I asked a logical question I think - and you still haven't answered that question honestly

We can disagree about whether or not Trump is influencing the behavior of people in this country. It's just as easy to say Hitler had no effect on Germans - people are responsible for their own actions

If you want to apologize for Trump that's up to you

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
its not trumps fault ! didn't you hear about the super violent left wing authoritarians ?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

You can't just read from your right wing meme sites and hope to make sense if you don't understand context

Why Trump's Muslim ban isn't like Jimmy Carter's actions on Iranians

"The difference is that Iranians were citizens of, and owed allegiance to, a country that was acting against the United States," said Kermit Roosevelt, a law professor at the University of Pennsylvania. "The class of ‘all Muslims’ has no similar connection to ISIS or terrorists. That makes the analogy seriously flawed."

David Houghton, a senior lecturer in defense studies at King’s College of London and author of U.S. Foreign Policy and the Iran Hostage Crisis, agreed, saying only Carter’s actions can be labeled "proportionate." Trump "appears to want to bar all Muslims, extremists, moderates and anything else, merely because they identify with a religious group which is actually quite diverse," Houghton said.

Car ter announced Monday he was canceling all visas issued to Iranians for entry into the United States and warned that they would be revalidated only for "compelling and proven humanitarian reasons or where the national interest requires."

Since the 50 American hostages were seized Nov. 4, more than 14,000 Iranians have been admitted to the United States -- about half of them religious minorities who fear persecution under the regime of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, officials have said. About 14,700 Iranians have left the United States in the same period, according to figures from the Immigration and Naturalization Service.

State Department and immigration officials said yesterday that concern about religious or political persecution in Iran would be viewed as a valid humanitarian reason for revalidating the visas of those now being barred from the United States.

White House press secretary Jody Powell said at a briefing yesterday that the new rules "won't have an immediate impact on large numbers of people." He noted that more than 56,700 Iranian students here hold visas good for as long as they remain in school. Others whose visas expire can apply for asylum and be protected by U.S. law.

"Once in the good old United States legally, or illegally for the matter, they are cloaked in the mantle of the constitutional and legal protections we all value," Powell said.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
its not trumps fault ! didn't you hear about the super violent left wing authoritarians ?

I sure have.

That the people that hate the rich,hate bankers, hate ceos'. hate gun owners, HATE the cops,and the people that think the planet is out ta git em.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Irrelevant! It still completely and 100% violates not only the spirit of freedom of religion but also the actual 1st Amendment.

Ahem. You do realize that applies to U.S. citizens, right? It does not guarantee those rights to just any and everyone.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

The DIFFERENCE is MUSLIMS identify themselves as MUSLIM before anything else.

That whole DEAL was about religion.

And a kinda act of war.

They did it again with the 2 navy boats last year.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
If Obama would do his constitutional job of protecting the boarders and actually screening 'migrants' and if more in the MSM actually called him out in his lack of doing his job. There wouldn't be a Trump.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Donald Trump and the Spike in Anti-Muslim Hate Crimes in the U.S.

Several weeks ago, in Washington, D.C., a Muslim woman was called “a worthless piece of Muslim trash” and a “terrorist” by a fellow Starbucks customer and, presumably, American citizen. After pouring something on the Muslim woman, the assaulter told her victim that she was planning on voting for Donald Trump, who would send Muslims “back to where you come from.” As horrific as this incident was, it was not unique. According to a new study from the Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding at Georgetown University, anti-Muslim hate crimes increased in 2015, coinciding with attacks in Paris and San Bernardino, California, and the rise of Donald Trump, the presumptive GOP nominee for president who has called for a ban on Muslims entering the United States.

The larger context for anti-Muslim hate crimes remains the atmosphere after the 9/11 attacks. Prior to 9/11, there were somewhere between 20 and 30 annual hate crimes committed against Muslims. Since that time, the number has increased to more than 100 annually. But 2015 was especially bad. Trump entered the race for the presidency in June. In November, Paris was attacked. In early December, San Bernardino was attacked. And several days later, Trump announced his Muslim ban proposal.

It was during December that the study saw a huge spike, recording 53 separate attacks on Muslims during this month, nearly one-third of the total in the entire year. To discuss these findings, I spoke by phone with Engy Abdelkader, the author of the report and a lawyer. “There are increasing threats of anti-Muslim violence,” she told me. “We saw this in 2015, which was perhaps the worst year in this regard since Sept. 11.” Abdelkader was careful to say that her study—based on news reports—may not be completely comprehensive, in part because some acts do not get reported. But by her count, there were 174 reported incidents in 2015, including 12 murders.

As you can see, with the rise of Donald Trump we are seeing a rise in anti-Muslim hate crimes. It has gotten to extreme levels. 174 incidents in 2015! Why are we letting Trump dictate that it is ok to be racist? Sure everyone likes to say, "well how do you know he's racist?" Ok forget that. Regardless if that man is racist or not, he is inspiring quite a few people who ARE racist to act more openly.

This is the USA. We practice freedom of religion here. It's in the damn 1st Amendment. And freedom means ALL religions. Not just the ones you agree with. If a muslim is going to be targeted and arrested, he needs to break the law first. He is also afforded the same basic rights. Just like everyone else.

Go on. Tell me this isn't Trump's fault.

Abdelkader realizes how hard it is to pin specific acts on Trump or any other particular person or event (and the San Bernardino attacks and Trump’s rhetoric in response are especially difficult to separate), but the study does note that at least three of the chronicled incidents—in addition to the one in Washington, D.C.—were committed by avowed Trump supporters. Muslim leaders and victims of crime time and again, Abdelkader told me, relayed a strong perception that they were facing increased threats because of the heightened political atmosphere brought about by many of the Republican candidates, but “with specific references to Mr. Trump.” Whether Trump’s rhetoric is specifically causing a high number of the crimes, he is at the very least causing unease and fear in a large number of American citizens—citizens who have become even more vulnerable in the post-9/11 era.

Though it's never his fault right? Only the VERY things anti-Trump people have been yelling and screaming would happen have happened and it still isn't his fault right?

Oh yeah, that's right this article is a hit piece against trump and will just result in 100,000 more votes for him right? God forbid his supporters ever took any accountability...
50 insults to muzlims in a month??? That's scandalous...HaHaHaHa...

How many insults and attacks against blacks and whites per month by other blacks??? But here's a newsflash: muzlims are not a Race...

Trump wants to stop them from coming in...I'd go a step further and kick them all out...

They refuse to become Americans...American laws are meaningless to them...The Constitution is meaningless to them...Izlam is no more a religion than Communism is...Run 'em all out...

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: C8H10N4O2
Trump has yet to publicly say anything anti-Muslim. He simply believes in stricter screening for immigrants whether they come from a muslin country or any other country... Funny actually, the majority of voting Americans agree with him!

Nothing except for wanting to ban admittance of Muslims into the country? That isn't anti-Muslim in your book? Lol no wonder you guys can't see anything wrong with this picture...

Trump and we want to stop terrorists from coming into the Country...Besides what's wrong with being anti-muzlim...Their 'holy' book tells them to murder everyone who refuses to join their religion...If someone isn't anti-muzlim there's a mental health problem going on...

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Every single individual person is responsible for his or her own actions. I do not care what anyone else is saying or doing. The lack of personal responsibility in modern society is getting out of control.

Morons that are committing crimes, regardless of what they are or what the motivation is, are 100% responsible.

This same defense works for law enforcement and military personnel across the world. Following orders is not an excuse for committing crimes.

It is always someone else's fault. They made me do it.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

So, we have a Muslim group conducting a study and claiming anti-Muslim violence has increased as a result of Trump running for president. Where's the proof? Links to any of these cases, evidence, anything but their word on it?

Accountability means something actually happened.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join