It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump and the Spike in Anti-Muslim Hate Crimes in the U.S.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Carter, a nice peanut farming democrat said that he would deport Muslims...and he did. He round them up and deporting 10's of thousands.

Now, how about we address the real hate crime issue....Jews.

www.fbi.gov...

According to the FBI, if you are Jewish, you are almost 5 times as likely to be attacked than a Muslim.

Now, out of all of the hate crimes....5 murders. Almost 50% was intimidation. Meaning words or threats. These are from 2013.

Since 2002 to 2014 Muslim attacks rose 3%. Trump was not in office.

Finally, your statistics???

As horrific as this incident was, it was not unique. According to a new study from the Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding at Georgetown University, anti-Muslim hate crimes increased in 2015, coinciding with attacks in Paris and San Bernardino, California, and the rise of Donald Trump, the presumptive GOP nominee for president who has called for a ban on Muslims entering the United States.

It is a survey. Not true statistics. Islamic hate crime has risen about 5% from 9/11 till today and has NOTHING to do with Trump.

edit on 05pm31pmf0000002016-05-26T16:05:57-05:000457 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on 05pm31pmf0000002016-05-26T16:08:31-05:000431 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

But wait. That can't possibly be true. Carter is such a poster-child for the left.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: TechniXcality

I don't even give a # about that issue. The poster above is right, hate crimes are in direct correlation to terrorist attacks, you know the kind where people get killed.

Do you care that innocent people are paying for those terrorist attacks? People that didn't participate?

Of course don't be an igmo and appeal to emotion, I've said multiple times I do not condone bigotry, I've also said this isn't the fault of trump, this is the fault of Islamic terrorism.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Carter, a nice peanut farming democrat said that he would deport Muslims...and he did. He round them up and deporting 10's of thousands.

Yeah and that OTHER democrat FDR rounded up the Japanese.

And the REAL history of ELLIS Island ?

A DEPORTATION STATION among its uses.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

he said he wants to deport muslims.

He never said that. You are mistaken.

That is not entirely correct. When asked by a supporter "When can we get rid of them?", in reference to Muslims, Trump said "We're going to be looking at a lot of different things. You know, a lot of people are saying that, and a lot of people are saying that bad things are happening out there. We're going to look at that and plenty of other things".

www.washingtonpost.com...

So where does he specifically say he'll deport Muslims? Or are you just extrapolating because you're anti_trump?

He said that he was "going to look at that" in reference to deporting Muslims. He did not specifically say he was going to deport Muslims. That is correct, but I don't see how what he did say could be considered any better.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
And We sure can't forget the Scott Act signed in to LAW that banned the CHINESE.

DEMOCRAT.

I wonder HOW that would figure in to that budding bromance a on the last page.

Playing the VICTIMS.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

That is very disingenuous. Carter deported Iranians in the country on Visas during the Iranian hostage crisis. The country of origin was the focus, not religion.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
First thought. If these Muslims refugees, non-citizens, offer no threat, then why has the entire Middle East turned their back on the problem and not accepted any? Go look at how many refugees Iran or Saudi Arabia or Jordan or Pakistan have accepted.

Second, anti-Muslim violence is spiking across Europe too. Tells me there's a movement against the culture and atrocities they represent and increasingly people are fed up with their governments telling them "nothing to see here, no risk, just move along".
edit on 26-5-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

That is very disingenuous. Carter deported Iranians in the country on Visas during the Iranian hostage crisis. The country of origin was the focus, not religion.

Really HOW is that.

The Iranian 'revolution' was a bunch of MUSLIMS that over threw their government in favor of a THEOCRACY.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Really HOW is that.

The Iranian 'revolution' was a bunch of MUSLIMS that over threw their government in favor of a THEOCRACY.

What does that have to do with Carter using visa revocation of Iranians to put pressure on Iran? It had to do with their country of origin, not their religion.

Surely you know the difference.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The DIFFERENCE is MUSLIMS identify themselves as MUSLIM before anything else.

That whole DEAL was about religion.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

What does that have to do with Carter using visa revocation of Iranians to put pressure on Iran? It had to do with their country of origin, not their religion.

Surely you know the difference.

What is the difference?

I'm puzzled by your ever shifting standards. When talking about Trump, you claim it's racist to say some illegal immigrants coming from Mexico are rapists and criminals. How is criticizing a small percentage of a very specific group of people from a country equal to racism, but deporting people because of their nationality is A-OK?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Then take issue with the Muslims. What Carter did was directed at Iranians, not Muslims.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Yeah, I am sure all 4 Baptist Iranians going home felt weird....

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

I'm puzzled by your ever shifting standards. When talking about Trump, you claim it's racist to say some illegal immigrants coming from Mexico are rapists and criminals.

I did not say that. What I said is that I can see why some would interpret that as racist.

How is criticizing a small percentage of a very specific group of people from a country equal to racism, but deporting people because of their nationality is A-OK?

I did not say it was ok. I said what Carter did was not directed at Muslims. It was directed at Iranians here on visas.

edit on 26-5-2016 by introvert because: added an 'e' on here

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Yeah, I am sure all 4 Baptist Iranians going home felt weird....

Do you concede that you were incorrect in your statement?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Further,

Iran is 99.4% Muslim. The US it it less than 1%. So, you are not talking about a large group of people who are coming from war torn countries. Why would you not want to vet them? He did not say ban he said stop immigration and find a way to allow good people in. What the hell is wrong with that?

Islam entered Iran and toppled the person we had put there.

Again, less than 1% of those in America who identify as religious are Muslim. Put controls in place now or you will wind up with al illegal immigration issue like you have with Latin and South America.

edit on 05pm31pmf0000002016-05-26T16:55:00-05:000400 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Then take issue with the Muslims. What Carter did was directed at Iranians, not Muslims.

The second the revolution began Iran ceased to exist.

It became a MUSLIM state.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

The second the revolution began Iran ceased to exist.

It became a MUSLIM state.

Irrelevant. Carter's EO's were not directed at Muslims. They were directed at Iranians. The comparison is laughable, regardless of how you guys want to spin this.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

LOL directed at WHO ?

The government ceased to EXIST.

Geez man.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join