It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump and the Spike in Anti-Muslim Hate Crimes in the U.S.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

You need some very thick skin to do so though... It's pretty tough having a political position that goes against conservatism on these forums these days.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You need some very thick skin to do so though... It's pretty tough having a political position that goes against conservatism on these forums these days.

We might lose some battles - but we have to think of the war. That's happening outside - and the numbers aren't on the side of reason in here. Lately this is crazy town, and for those yahoos that don't get this - there is no hope I don't think

Not that that should slow you down. You have some seriously thick skin - so, carry on

:-)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I don't even give a # about that issue. The poster above is right, hate crimes are in direct correlation to terrorist attacks, you know the kind where people get killed.

Do you care that innocent people are paying for those terrorist attacks? People that didn't participate?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Well I must say, it's support like yours that keeps me going. It's reassuring to know that at least some people can see where I'm coming from and don't just blindly disagree with me just because I said something that goes against their political principles.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You are not kidding, brother. It's tough standing firm when it's usually you versus a mob of Right Wing folks that shout down at you for believing something different than them.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I can see where I think your coming from, maybe. I agree crimes motivated by religion are wrong which i already said but there are numerous reasons for growing anti muslim anti Islam sentiment, which are not difficult to see the reasons for. This Islam thing as been around for 1400 ears and has a long history this is just a small chapter in the big picture, which you may be not so aware of... or maybe you are.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock
The reason it's been around so long though isn't just Islam's fault though. It's also Christianity's fault for perpetuating the equal hate back at the Muslim religion. Plus, throughout history, Muslims and Christians have switched sides over who was more barbaric socially than the other. While the Inquisition was going on in Spain, Muslims were inventing Algebra in the Middle East for instance.

At some point, one side needs to stop, step back, and say "Enough is enough. Let's be the better man and end the cycle of violence." Let's be that side. Especially since we contribute to killing FAR more Muslims than Muslims kill each other all from drones and various wars we are engaging throughout the world. Our hands aren't exactly clean here either.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I'm just going to pretend that you and I are having a private conversation...

This is going to go the way it's going to go - but history doesn't always repeat itself in exactly the same ways

There are people here that are obviously trolling. They enjoy what they think is a tit for tat situation. I'd like to believe that if it all really hit the fan, they'd come out on the right side

But - not for nothing Krazy - I'm not naive. There are people here who simply don't care, they do not give s sh!t about what might happen to innocent people so long as those people are not their people. In fact some are so small on their insides that they would love to hurt some people just so they can feel bigger. All they are waiting for is some kind of permission

Some just enjoy being on a winning team and they don't care if that entire team is dumber that a bag of fish bait

They'll complain that I just called them stupid and use that as both a reason and excuse to carry on with their ignorance and hate

All we have are words

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Awe, c'mon KS. Us Trump supporters get raked over the coals and get called all kinds of names. You're bigger than that, to play the victim. Let Hillary do that, she's a pro, always blaming the vast Right Wing conspiracy.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Speak for yourself. I've pretty much tapered my ATS visitation off because of the hostility from Trump supporters. In fact, yesterday I just came back from like a two week hiatus. And even then I usually don't stick with Trump threads for but a page or two, again because of the hostility. This thread is an example of why I'm doing that now. You were the only one who debated me seriously. Everyone else either insulted me, casually dismissed what I was saying without applying any critical thinking, or both.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

There are people here who simply don't care, they do not give s sh!t about what might happen to innocent people so long as those people are not their people.

But when push comes to shove, at the end of the day, when the SHTF, what you term 'their people', if I read you correctly, aren't they your friends and family? Won't they be the ones you give precedence to when the world goes to sh!t? You'll protect your own, you won't be holding hands with the rest of the world singing Kumbaya.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

But when push comes to shove, at the end of the day, when the SHTF, what you term 'their people', if I read you correctly, aren't they your friends and family? Won't they be the ones you give precedence to when the world goes to sh!t? You'll protect your own, you won't be holding hands with the rest of the world singing Kumbaya.

You tell yourself whatever you need to to make yourself feel better

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: C8H10N4O2

It's fun watching the left squirm.

Trump has yet to publicly say anything anti-Muslim. He simply believes in stricter screening for immigrants whether they come from a muslin country or any other country... Funny actually, the majority of voting Americans agree with him!

take off your rose tinted glasses. he said he wants to deport muslims. is that not anti muslim? or am i mistaken?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

The first amendment doesn't apply to ENEMIES OF THE STATE. Our children and mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, etc are NOT going to be destroyed/murdered by the army of satan. Go to Canada, hippy. God help us this country will wake up, and thankfully that looks like it's happening. We may finally stop leading ourselves to slaughter voluntarily.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Speak for yourself. I've pretty much tapered my ATS visitation off because of the hostility from Trump supporters. In fact, yesterday I just came back from like a two week hiatus. And even then I usually don't stick with Trump threads for but a page or two, again because of the hostility. This thread is an example of why I'm doing that now. You were the only one who debated me seriously. Everyone else either insulted me, casually dismissed what I was saying without applying any critical thinking, or both.

Just ignore them like I do. Or reply with a snarky comment and move on. I love doing the hit and run. It's like a suicide note, you get the last word. You can't take these people seriously. I approach this place thinking except for a few, no one possesses higher mental capabilities than I do. Sure a few might have expertise in a particular subject matter, but no one on here can prove things definitively like if there is a God or life after death, to name a few. You can't take life too seriously. You don't come out of it alive anyway.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

he said he wants to deport muslims.

He never said that. You are mistaken.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

You tell yourself whatever you need to to make yourself feel better

Ok. When the apocalypse hits I'll head to your place since you'll be taking in 7+ billion people.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder

originally posted by: C8H10N4O2

It's fun watching the left squirm.

Trump has yet to publicly say anything anti-Muslim. He simply believes in stricter screening for immigrants whether they come from a muslin country or any other country... Funny actually, the majority of voting Americans agree with him!

take off your rose tinted glasses. he said he wants to deport muslims. is that not anti muslim? or am i mistaken?

Um, he never said he wants to deport Muslims, only the illegal Mexicans.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

That is not entirely correct. When asked by a supporter "When can we get rid of them?", in reference to Muslims, Trump said "We're going to be looking at a lot of different things. You know, a lot of people are saying that, and a lot of people are saying that bad things are happening out there. We're going to look at that and plenty of other things".

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Domo1

That is not entirely correct. When asked by a supporter "When can we get rid of them?", in reference to Muslims, Trump said "We're going to be looking at a lot of different things. You know, a lot of people are saying that, and a lot of people are saying that bad things are happening out there. We're going to look at that and plenty of other things".

www.washingtonpost.com...

So where does he specifically say he'll deport Muslims? Or are you just extrapolating because you're anti_trump?

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join