It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump and the Spike in Anti-Muslim Hate Crimes in the U.S.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Why don't you explain to us why it's such a thread to the rest of the world but not here in America?

Explain that for me.

The whole anti-muslim argument is SUPER weak. Even George Bush didn't want to promote anti-muslims bigotry.

Anti-Muslim bigotry is indeed wrong and shouldn't be promoted by the likes of Trump. But we have the other candidate on the polar-opposite side. Hillary won't even use the words 'Islamic' and 'terrorist' in the same sentence. How are we (all people non-Muslim and Muslim alike in all countries affected by ISIS) supposed to defeat them if the probable leader of the free world can't even bring herself to identify them?

G W Bush found a way to do it for 8 years.
Obama Doesn’t Like To Say ‘Islamic Terrorism.’ Neither Did George W. Bush.

In fact, former President George W. Bush made a very similar remark in a speech he delivered to airline employees just weeks after the 9/11 attacks.

“Americans understand we fight not a religion,” he said. “Ours is not a campaign against the Muslim faith. Ours is a campaign against evil.”

Although the two have taken very different approaches to combatting terrorism, it’s strikingly hard to tell the difference between their statements on the divide between the majority of those who practice Islam and those who invoke the faith to carry out violence.

“There are thousands of Muslims who proudly call themselves Americans, and they know what I know — that the Muslim faith is based upon peace and love and compassion,” Bush once said.

Though I will say thank you to at least denouncing Trump's anti-muslim rhetoric. At least SOMEONE on the other side of the debate is willing to at the very least acknowledge its existence. Now we just need to work on you admitting that it is inspiring bigots to act out.
edit on 26-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock

You're right, and that's why I'm trying to give the religion a chance to join the 1st world by not blindly hating on them because of a few bad apples.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

So you finally admit that there's a problem with fundamental extremism in Islam.

Obviously I'm not talking.... wait wait I'm sick of being PC.

There's a problem period.

No I've said from the beginning that ALL religions have a fundamentalist problem. Christian and Judaism are no exception. Heck Christian fundamentalism tends to be more insidious. At least Muslims are just killing, murdering and torturing people. Christian fundamentalists try to legislate their intolerance. Then get gullible people such as yourself to support them.

Islam legislates intolerance... heard of the middle east by any chance bro...
Saudi, Iran, Pakistan just to name a few are majority muslim countries with Islamic laws dictated by the koran. So Islamic counties legislate sharia Islamic law and tend to be very intolerant. Try leaving Islam, insulting Islam, insulting the prophet in those countries and the penalty can be severe...
And I certainly agree that crimes motivated by intolerance of religious views are unacceptable. And so is terrorism.

I don't live in those countries. I live in the United States. So I will apply MY country's standards to my country, not the middle east's standards. Nice attempt at a deflection btw.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: unfor54k3n
No point in arguing with trump fanatics, their man can do no wrong. Theres been beatings on innocent muslims and hispanics throughout the year by some trump supporters.

Is that like the anti-Trump fanatics throwing bottles, rocks, and burning clothing at cops and helpless horses in NM the other night? Ya, the anti-Trump supporters are the epitome of peaceful protest.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Wilson was living in a time where racism was much worse that it is today,reversing policies on segregation I'm sure he knew would poll well among the majority of Americans at the time.

My point is the actions of the stupid individuals should be taken more seriously than Trump's rhetoric.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

True, some, not all, Trump supporters are bigots and I denounce them. But some on here say ALL Trump supporters are bigots. It's just as offensive as making the statement like ALL Muslims support ISIS, which you find ridiculous. Neither statement is true.

link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Geezes, they got to get in, first of all!

How are you going to prescreen them before setting foot on US soil?

Besides, it doesn't cover ILLEGALS, for heaven's sake!

Geezes, why don't you people ever look these things up before making claims?

Truth: Undocumented immigrants DO have legal rights under the U.S. Constitution and federal statute. As far back as 1896, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that: “The Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution is not confined to the protection of citizens.

Either you believe all muslims are originaly from
You can be a non-citizen and legal in the USA and be covered.

True

You stop giving out visas from certain countries and/or certain passports.

Yeah well, detaining and deporting them with a speedy due process, is not torture. lol.

You don't seem to understand. Muslims can be found in almost every country so certain county idea will not work.

As for visas and passports they do not indicate a persons religion.

As far as deporting them they ould already be on US soil and protected by the 14th amendment and there is already a law against discriminating against a religion.

Do you actually believe that Trump can stop people of a particular religion from coming to the US?

Yes.

You have a yemeni passport and flying out of somalia. Think you can be refused a visa?

There must be a breakdown in communication somewhere. You just answered that you believe Trump will be able to ban people of a specific faith from entering the US and you reasoning is you can track what country a person came from.

Do you also believe all Muslims are from Yemen and all people from Yemen are Muslim?

If so I hate to break it to ya, but the world is a lot bigger than that and that religion can be found in many countries.

link   

You didn't specify only USA. Not defelction at all, that is what you do. You just don't want to discuss Islam globally fine.

Islamic terrorism is a serious threat to many countries. Sept 11 was the biggest attack on US soil since Pearl harbour in WWII. An attack of such a scale in future is possible. Terrorists using chemical, biological or even nuclear weapons is possible at some point in the future.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Why don't you explain to us why it's such a thread to the rest of the world but not here in America?

Explain that for me.

The whole anti-muslim argument is SUPER weak. Even George Bush didn't want to promote anti-muslims bigotry.

Anti-Muslim bigotry is indeed wrong and shouldn't be promoted by the likes of Trump. But we have the other candidate on the polar-opposite side. Hillary won't even use the words 'Islamic' and 'terrorist' in the same sentence. How are we (all people non-Muslim and Muslim alike in all countries affected by ISIS) supposed to defeat them if the probable leader of the free world can't even bring herself to identify them?

G W Bush found a way to do it for 8 years.
Obama Doesn’t Like To Say ‘Islamic Terrorism.’ Neither Did George W. Bush.

In fact, former President George W. Bush made a very similar remark in a speech he delivered to airline employees just weeks after the 9/11 attacks.

“Americans understand we fight not a religion,” he said. “Ours is not a campaign against the Muslim faith. Ours is a campaign against evil.”

Although the two have taken very different approaches to combatting terrorism, it’s strikingly hard to tell the difference between their statements on the divide between the majority of those who practice Islam and those who invoke the faith to carry out violence.

“There are thousands of Muslims who proudly call themselves Americans, and they know what I know — that the Muslim faith is based upon peace and love and compassion,” Bush once said.

Though I will say thank you to at least denouncing Trump's anti-muslim rhetoric. At least SOMEONE on the other side of the debate is willing to at the very least acknowledge its existence. Now we just need to work on you admitting that it is inspiring bigots to act out.

ISIS didn't even exist eight years ago when GW was president. ISIS was born years later as a result of Bush's ill-fated ME nation building vision and affects on Syria.

How Isis came to be
Principally, Isis is the product of a genocide that continued unabated as the world stood back and watched. It is the illegitimate child born of pure hate and pure fear – the result of 200,000 murdered Syrians and of millions more displaced and divorced from their hopes and dreams. Isis's rise is also a reminder of how Bashar al-Assad's Machiavellian embrace of al-Qaida would come back to haunt him.

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 5jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

As you can see, with the rise of Donald Trump we are seeing a rise in anti-Muslim hate crimes. It has gotten to extreme levels. 174 incidents in 2015! Why are we letting Trump dictate that it is ok to be racist? Sure everyone likes to say, "well how do you know he's racist?" Ok forget that. Regardless if that man is racist or not, he is inspiring quite a few people who ARE racist to act more openly.

Go figure someone pushing intellectual DISHONESTY.

First off Islam/muslim aint' a RACE.

It's a religion.

Say it with me now r-e-l-i-g-i-o-n.

People aren't born religious. They learn out of a BOOK.

If this is the best Trump haters have ?

IF this is the best those TRUMPHOBES have ?

Trump will be the next Potus.
edit on 26-5-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

There has been plenty that I have disagreed with, when it comes to Trumps attitude and rhetoric.
He can and does do plenty wrong..
but to sit there, knowing deep in your heart that what your saying is BS and blame these instances on one statement, by one man, instead of two separate terror attacks where people DIED.
Then, to top it off, you use snarky little comments instead of trying to defend your position.
You do this because you know that the facts are not on your side.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator

Wilson was living in a time where racism was much worse that it is today,reversing policies on segregation I'm sure he knew would poll well among the majority of Americans at the time.

My point is the actions of the stupid individuals should be taken more seriously than Trump's rhetoric.

Actually wilson was living during a time when racism was at an all time low. Source

The new century saw a hardening of institutionalized racism and legal discrimination against citizens of African descent in the United States. Throughout this post Civil War period, racial stratification was informally and systemically enforced, in order to solidify the pre-existing social order. Although technically able to vote, poll taxes, pervasive acts of terror such as lynching in the United States (often perpetrated by groups such as the reborn Ku Klux Klan, founded in the Reconstruction South), and discriminatory laws such as grandfather clauses kept black Americans disenfranchised particularly in the South. Furthermore, discrimination extended to state legislation that "allocated vastly unequal financial support" for black and white schools. In addition to this, county officials sometimes redistributed resources earmarked for blacks to white schools, further undermining educational opportunities.[25] In response to de jure racism, protest and lobbyist groups emerged, most notably, the NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People) in 1909.

This time period is sometimes referred to as the nadir of American race relations because racism, segregation, racial discrimination, and expressions of white supremacy all increased. So did anti-black violence, including race riots such as the Atlanta Race Riot of 1906 and the Tulsa race riot of 1921.

Woodrow Wilson served as President from 1931 to 1921. So that is right smack dab in the middle of that time period. WW helped expand racism in this country with his policies and rhetoric.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

1931 to 1921

I think you smoked some bad granola

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This was just reported today, happened May 20. Damn that Trump. Oh, those tolerant Muslims. Remember, only non-Muslims are bigots.

A 70-year-old Christian woman has been stripped naked, beaten and paraded through the streets by a mob of around 300 Muslim men in a village in southern Egypt.

The mob also burned down seven homes belonging to Christian families, according to an unusually outspoken statement issued by the local Orthodox Coptic church, after rumours circulated in the village that a Christian man was having a relationship with a Muslim woman.

www.independent.co.uk...
edit on 5jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock

You didn't specify only USA. Not defelction at all, that is what you do. You just don't want to discuss Islam globally fine.

This thread is about Donald Trump's rhetoric's effect on tolerance towards Muslims in America. That was the very premise of the OP. Don't try to pull a "You didn't specify only USA" nonsense. Did you not read the OP? Looks like that's a no.

Islamic terrorism is a serious threat to many countries. Sept 11 was the biggest attack on US soil since Pearl harbour in WWII. An attack of such a scale in future is possible. Terrorists using chemical, biological or even nuclear weapons is possible at some point in the future.

There are tons of threats that are possible in our future. That doesn't mean we need to quiver in our boots about every little one. Muslim terrorism is pretty much a non-existent threat to America. 95% of all deaths due to muslim terrorism in this country occurred from 9/11. That was 3000 people. 100,000+ people die due to gun shots alone in this country.

Priorities matter. Muslims AREN'T a priority risk in this country, and pretending they are is bigoted.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

This was just reported today, happened May 20. Damn that Trump. Oh, those tolerant Muslims. Remember, only non-Muslims are bigots.

Wow. Talk about a dishonest strawman... I've already said several times in this thread that anyone can be bigoted. You should be ashamed! Especially since you tried to call me out for reaching earlier in the thread.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Relevance? Back then it was Alqueada or the Taliban.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Dishonest? Reaching? What, this didn't happen? I believe I've been more than objective throughout. I've called out Trump and his supporters, some of who are bigots. My point is, bigotry happens on all sides.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Dishonest? Reaching? What, this didn't happen? I believe I've been more than objective throughout. I've called out Trump and his supporters, some of who are bigots. My point is, bigotry happens on all sides.

Yea and I said so too. So don't make an argument like I haven't done that either. You are one of the few people debating against me's arguments that I still respect. You may not care about how I feel on that, but just giving you a heads up on how I stand with everyone in this thread. You may not have noticed, but I've steadily started ignoring certain posters' comments in this thread, because they have only snippy comments to add to it. I just don't appreciate when my argument is deliberately misrepresented like that.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The terrorist attacks in Brussels and Paris are probably driving this more than Trumps rhetoric. I highly doubt pointing out facts like the majority of refugees are men is driving any anti Muslim sentiment. Women being raped and people getting blown up will however drive anti Muslim sentiment. Not saying this is justified. Just saying this is another attempt to vilify Trump for something he may have talked about but is certainly not driving or promoting. It's a bit like the #NeverTrump protesters blaming the cars THEY set on fire on Trump. Like his presence simply makes people violent...

Had an interesting thought driving to work the other morning.
What is braver.
To be outwardly gay, feminist, Muslim, or conservative?
It's probably the latter. Considering simply going to a Trump/republican convention is liable to get you labeled a racist, bigot, woman hating, Hitler lover.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Islamic terrorism is not a threat? Sept 11 already happened. The threat is real. I guess you are the one with krazy in your name...
Muslims certainly are a terrorism threat which has been shown over and over and over again, but you deny reality for some bizarre reason.
And the USA only comment referred to your post which I quoted not the OP, just pointing out that it certainly happens in other countries and so could happen in US also in future. You just don't listen to reason and are only intersted in your own narrow regimented views. Enjoy Trump as pres bro if he wins...

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join