It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump and the Spike in Anti-Muslim Hate Crimes in the U.S.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This study is a joke. This thread has devolved into a joke.

Christian Extremists are a threat to Americans?

Climate change a bigger threat than islamic extremism?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

Just about everything is a bigger threat to Americans than Islamic extremism. I already posted the numbers of how many Americans have died to Islamic terrorism over the last 20 or so years. And almost all of those deaths came from 9/11.

That is just raw numbers there. Numbers don't lie, but you are doing a good job trying to ignore them.

And yes, climate change is the biggest threat to humans across the world. That is beyond obvious.

It's funny how when you haters run out of things to rant and rave about, you immediately default back to "this study is a joke". You are like the fifth person who ran out of arguments in this thread who has attempted that lazy rebuttal.
edit on 26-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Great talking point I love it.

The reason why is because we have been proceeding with caution.

What were talking about is keeping that number where it is and preventing a situation from happening like they have happening in Europe and the Middle East and what's now growing in North and Central Africa.

We definitely don't want to willingly bring it here.

Great talking point though I love it. Hear it a lot but I love it anyway.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Why don't you explain to us why it's such a thread to the rest of the world but not here in America?

Explain that for me.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

We already have those neighborhoods. They are called ghettos, and many of them are FAR more dangerous than anything in Europe. Muslims or no.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Not if they are all hot air and cannot follow through on their threats. Or do you think we should nuke N. Korea every time they start going on and on about nuking us?

Do you really want to go there? How many times has N. Korea mad good on their threats? How many islamists have made good on their threats?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

So how do we proceed with caution when it comes to Christian or Right Wing extremists?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Why don't you explain to us why it's such a thread to the rest of the world but not here in America?

Explain that for me.

Why? You already ignored me the first time I posted raw numbers proving this statement. You clearly aren't looking at this objectively and are just arguing with me for the sake of arguing.

Here. I'll post a link to those numbers. Look it was a post that was directed at YOU!
www.abovetopsecret.com...
And if you pretend like that doesn't answer your question, here is a repost of the link in that post.
www.start.umd.edu...
Since 1995, there have been 3264 fatalities due to terrorism in the United States. How many people died due to gun violence just LAST year? Exactly. The whole anti-muslim argument is SUPER weak. Even George Bush didn't want to promote anti-muslims bigotry.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Geezes, they got to get in, first of all!

How are you going to prescreen them before setting foot on US soil?

Besides, it doesn't cover ILLEGALS, for heaven's sake!

Geezes, why don't you people ever look these things up before making claims?

Truth: Undocumented immigrants DO have legal rights under the U.S. Constitution and federal statute. As far back as 1896, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that: “The Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution is not confined to the protection of citizens.

You can be a non-citizen and legal in the USA and be covered.

True

You stop giving out visas from certain countries and/or certain passports.

Yeah well, detaining and deporting them with a speedy due process, is not torture. lol.

You don't seem to understand. Muslims can be found in almost every country so certain county idea will not work.

As for visas and passports they do not indicate a persons religion.

As far as deporting them they ould already be on US soil and protected by the 14th amendment and there is already a law against discriminating against a religion.

Do you actually believe that Trump can stop people of a particular religion from coming to the US?

Yes.

You have a yemeni passport and flying out of somalia. Think you can be refused a visa?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: harvestdog

Not if they are all hot air and cannot follow through on their threats. Or do you think we should nuke N. Korea every time they start going on and on about nuking us?

Do you really want to go there? How many times has N. Korea mad good on their threats? How many islamists have made good on their threats?

Yes. Let's go there. How many Islamists HAVE made good on their threats? Here's the numbers:
www.start.umd.edu...
Now how many threats have been made by Islamic terrorists since 1995? Do you have those numbers? Or are you pretending like there have been exactly 510 threats made by Islamic terrorists since 95? I don't have that number either, but I'd wager that Islamic terrorists have made FAR more than 500 threats of terrorism since then and I'd be willing to bet that the proportion of threats to actual terrorist attacks is so low its near zero. JUST like N. Korea.
edit on 26-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Kali74

There's a problem with Fundamentalist Extremism in anything. Islamic Extremism isn't more dangerous than Christian or Jewish Extremism.

Complete BS.

Right now fundamental extremism from Islamic terrorist is the world's biggest threat

Are you guys playing a practice joke?

No it isn't. Currently, the world's biggest threat is man made climate change. As well as all the other environmental damage we are doing outside of climate change impacts.

Bernie, is that you?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: harvestdog
This study is a joke. This thread has devolved into a joke.

Christian Extremists are a threat to Americans?

Climate change a bigger threat than islamic extremism?

I know, right?

Ya can't make this stuff up!

Oh wait...

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Go on. Tell me this isn't Trump's fault.

But it isn't...
Trump is not responsible for his supporters actions in anyway,his rhetoric is just that rhetoric.
What his supporters do at their own discretion whether they explicitly state that they were inspired by Trumps rhetoric or not is still the result of their own stupidity. I said the same about Bernie supporters who acted a fool during trump rallies,it's still at the individual's discretion.

Unless you can cite an example where Trump explicitly states he wants his supporters to attack Muslims than all of this is just a correlation to a problem of bigotry that has existed prior to trumps birth. Even then,it's still left to his supporters discretion whether or not they want to act. I'm sorry but your making it seem like his supporters are nothing but mindless drones who have nothing better do to than allow Trump to dictate their actions.

I get what you're saying here but you're realllllllllllly grasping for something that logically doesn't add up.

edit on 5pm31America/Chicago3112America/Chicagopm511 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Oh right I forgot the entire world is the United states the rest of the world doesn't exist.

Ok time to leave.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Catch ya around. I'm off, hopefully I don't punch a muslim because Trump told me to.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Oh right I forgot the entire world is the United states the rest of the world doesn't exist.

Ok time to leave.

You asked me why terrorists weren't a threat to America and I gave you the answer. Now you are including the rest of the world? Moving the goal posts back.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Explain that for me.

The whole anti-muslim argument is SUPER weak. Even George Bush didn't want to promote anti-muslims bigotry.

Anti-Muslim bigotry is indeed wrong and shouldn't be promoted by the likes of Trump. But we have the other candidate on the polar-opposite side. Hillary won't even use the words 'Islamic' and 'terrorist' in the same sentence. How are we (all people non-Muslim and Muslim alike in all countries affected by ISIS) supposed to defeat them if the probable leader of the free world can't even bring herself to identify them?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator
The long-forgotten racial attitudes and policies of Woodrow Wilson

Born in Virginia and raised in Georgia and South Carolina, Wilson was a loyal son of the old South who regretted the outcome of the Civil War. He used his high office to reverse some of its consequences. When he entered the White House a hundred years ago today, Washington was a rigidly segregated town — except for federal government agencies. They had been integrated during the post-war Reconstruction period, enabling African-Americans to obtain federal jobs and work side by side with whites in government agencies. Wilson promptly authorized members of his cabinet to reverse this long-standing policy of racial integration in the federal civil service.

Cabinet heads — such as his son-in-law, Secretary of the Treasury William McAdoo of Tennessee – re-segregated facilities such as restrooms and cafeterias in their buildings. In some federal offices, screens were set up to separate white and black workers. African-Americans found it difficult to secure high-level civil service positions, which some had held under previous Republican administrations.

A delegation of black professionals led by Monroe Trotter, a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Harvard and Boston newspaper editor, appeared at the White House to protest the new policies. But Wilson treated them rudely and declared that “segregation is not a humiliation but a benefit, and ought to be so regarded by you gentlemen.”

I'm sure that WW didn't tell people to go out and beat black people either, but black racial prejudice still came back during his Presidency because of his racist policies.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
No point in arguing with trump fanatics, their man can do no wrong. Theres been beatings on innocent muslims and hispanics throughout the year by some trump supporters.

The man is able to brainwash the stupidest of people who walk amongst us (probably already hateful) and embolden them to commit these types of crimes that much is obvious. I don't blame all trump supporters nor do I condone rioting at his events everyone is entitled to free speech even if you don't agree with it but its a disservice to say he hasn't brought out the worst in some people and created an even further divided nation.

What blows my mind is that even here on ATS where we know about the shenanigans of the powers that be people still worship him like he is going to change things and help them. They should know by now that it doesn't matter who is in office the agenda will move forward. I expected better from this community but now most threads are full of left/right nonsense instead of what made ATS great.

I knew more of this would happen months ago when this article came out, and it has not stopped since, it is just not blasted on the mainstream media so much as it is at the local level news across the country. At the end of the day though it wont matter who is in office the titanic is sinking and nobody is talking about the real issues to help save it.

Boston Globe Passionate Trump Supporters Beat Homeless
edit on 26-5-2016 by unfor54k3n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

You're right, and that's why I'm trying to give the religion a chance to join the 1st world by not blindly hating on them because of a few bad apples.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

So you finally admit that there's a problem with fundamental extremism in Islam.

Obviously I'm not talking.... wait wait I'm sick of being PC.

There's a problem period.

No I've said from the beginning that ALL religions have a fundamentalist problem. Christian and Judaism are no exception. Heck Christian fundamentalism tends to be more insidious. At least Muslims are just killing, murdering and torturing people. Christian fundamentalists try to legislate their intolerance. Then get gullible people such as yourself to support them.

Islam legislates intolerance... heard of the middle east by any chance bro...
Saudi, Iran, Pakistan just to name a few are majority muslim countries with Islamic laws dictated by the koran. So Islamic counties legislate sharia Islamic law and tend to be very intolerant. Try leaving Islam, insulting Islam, insulting the prophet in those countries and the penalty can be severe...
And I certainly agree that crimes motivated by intolerance of religious views are unacceptable. And so is terrorism.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join