It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump and the Spike in Anti-Muslim Hate Crimes in the U.S.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

The fact that you think that's supposed to shock 'us' is hilarious.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

No one is blaming an entire religion

Clearly they are or this thread wouldn't exist.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: UnBreakable

Just because you take disagreement from others as hate doesn't mean I do. I generally don't except where warranted, like with blanket statements for example.

I don't take disagreement as hate. I'm saying it seems others (most) do. I just like having healthy discussions/debates where disagreements are expected. I don't automatically label someone who disagrees with me as a hater.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Geezes, they got to get in, first of all!

How are you going to prescreen them before setting foot on US soil?

Besides, it doesn't cover ILLEGALS, for heaven's sake!

Geezes, why don't you people ever look these things up before making claims?

Truth: Undocumented immigrants DO have legal rights under the U.S. Constitution and federal statute. As far back as 1896, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that: “The Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution is not confined to the protection of citizens.

You can be a non-citizen and legal in the USA and be covered.

True

You stop giving out visas from certain countries and/or certain passports.

Yeah well, detaining and deporting them with a speedy due process, is not torture. lol.

You don't seem to understand. Muslims can be found in almost every country so certain county idea will not work.

As for visas and passports they do not indicate a persons religion.

As far as deporting them they ould already be on US soil and protected by the 14th amendment and there is already a law against discriminating against a religion.

Do you actually believe that Trump can stop people of a particular religion from coming to the US?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: onequestion

By that same token. Notice that neither America, nor the majority of 1st world Europe are on that list. Thus Christians AREN'T in danger from Muslims in those countries, thus the fears towards them in those countries are unfounded.

Christians are in danger in many middle eastern countries where Sharia and Islamic law are nationalised why don't you put a cross on your neck and go walk around Karachi or Kabul or Ramada and tell me how it goes.

Yeah well so are moderate muslims. Newflash, it isn't safe to be anyone but a fundamentalist in those areas. That isn't a failing of Muslims though. It is just part of fundamentalism.

There's a very clear bias here to defend Muslims but not Christians and realllllllllly OBVIOUS

But hey Christians were bad during the 1500s 8 mean Catholics, sorry not the same thin g my bad

Which Christians are being persecuted in the United States? I never expected a Christian Persecution Complex to come from you... Oh well. It's lazy arguing so I won't address it any further than this.

Fundamental what?

You can't just have fundamentalism. The agenda with you is real. It's like your not even trying.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

This is hilarious. You (specifically and plural) say all this hateful crap constantly, against the Left, against Muslims, against whatever the click bait group of the month is... but cry when you get called a hater.
edit on 5/26/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Your right about that.

We need to vet immigrants from these parts of the world better.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

No it's like you are trying too hard to blame Muslims. Because you are terrified of them. If I were to say fundamentalist Muslims, you would take that as cue to start labeling Muslims as dangerous, and I'm not going to give you that obvious bait.
edit on 26-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Muslims are dangerous from the middle east.

Maybe not all of them better there's an I intrinsic connection between their faith and their practice. Stop trying to ignore that fact.

Catholics had the same problem before the reformation. Many religions have gone through this phase.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Muslims are dangerous from the middle east.

No ISIS is dangerous. Muslims from the middle east are just as likely to be moderate as any other Muslim in the world.

Maybe not all of them better there's an I intrinsic connection between their faith and their practice. Stop trying to ignore that fact.

No there isn't. Your problem rests solely with Wahhabism, not Islam in general. This speaks to how misinformed you are on this topic.

Catholics had the same problem before the reformation. Many religions have gone through this phase.

You're right, and that's why I'm trying to give the religion a chance to join the 1st world by not blindly hating on them because of a few bad apples.

Here, try taking your head out of the sand for a second and check these statistics out, then come back and tell me that Muslims are dangerous.
American Deaths in Terrorist Attacks

What's really eye opening about that is how prior to 9/11 terrorist attacks were MORE frequent than they were after 9/11. Yet somehow we think that CURRENTLY they pose a great threat to us. Lol. Such idiocy...

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

So? What does that have to do with anything? I'm talking about this country, and possibly as an extension 1st world Europe. After all Trump is running for President of the United States, not Iraq or Syria.

Like I've said earlier, even moderate muslims aren't welcome there. Pointing out the dangers of those countries is like pointing out that the sky is blue. Everyone who isn't ISIS is in danger of being killed there. So blaming Muslims for ISIS is intellectually dishonest and bigoted.

Dishonest and bigoted? Of course, blaming all Muslims for ISIS is absurd. But the reality is even though all Muslims who follow Islam aren't ISIS, all ISIS follow Islam. They're sure as hell not Christian. To deny this reality is being intellectually dishonest.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

lol
source is www.salon.com
If you keep only looking at biased sources, it will skew your common sense.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

So? What does that have to do with anything? I'm talking about this country, and possibly as an extension 1st world Europe. After all Trump is running for President of the United States, not Iraq or Syria.

Like I've said earlier, even moderate muslims aren't welcome there. Pointing out the dangers of those countries is like pointing out that the sky is blue. Everyone who isn't ISIS is in danger of being killed there. So blaming Muslims for ISIS is intellectually dishonest and bigoted.

Dishonest and bigoted? Of course, blaming all Muslims for ISIS is absurd. But the reality is even though all Muslims who follow Islam aren't ISIS, all ISIS follow Islam. They're sure as hell not Christian. To deny this reality is being intellectually dishonest.

So what? There are terrible Christian denominations too. We've all heard their names before. Though I'm sure if I were to mention them, more than a few so-called Christians would immediately get indignant and start playing a one upmans game of which religion has the more evil fundamentalists. Like that somehow excuses people from their camp behaving awfully. The point is that you can take any bad situation, spin it out of hand, and make a whole group look evil. And that is EXACTLY what is being done to Muslims, especially when it applies to them being in the States.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

lol
source is www.salon.com
If you keep only looking at biased sources, it will skew your common sense.

How many sources have you posted? 0? Right. You have no say anyways.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

This is hilarious. You (specifically and plural) say all this hateful crap constantly, against the Left, against Muslims, against whatever the click bait group of the month is... but cry when you get called a hater.

Can you please provide sources where I used the word 'hate' against any group you listed? Thanks in advance. Or is it you who deems things as hateful? I didn't realize you're the official thought police on here and have the ability to categorize my replies as being hateful.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Though police... right. You didn't use the word hate, congrats? Do you guys really think that's all it takes to not be a bigot?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
There is no constitutional right to be in the U.S., or remain in the country, illegally.

There is nothing in the constitution that says that we MUST admit Muslim refugees.

When we do admit refugees, it must be on OUR terms. The US and US citizens should always be the most important priority to the US government. And when there is proof that the vetting system is not sufficiently protecting US citizens, we are under no obligation, constitutionally or otherwise, to admit anyone into this country.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

No ISIS is dangerous. Muslims from the middle east are just as likely to be moderate as any other Muslim in the world.

No there isn't. Your problem rests solely with Wahhabism, not Islam in general. This speaks to how misinformed you are on this topic.

Never heard of Hezbollah? Am I misinformed?

Here, try taking your head out of the sand for a second and check these statistics out, then come back and tell me that Muslims are dangerous.

Luckily we Americans are locked and loaded and the Islamists are mainly trying to gain a foothold through infiltration. When they pop off we tend to pop off and they end up like those 2 in Texas.
We Americans who have the internet can easily find what European countries are dealing with as relates to islamic refugees and their violence.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: harvestdog

Never heard of Hezbollah? Am I misinformed?

... That wasn't the point I was making. I was trying to establish that the threat of danger is isolated to a few and isn't representative of the whole, but in any case, they still fall under Wahhabism. Which I did mention.

Luckily we Americans are locked and loaded and the Islamists are mainly trying to gain a foothold through infiltration. When they pop off we tend to pop off and they end up like those 2 in Texas.
We Americans who have the internet can easily find what European countries are dealing with as relates to islamic refugees and their violence.

That isn't lucky. That is bigoted preparation, and as I just proved is COMPLETELY unfounded. Though it's funny how you spun low terrorist attack numbers around into a threat. Wait, funny wasn't the word. Depressing.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Still no sources huh? Guess you still have nothing to say.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join