It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China to send nuclear-armed submarines into Pacific amid tensions with US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

The Chinese military is poised to send submarines armed with nuclear missiles into the Pacific Ocean for the first time, arguing that new US weapons systems have so undermined Beijing’s existing deterrent force that it has been left with no alternative.

The plot thins.

All those cat and mouse games we played by sending warships and spy planes, at our not so neighbors, are finally accomplishing the task.
Now China is the aggressor?
I guess Isis theatrical is weapping up; much the talibans and queada (et al).
This better make the bloody news instead of trump and trans (T&T)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Reaction to the US removing the weapons embargo on Vietnam.

Probably be good for the planet as a whole, monopolies don't work and you need competition. If China's cruising around in its subs it might make the US hesitant to throw its weight around so much... which is good news for all!

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Chinese subs that can surface in the middle of a Carrier Battle Group during combat drills.

I would be very worried.

Sort of like the cold war, with nukes and all.

P

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I am not worried... what do you think our subs will be doing.. find it and shadow it non-stop.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Is this about those international territories China is attempting to claim for herself, again?

The article is doing a great job at demonising the US, but if I remember correctly, China attempted to expand its territories by building artificial islands into international waters and then, just to top it off, she sent a warship right inside the US's territorial waters.

I guess the US is the big bad guy and China just can't quite use a map right?

edit on 26-5-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Musical Chairs but only China was playing..

Here is an older 2012 Paper that explains the situation quite well.. ( Oil & Gas, mmmm )

As China’s military and economic influence has grown throughout the world, Beijing appears to have become more bold, brash and brazen in its claim to territories believed to be rich with oil and natural gas across the Asia-Pacific. The latest attempt to achieve just that is the watermark on China’s new e-passports depicting its map, which has ended up insulting and offending most of its sovereign neighbours. The map shows disputed islands in the South China Sea as Chinese territory. Three separate pages in the new e-passports include China’s so-called “nine-dash” map of the sea that extends hundreds of miles south from China’s Hainan Island to the equatorial waters off the coast of Borneo. The map includes the Spratly island chain, which is the subject of overlapping claims by five other countries including: 1. Taiwan; 2. Vietnam; 3. Brunei; 4. Malaysia; and 5. The Philippines.

dkmatai.tumblr.com...

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

The Chinese military is poised to send submarines armed with nuclear missiles into the Pacific Ocean for the first time, arguing that new US weapons systems have so undermined Beijing’s existing deterrent force that it has been left with no alternative.

The plot thins.

All those cat and mouse games we played by sending warships and spy planes, at our not so neighbors, are finally accomplishing the task.
Now China is the aggressor?
I guess Isis theatrical is weapping up; much the talibans and queada (et al).
This better make the bloody news instead of trump and trans (T&T)

Thickens*......The plot thickens

Sorry. Couldn't help myself
edit on 0011Thursday112016-05-26T08:11:00-05:001100 5 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Personally i don't see any of our super powers ever launching a full scale nuclear attack against another down to the fact that is been a M.A.D world since the 1950s.

They know the score and understand the implications and the consequences that would follow any significant exchange of nuclear weaponry.

So why bother as to China's posturing because end of the day, just like the rest, where nuclear weapons are concerned, there full of hot air.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Chinese subs that can surface in the middle of a Carrier Battle Group during combat drills.

I would be very worried.

P

Heh, probabaly not many people remember that. Or how about the supposed missile launch off of the coast of California when Obama was over in Asia trying to put the brakes on China.

Off on a tangent. You cannot be a great military power without also being a great financial one. Something to keep in mind for the next few years.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Personally i don't see any of our super powers ever launching a full scale nuclear attack against another down to the fact that is been a M.A.D world since the 1950s.

They know the score and understand the implications and the consequences that would follow any significant exchange of nuclear weaponry.

So why bother as to China's posturing because end of the day, just like the rest, where nuclear weapons are concerned, there full of hot air.

Sometime, somewhere, eventually nukes will be used. Just depends on how desperate whatever nation and it's leaders get. As an example, we used them twice because of a "world war" and it was to our advantage. That desperation will likely be brought on by an increasing population coupled with decreasing resources. Why do you think so many nations have nukes and other want them badly. It's the ultimate stick to get respect with and beat your opponent down.

Also, have you ever read up on population collapse in the animal world and what brought it about? A species become wildly successful with ample food and no competitors. This causes it to shoot past the carrying capacity of it's environment. At first it shoots past it's carrying capacity for a while before resources truly and properly dry up. Then it gets ugly as hell until the population is much smaller than it originally started out as. Hmmm, makes me thing of the Georgia guidestones.

China is not going to be disrespected and if I was Japan I'd be quaking in my boots in a bad bad way. Not because China is gonna put the smack down next week. It's just that eventually Japan will start to fold that post 50's economy while China grows. Once we can no longer defend Japan their days are truly numbered.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Yea, interesting outdated, and clever looking 'map' illustration in the article indeed.

Stand-offs between Chinese vessels and the Philippine and Vietnamese navies in the South China Sea have become much more common as China increases patrols in these waters believed to hold vast reserves of oil and natural gas. There are concerns that those maritime disputes could escalate into violence. ....

The United States, which has said it takes no sides in the territorial spats, considers ensuring safe maritime traffic in the waters to be in its national interest. The US has backed a call for a “code of conduct” to prevent clashes in the disputed territories

I mean really? Whats in our drinking water dumbing us down.

The US just left visited Vietnam on the way to G7 ( where at least one official was spied on by the US's spying programs, we got caught...)

"China is resolutely opposed to individual countries hyping up the South China Sea for personal gain," she said.

U.S. President Barack Obama called on China on Wednesday to resolve maritime disputes peacefully and he reiterated that the United States was simply concerned about freedom of navigation and overflight in the region

reuters

edit on 26-5-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

I would be very worried.

P

Which was ALLOWED to happen because the navy needed a excuse for more funding and to retire some old brass who wouldnt play ball anymore. And Right after they got their funding. You have to understand how the game is played in military funding.

Also you have to allow your enemies to think they have the upper hand from time to time as well.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Reaction to the US removing the weapons embargo on Vietnam.

Probably be good for the planet as a whole, monopolies don't work and you need competition. If China's cruising around in its subs it might make the US hesitant to throw its weight around so much... which is good news for all!

Umm..yes. A communist dictatorship with a highly aggressive reputation for violence is now cruising the Pacific armed to the teeth with nukes. That's really wonderful news. Anti-americanism on this level is very sad indeed.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358
China is highly unpredictable and damgerous. Only the US, with a strong leader, will be in a position to keep them in check. They are a threat to all their neighbours...the biggest bully on the block as it were.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Is this about those international territories China is attempting to claim for herself, again?

The article is doing a great job at demonising the US, but if I remember correctly, China attempted to expand its territories by building artificial islands into international waters and then, just to top it off, she sent a warship right inside the US's territorial waters.

I guess the US is the big bad guy and China just can't quite use a map right?
funny that. China threatens its neighbours, but its the US that is the bad guy?? Lol!

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Yes, those naughty Chinese for building a couple of airports near their mainland in the ocean...how dare they.

You will never find the US with secret military islands in the Oceans......

Oh, I forgot about Hawaii......

Oh, and Guam......

and Diego Garcia.....

The Philllipines.....

Australia...

Ok....China can have an island too.......

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
Yes, those naughty Chinese for building a couple of airports near their mainland in the ocean...how dare they.

Oh, and Guam......

and Diego Garcia.....

The Philllipines.....

Australia...

Hawaii is a secret Island.....wow. The Japanese found it without a problem when it was just a territory governed by the US and now it's a state.

Australia is a country. No secret bases there.

The Phillipines is a country. No secret bases there.

....also, none of these are MANUFACTURED ISLANDS.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Oh for heavens sake, calm down people. The Chinese have a grand total of four missile subs at the moment. Given that the fact that they have to be maintained, all four are almost never at sea at the same time. In addition they are very noisy subs. If they ever sortied in anger they'd be easy to track down.
edit on 27-5-2016 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: gort51

Oh, and Guam......

and Diego Garcia.....

The Philllipines.....

Australia...

According to international law CHina is in the wrong by building that Island in international waters.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Hawaii is a secret Island.....wow. The Japanese found it without a problem when it was just a territory governed by the US and now it's a state..

The "LoL" response of all-time ^.. close the thread.. I'm dyin' over here!

NW.
edit on 12-7-2016 by NWSaint because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join