It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casey Anthony's lawyer admits she killed daughter Caylee, investigator says

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I would think it would be obstruction of justice or something.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Imagine if he found the body and even helped move it?! He was never tried and the courts would throw the book at him! So if any of this is true, he done messed up.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I am sure she did it as many are, but the trial is over and there is no new evidence to justify new charges.

This is all hearsay there is nothing solid. Maybe someone will get a book deal out of it. The police bungled a lot and the prosecutors did a poor job so it is over. They will not get a chance to put her on trial again.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

What to make of it?

Jeopardy is attached so she is Scott free. In this case I dont even think new, compelling evidence not used the first time around could be used, especially considering where the info here is coming from.

The lawyer, if talking about this, most likely broke attorney-client privilege. He could be disbarred from practicing law among other things.
edit on 26-5-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
He worked for her parents. George and Cindy.
He approached Baez but Baez thought he was a nut. He never worked for her defense.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

He's not even an attorney. He's a self proclaimed private investigator.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

She was acquitted.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Ok. So when is the book coming out?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Not many people know this but Baez is a happily married man with a strong family. He and his wife Lorena had a baby during the time of the investigation.
Jeff Ashton painted such a picture of a wild slug that Mr Casey just picked up on that.
He tried so hard to be relevant during the she ordeal.
A disgusting individual.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I don't think she murdered her daughter but I do think she was responsible for her death through negligence. I do believe she drowned, that Casey found her and panicked. It was an accident that snowballed out of control. I do not believe her father abused her or had anything to do with hiding caylee.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Exactly.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

What to make of it?

Jeopardy is attached so she is Scott free. In this case I dont even think new, compelling evidence not used the first time around could be used, especially considering where the info here is coming from.

The lawyer, if talking about this, most likely broke attorney-client privilege. He could be disbarred from practicing law among other things.

Actually she could be charged with anything besides what she was found innocent under US law. There are dozens of murder type charges she could be retried under. If the original charge was murder 1 she just couldn't be charged with that again, that's what double jeopardy is.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Good plot for a new episode of Law & Order Special Victims Unit.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

Sure and depending on the jury instructions those jurors may have had an option to convict her of a lesser charge. Secondly we run into the issue of a "lesser included offense" which can be a component of the charge she was charged with.

As an example from my state if you enter someones property without permission its trespassing. If you break into the residence on that property its burglary. The person can only be charged with the trespassing or the burglary but not both as trespassing is a lesser included offense of burglary (IE in order to burglarize the residence you had to trespass to do it.

Absent new compelling evidence that was never used in the original trial she cannot be charged. Also we need to know what the lawyer was doing sharing privileged information. If this new evidence came from information that is covered by attorney-client privilege no judge will ever let it be used.

Finally double jeopardy is not limited to one specific crime. Double jeopardy is where you charge a person again for the same crime or a similar crime.
edit on 26-5-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: boogiegk
I always thought she did it. She can not be tried again for murder.

But could they try her for a civil rights issue?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Casey Anthony's lawyer admits she killed daughter Caylee,

Wait! Her lawyer did it?
edit on 05Thu, 26 May 2016 09:35:53 -0500920165America/Chicago by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

edit on 05Thu, 26 May 2016 10:03:14 -05001020165America/Chicago by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Nope.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

The T&C requires that I copy the headline from the article word for word in the title of the thread.

Hmmm, not sure about that.

But I dont think there is a rule against creating a thread title which paraphrases the content of the article.

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Well... I'm pretty sure that would get him disbarred. Among other things.

Regardless, how is it Dominic Casey's business if Casey Anthony is having sex with her attorney?

Its obviously not.

Seems like Dominic Casey may have an agenda or is upset about something.

edit on 26-5-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
When this case was happening in real time I belonged to a missing people forum...

There were people who were close to the case that posted there (supposedly confirmed by site owners) one was Jesse's dad and the other was Casey's bf at the time I think his name was Tony; although they never said much.....

Anyway there were rumors way back then that Casey was caught naked in Baez office and that they were having an improper relationship..So since I heard these rumors and more along time ago I tend to believe Dominic Casey..

If memory serves right people couldn't believe Baez wasn't disbarred.I want to say he was reported but I can't remember....
edit on 26-5-2016 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Regardless, how is it Dominic Casey's business if Casey Anthony is having sex with her attorney?

Its obviously not.

Seems like Dominic Casey may have an agenda or is upset about something.

Well sure, it definitely seems that way. But it doesn't mean that the allegations aren't true, even if they are way out there. I guess we will just have to wait to hear more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join