It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender woman wins landmark discrimination case forcing ferry firm to remove the words 'ladies

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
if i may...

how does it "feel" to be a female versus a male? do males experience an existential quality that is different from that of females? how do you know you feel more like a penis than a vagina? who i am is not defined by my genitalia, so its somewhat confusing to see people coddling their gender identities like spoiled pets. as though implying you enjoy or respect anything other than what they are is a profound insult to their validity as a person. it gets to a point where i feel that it almost mocks people who are or have historically been objectified according to their gender, ethnicity, etc. "oooh, they get attention for being a victim? i wanna be a victim!" enter transgender controversy.

grandstanding is a pretty effective distraction tactic for a country with the attention span of a youtube video.

Perhaps you can tell us what it "feels like" to be your gender then?

That might be a good place to start the comparison. Care to?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I think that's kinda the point he's trying to make.

No man has a reference by which he can measure how he feels and reach a conclusion.

In order to do so you'd have to exist as the opposite sex first.

If it was someone who had been reincarnated, maybe - you know, I was a man in a previous life and it felt exactly like this! Even then, who's to say being a different sex 'feels' like anything? For all we know humans think and feel exactly like cats...it's unlikely but have you ever been a cat?

No...nor have you been the opposite sex. It's a delusion...I don't 'feel' like a man, I didn't have my brain tell me - 'by the way you're a chap!'

This was dictated by nature, not my brain. If I gave in to every though, idea or notion my brain produced over the years I'd be a shaqolin/pirate monk who travels the world solving mysteries.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

It's anecdotal evidence, on top of common sense, sprinkled with good old logic, sandwiched between understanding the equal rights of everyone.

This girl gets it. You'd be wise to take out a pen and paper.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Oh my, someone didn't watch an offered Youtuber's take on this.

There's videos about flying saucers, ghosts and sasquatch as well.

Since when does the fact that someone uploaded a video establish scientific validity for those topics as well?

Here's some real statistics about Trans* folks and violent crimes:

Hate Crimes against Transgender People In America Tripled Last Year (2014)

FBI 2014 Hate Crimes Statistics

More Transgender People Have Been Killed in 2015 Than Any Other Year on Record

FBI 2015 Hate Crimes Statistics

... and so on.

edit on 27-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

It's anecdotal evidence, on top of common sense, sprinkled with good old logic, sandwiched between understanding the equal rights of everyone.

What would I write on it? "Everybody deserves to use the bathroom appropriate to their gender!" 100 times?

Would you get it then?

Too bad you put that fine sandwich in your big bag of confirmation bias, eh?

Let me borrow the pen for another moment and I'll write "BOLOGNA" on the outside for you.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

Well, perhaps we can let TzarChasm answer for themselves? Rather than guessing on their behalf?

What gender are you?

Describe how it feels to be your gender.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

She's in a protected environment. That will end.

But, its great she has a school and students that accept her.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

He is exactly the type of person the transgender community should be promoting. Here is a young person who understands what issues, right or wrong, he will have to face and overcome. His approach is going to earn him the respect he deserves from both sides of the fence.

In reference to the ferry company case, I still say there is more to this story then we are being told. All this story has done is pit transgender females against non-transgender females. Was that really the writer's agenda?

It should not matter if we are transgender females or biologically born females, we need to work together as FEMALES towards real women's issues and this is not one of them.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

You're comparing the very real possibility that sex offenders and murderers have and could use this situation to commit crimes with allegations of UFO's?

I haven't always agreed with you but in previous posts and threads you seems well grounded and quite reasonable...but your last two posts would suggest otherwise.

The video I liked gives a list of names, mugshots and other information that is relevant and factual...I'm not talking about spaceships.

What a lame attempt to try and debunk something you clearly didn't even bother looking into.

At least Annee has the decency to scan the title of an article before making her mad assumptions, or to ask a friend to educate her.

You simply dismissed it as some silly UFO video.

Tell me again about how ignorant and bigotted I am...I like that part.

What a joke.

I'm out, this is like trying to deprogram a Westboro victim, it ain't ever gonna happen.

Night.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

Not at all.

I'm pointing out that anyone can post a video. There's no fact-check, no references or citations.

Are you familiar with giving a proof "ad absurdum"? That encapsulates my comments about your video and the comparison I made to put it in perspective.

Did you do any personal research to discover the facts of what was presented in your video?

I'd like to hear you answer that question honestly before you move on to critiquing my post (which I'll be glad to review with you if it's on topic).

Care to tell the truth on that one?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

She'd undoubtably teach you a fair amount about this issue and life in general, yet I'm not sure she'd be willing to help you.

From what I understand, she looks down on the white knight SJW types. As I said, she's a mature, big picture type.
edit on 27-5-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

She'd undoubtably teach you a fair amount about this issue and life in general, yet I'm not sure she'd be willing to help you.

From what I understand, she looks down on the white knight SJW types. As I said, she's a mature, big picture type.

Using a 16 year old f/m transgender to support your politics?

I wonder what you'd have to say if she thought differently.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Yes, yes, talk about your opinion of me ... yada-yada.

That's really on-topic or of interest to anyone.

Anything about the situation on the Ferry in Jersey?

Anything about laws regarding gender identity equal rights?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

What was that unkind word that people used to use for such blatant ill use of another person?

Tokenizing, I think. I wonder how the young lady would react to being used in a political argument that has talked about "her kind" as being perverted, deviant, disgusting, dangerous, etc?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Watcher777

He is exactly the type of person the transgender community should be promoting. Here is a young person who understands what issues, right or wrong, he will have to face and overcome. His approach is going to earn him the respect he deserves from both sides of the fence.

He/she actually thinks this transgender movement largely pushed by adults is using true transgender teens/kids as pawns and they're pushing this as far as they are to fill up shortcomings in their own lives, as if they're bored/unsatisfied and looking for a void to fill.

As she said, few cared and things were fine until the SJW's decided to push it to the forefront and blow the whole thing out of proportion.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

What was that unkind word that people used to use for such blatant ill use of another person?

Tokenizing, I think. I wonder how the young lady would react to being used in a political argument that has talked about "her kind" as being perverted, deviant, disgusting, dangerous, etc?

I found it a bit disturbing.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

He/she actually thinks this transgender movement largely pushed by adults is using true transgender teens/kids as pawns and they're pushing this as far as they are to fill up shortcomings in their own lives, as if they're bored/unsatisfied and looking for a void to fill.

As she said, few cared and things were fine until the SJW's decided to push it to the forefront and blow the whole thing out of proportion.

Let me guess. Her parents are Republican.

Most teens, until they get older, tend to reflect their parents beliefs.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

It supports reality.

What's funny in your emotional musings, is you yourself used anecdotal evidence from your friend to support your point of view. What's also funny is you've said five year olds are well aware of this issue, yet now want to dismiss a 16 yr old.

Not my fault she's got a better grasp on this than a 70 year old. Must feel embarrassing. Sorry.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Is it convenient at all that your young friend seems to think EXACTLY like you do?

Or coincidence?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Let me guess. Her parents are Republican.

Most teens, until they get older, tend to reflect their parents beliefs.

Hardcore democrats. Clinton supporters.

This really is tough for you. A mature 16 yr old who handles this better than a 70 yr old simply must have a Republican influence.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join