It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminists Supporting Hillary Clinton -- WHY?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'm not a Clinton fan but I think you need to consider a few things. These are not always true but generally speaking.

Democrats, these days, are more likely to focus on Women's issues. Clinton has said more and would seem to champion women's issues much more than Trump.

When one person does a thing for the first time, it opens the flood gates for others to do the same. Think the guy that ran the first 4 minute mile. It was considered impossible before he did it. On a Sociological bent. Think Jackie Robinson. He was the first minority in a Major sports league and now lots of minorities are in them. As the first female president, she opens the door for women, much better women to follow in her footsteps. That's not something that can be taken lightly.

There are some good reasons for real feminists to be supporting Clinton. Having said that, I think Sanders is a better candidate then anyone left standing and I realize that Clinton has major shortcomings. Having said that, I don't believe all the propaganda against her. As I've said before, either it isn't all true or she is the most powerful person that ever lived. That last option is highly unlikely. NO? Yes?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Why is it that so many people show so much disrespect for any woman who dares to wear the title "feminist." Feminism is about securing EQUAL rights. (you know the stuff that you guys take foregranted?) You also seek to insult us by insinuating that we all hate men. I have a husband, two sons and a grandson, all of whom I absolutely adore. It's not about hating men, it's about standing up for minorities regardless of whether they're a racial or other class of people.

That being said, I refuse to vote for Clinton, just as I refuse to vote for Trump. Clinton gets no special treatment for having a vagina. I have one too and I can say with confidence that it's overrated.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

Cuz Beta male attack helicopters.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Winstonian

They are voting for Hillary because Trump said some mean things once.

And they got offended.

In an ironic twist, "Trump said some mean things" is also the number one reason why Trump supporters are voting for him. I believe reason number two had something to "taking it back to a place where we're not all so afraid."

If you really want to pick on liberals for being some how weak and easily offended, you might want to throw your support behind a guy who doesn't take every opportunity to point out how weak and afraid conservatives are and doesn't refer to himself as a "fabulous whiner."

Just sayin'

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

See my last post.

Anyone do a word count on the words afraid, fear and frightened in Trump speeches yet? Apparently, we're already in the post-pussification era.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReprobateRaccoon
That being said, I refuse to vote for Clinton, just as I refuse to vote for Trump. Clinton gets no special treatment for having a vagina. I have one too and I can say with confidence that it's overrated.

Fair enough, I can live with that assessment... apart from the overrated bit, but that's a whole other subject.

Though, if you did happen to vote for Trump over Hillary, you do realize you'd be accepting that men are somehow more superior and that women should just behave and do what there told, right?

The whole Trump vs Hillary thing, clearly has that whole implication... its just basic human psychology.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Because she has a vagina.

I doubt that tbh. She likely has a demon-maw that sucks in souls.

They think she has a vagina. There we go.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Because she has a vagina.

I doubt that tbh. She likely has a demon-maw that sucks in souls.

They think she has a vagina. There we go.

Her v_______ has a name!

it's called Bill.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
gee, can I fill in any number of churches across the nation also?? after all they are doing the same thing.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReprobateRaccoon
Why is it that so many people show so much disrespect for any woman who dares to wear the title "feminist."

Probably stems back to a lack of respect shown to those who are unincorporated feminists. (OK, I just made up a term). My wife, for example, spent 10 years as a stay at home mom because it was her choice to do so. She empowered her own decision... my God did she ever catch flack from the organised feminists over it. She'd attend an event "Where do you work?" "Oh, you're one of those." It was the ultimate in I am woman, hear me roar... as I leave tightly coiled piles of hypocrisy one the floor.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
gee, can I fill in any number of churches across the nation also?? after all they are doing the same thing.

Absolutely.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
Because she has held the third highest political rank as a woman. That's what feminist's are about, powerful women. They don't care if she is immoral, corrupt or whatever else. She as risen to a rank that no other woman has held, they see her as some kind of role model and aspire to be as powerful as her.

Actually Condoleezza Rice beat here to the position. Yet the feminists seem to ignore this strong amazing black women even exists.... Could it possibly be because she is a republican? She would have made a far better president than our first black president.

The feminists supporting Hillary are useful idiots parroting whatever they see on the view or Ellen... Incapable of forming a rational thought on their own they flock to her because she has the same lady parts.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

and those stay at home moms, when they grow older, their kids grow up and leave the nest, and hubby who has spent just about every cent he earned on either taking care of his family or paying taxes to take care of someone else's family passes and leaves her with very little to live on, then who is disrespecting her?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Ah yes I forgot about ol Condi but still doesn't negate anything else I said. So Hillary is the second to hold that position but she could still be the first woman president which would still be a huge win in feminist's eyes.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

and those stay at home moms, when they grow older, their kids grow up and leave the nest, and hubby who has spent just about every cent he earned on either taking care of his family or paying taxes to take care of someone else's family passes and leaves her with very little to live on, then who is disrespecting her?

Are you serious?

Men are keeping women trapped at home where they breed their young, then the man dies off and leaves the woman alone and penniless?

Really?

edit on 25-5-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

only if she succeeds in leaving office with the country being better off, or at least not worse off than it is now...
and I don't think any of those running can do that. better to just let someone else have the job than be the volunteer scapegoat when all the crap blows up in our faces.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

it didn't sound like burdman was forcing his wife to do anything... and I never claimed his did. although if a man wishes to, it can be easily done.

but, it's not just the feminists that are direspecting stay at home moms or placing them in perilous positions for their choices.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Give me a break.

My wife is also one of those "stay-at-home" wives.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

then who is disrespecting her?

Go look in a mirror, because YOU are disrespecting her with that post.

ETA: If you think I don't have life insurance and a nice 401k, you're delusional.
edit on 25-5-2016 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join