It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So being Christian I must be perfect, non-judgemental and love everyone?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I do all of those things too. So where is the benefit of being a christian? The fake pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?

Eternal life..... not good enough for you?

You need more than that?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I agree with your premise about Christians not being perfect. I'm not a Christian in your opinion, though I do consider myself a Christian. I will say, I'm shocked to hear that there is one infallible interpretation of the Bible, but congratulate you on finding The One True Version!

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

you are right.. Freedom of Speech. Without it, we wouldn't even have ATS. They are entitled to their opinion. But most sane individuals would agree that their "activities" and picket signs/yelling protests make them easy to despise

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

So being Christian I must be perfect, non-judgemental and love everyone?

Yes. And if you don't then you are not a Christian. See how easy it is to condemn another's brand of Christianity?

edit on 31America/ChicagoWed, 25 May 2016 15:03:59 -0500Wed, 25 May 2016 15:03:59 -050016052016-05-25T15:03:59-05:00300000003 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

so... In short. He is your scapegoat. Your golden ticket that allows forgiveness for all of the horrible things you like to do.

What horrible things do I do?

Are the things I do worst or better than what you do?

What makes you better than me?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

originally posted by: Akragon

hell is full of posers...

Lucky for you and many others, Hell is a fear tactic designed to gain converts...

Because IF said place was real... it would actually be full of so called "Christians"

Hell is full of wannabe Christians. Also full with non believers. I remember reading an article who said 1 out of 1000 make into heaven........sounds about right.

See this is one of those illogical points i love to dig on...

A loving creator would not send people to such a place...

non believers tend to be far more loving then those who follow a religion...

Those who love to judge others while sitting on their high horse of hypocrisy deserve such a place... but not those who are actually good people but don't believe...

Paul and his golden ticket would land people there... but again, thank God Hell doesn't exist

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Agree 100%.

But it really is time to take them down in a totally legal way.

Just outside their church, in a public venue, people from every walk of life should do their thing for five minutes. They would have a cardiac, seriously. They are Trolls, and people need to start Trolling them back.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Hell is full of wannabe Christians. Also full with non believers. I remember reading an article who said 1 out of 1000 make into heaven........sounds about right.

It's totally, amazingly, unverifiable statements like this that made me a non believer at a very young age.

One out of a thousand get into heaven...by what metric? Who's the statistician that administers heavens census each year?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

I agree with your premise about Christians not being perfect. I'm not a Christian in your opinion, though I do consider myself a Christian. I will say, I'm shocked to hear that there is one infallible interpretation of the Bible, but congratulate you on finding The One True Version!

I do not know you. I have never met you. I do not know who you are and if you say you are a Christian .... fine.
But if I had to say if you are a Christian or not..... I would ask you why you think there is only one version because all versions have the same thing in common......mankind needs to be saved and God sent his only begotten son to be a sacrifice.

THE FINAL SACRIFICE......

How mankind can come back to God.

Do you need another version?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

It's totally, amazingly, unverifiable statements like this that made me a non believer at a very young age.

One out of a thousand get into heaven...by what metric? Who's the statistician that administers heavens census each year?

So you heard a statement or two and this is what caused you to leave the church? I don't believe you. and at a young age?

You do not need to make a excuse if you don't believe in God..... just be honest enough and stop lying.

I guess you will not be one of those 1 out of 1000 huh?

edit on 25-5-2016 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

No, thank you. Not if I had to live with some of the "Christians" I've met in my life.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Ha ha, haven't you heard?

It's Saint Hubert, Patron Saint of Mathematicians.

I did Google Patron Saint of Statisticians, but it only came up with this dude.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

hell is full of posers...

Lucky for you and many others, Hell is a fear tactic designed to gain converts...

Because IF said place was real... it would actually be full of so called "Christians"

See this is one of those illogical points i love to dig on...

non believers tend to be far more loving then those who follow a religion...

Those who love to judge others while sitting on their high horse of hypocrisy deserve such a place... but not those who are actually good people but don't believe...

Paul and his golden ticket would land people there... but again, thank God Hell doesn't exist

You are someone who does not know the bible yet attempts to speak as if you do..... so lets settle this one problem you have......

Correct...... he Will NOT..........BUT HIS SON WILL.

Jesus will be judging you not his father.

I thought you knew the bible.........guess not huh.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Oh man, I didn't hear. Apparently he only delivers vague reports to one guy who then writes Internet articles about it to scare Christians into being even better Christians.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

They are not putting us on pedestal.

They are creating strawmen. Strawmen are much easier to battle as they aren't the real opponent. Another way to say this is that they are tilting at windmills.

And of course, we must judge. Anyone who has ever been a parent knows this. If you didn't judge for your child, then you'd raise a horrid little beast instead of a human being, and we've all seen those parents who don't judge lugging their little monsters around in public places haven't we?

On second thought, looking around at society, it could use a little more judgment from people from people.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Believe whatever you wish brother...

according to Christian theology they are one and the same...

or should i say Christian Dogma?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

He passes the figures on daily to the Bremainers camp, then the remainder goes to the churches and business.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Respect, yes. Acceptance? Now that's a loaded term. We should be intolerant of sin, not accepting of it.

What so many misunderstand is that the sin and the sinner are two separate things. We are all sinners, every one of us. And it is not a loving act to allow a brother or sister to carry on in their sins. We are not to tolerate sin because the wages of sin is death. So we are supposed to judge and remark on our brothers' and sisters' errors to bring them back to God and the Godly path. That is the loving thing to do. Allowing them to continue on in sin isn't loving at all even if it is accepting.
edit on 25-5-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

A christian who is using the bible to justify being an asshole?

On second thought, the bible very much gives people permission to be complete monsters. So. I guess you are right.

Carry on with your death cult. I will continue being a secular humanitarian.

So what is the benefit of being a secular humanitarian then? I can't see that it has made you in any way superior or less of an asshole that someone who would claim the Bible gives him the same license.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

He's not claiming that we are. I don't think any of us think we are except for those who are sanctimonious and don't know nearly as much about being Christian as they think they do or they wouldn't make that claim.

What he's saying is that a common claim made by detractors is that in order for us to be what we claim we have to always be perfect or else we aren't really Christian. It's shorthand for people putting Christians up to false standards to instantly delegitimize them.

A common form is for someone to sneer about eating shellfish and create that no true Scotsman fallacy or strawman.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join