It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So being Christian I must be perfect, non-judgemental and love everyone?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Is this is what you think?

The reason for this thread is not to convert anyone to Christianity but for those who claim to be Christian and are not. It is my intention to show you the door. As a Christian I am getting more and more upset with the idiots online on the internet who claim to be Christian but yet reject the teachings of the bible..... the same here at ATS. They say on thing but yet do another. If a person rejects any part of the Christian bible than that person can NOT be a Christian..... can you see this?

A Christian is someone who makes mistakes from time to time just like a Jew or a Muslim. Actually I would say a high percentage of people parading around telling people they are Christian actually are not. Often many have not been schooled properly with a church approved bible study class for a few years. Studying God's word, ongoing prophecies, this alone can take a lifetime to understand.

Just because you come from an alleged Christian home does not mean you know God's word. It also does not mean you know what all is in the bible unless you study it....over and over again for a decade or more. That is what I like about some atheist..... some have more knowledge of the bible than some Christians.... so what does that say about some Christians? It tells you they are not Christian. How many Christians say they are Christian but have never been baptized? Infants do NOT get baptized ...... the baby is only dedicated to God. Baptism is a full body immersion in water, not some water poured on the top of your head. So you see many think they are baptized when actually they are not. If you claim to be a Christian and have NOT been baptized (Entire body and head immersed in water) then do so as soon as possible. Baptism and Christianity go hand in hand since John the Baptist. It is a free service from the church. And if you do not belong to a church but seek out the baptism send me a PM and I will find the place near your home ....... a form of brotherly love.

How many times have you watched your favorite film and each time you see something new? Same thing here.... each time I read the bible I learn something new and you will too. So how many times should you read the bible from cover to cover? Once, twice or maybe my entire life? Reading and hearing God's word brings faith into your life and it will get brighter and brighter as you continue to walk with God and study his word. Fail to do this and the light weakens until it goes out AND THIS IS MY POINT. If you have no faith then the light is gone and rest assure you are not a Christian.

At what point is a Christian perfect? Can a Christian be perfect in this world and NEVER make another mistake? Of course not.

What about those who are new to the faith? Do they slip up form time to time? Of course.

What about those who are learning and growing with their faith? of course they trip and fall from time to time.

My point? Christians are NOT perfect and I have never met one who said he/she was BUT those who hate Christians have judged us all in one basket or maybe a Christian says something .... there is ALWAYS that one person who can not wait to point out their faults. Most haters only have a few points to lash back at Christians..... and it is on constant replay throughout ATS. Originality is nowhere to be found.... only rehashing events that took place in the past... some corrected others not.

Are you aware that in the Bible it does in fact say to judge others? Do you know this and do you know why? To correct someone ... it can be seen as being judgemental BUT it is NOT. It is done to keep our fellow brothers and sisters on the path to our God. We also reach out to others who make this same mistakes and if they refuse to change then fine.....

We all need help and from time to time we need someone to help us back on our feet and help us realign our sights on the goal.... heaven. This is done with correcting oneself and others and this is done out of brotherly love and not being judgemental.

Something many of you will NEVER understand is the meaning of love and how it is taught in the bible. Discipline comes with love, many of you can not understand this. Read Hebrew Chapter 12 how it talks about how God disciplines his children because he loves them or read the entire bible where even in Genesis God speaks of how one day his son will come to crush the serpents head or that he sent his ONLY begotten son to earth to be sacrificed. Can you do this with your child? I can not.... so am I failure? No.

Do I hate? YES There are many things I hate on this planet and I can not love everyone. Just one of my many faults in life.

Can I kill another person? If in the military or defending my life or my family's life the answer is YES and without thinking twice.

We are not Gods....... we are not a god......I am not God..... I am a mortal being as you are.

So stop putting Christians on a pedestal we make mistakes. And to those who are posing..... hell is full of posers...

edit on 25-5-2016 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
To be honest, it's human nature to be judgemental and you cannot love everybody.

I think the Christian message is more about respect and acceptance. This is why (IMHO) Christianity works best in a secular society as it keeps Christians on their toes. It's also why societies that are highly religion-orientated breed intolerance of difference and are highly judgemental.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

No, just answering your title question, being a christian you should reject, publicly, the evil doctrine contained within your text (namely old testament, or some of Paul's teachings, as well as revelation), while also pushing for a more peaceful and tolerant world, also you should reject any notion of a certain death for humanity as that is advocating the destruction of our species, thus you are supporting a death cult. Otherwise, do whatever the hell you want to do, or you will continue to be measured under the same brush that propels you to write threads such as this.
edit on 25-5-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

No, just answering your title question, being a christian you should reject, publicly, the evil doctrine contained within your text (namely old testament, or some of Paul's teachings, as well as revelation), while also pushing for a more peaceful and tolerant world, also you should reject any notion of a certain death for humanity as that is advocating the destruction of our species, thus you are supporting a death cult. Otherwise, do whatever the hell you want to do, or you will continue to be measured under the same brush that propels you to write threads such as this.

It is my belief that the bible is God's living word and that includes the Old Testament. The bible is not some out dated manual needing to be revised.

Who am I to judge the word of God?

Who am I to judge the prophets and the saints?

Who are you to judge God and what give you that right?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

So being Christian I must be perfect, non-judgemental and love everyone?

I wasn't going to say anything.....

But since you brought it up.....

It wouldn't hurt.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

The Bible is history the world has moved on the Wizard of Oz won your God lost

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

And your belief is wrong, period end of story.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

What is the benefit of being christian? Other than you are less likely to be shunned by other christians? I know that i hear people use their christianity as a badge of virtue. Supposedly to confirm that they are trustworthy and honorable. But if christians cannot be held to some higher standard, then what is the point?

If christians are allowed to act un christianlike, then why claim to be a christian? I propose that it lets "them" pass the buck on to god, and this allows "them" to claim no fault when "they" commit some deed they later find themselves feeling guilty about.

If constant reflection on god and prayer to a higher power doesn't help you to be a better person, then maybe it's time to realize that you're are talking to an imaginary being.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
A Christian is one who follows jesus the Christ (the noun in the bible) and his teachings.

That's it. Everything else is not about being Christian, it's about being human.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

A christian who is using the bible to justify being an asshole?

On second thought, the bible very much gives people permission to be complete monsters. So. I guess you are right.

Carry on with your death cult. I will continue being a secular humanitarian.
edit on 25-5-2016 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
To be honest, it's human nature to be judgemental and you cannot love everybody.

I think the Christian message is more about respect and acceptance. This is why (IMHO) Christianity works best in a secular society as it keeps Christians on their toes. It's also why societies that are highly religion-orientated breed intolerance of difference and are highly judgemental.

There's not much we agree on, but in this instance we do.

I'm agnostic, but agree fundamentally that Christianity fits better with a secular society.

Turkey was a secular Muslim society, but Islam is beginning to get a grip. Erdogan is the Empereror of the Caliphate, he is the true leader.

With regards to the O.P, how can a Christian be perfect? They are all with sin, the Lord has told them so.

edit on 25/5/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

hell is full of posers...

Lucky for you and many others, Hell is a fear tactic designed to gain converts...

Because IF said place was real... it would actually be full of so called "Christians"

edit on 25-5-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

And your belief is wrong, period end of story.

A belief, is no more than an opinion and a person's opinion can't be wrong. It can't be proved either way here, so sure, some of us have listened to the story and decided it is far too fanciful, whilst others embrace it it as the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Why don't we ask the West Baptist Church?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

What is the benefit of being christian? Other than you are less likely to be shunned by other christians? I know that i hear people use their christianity as a badge of virtue. Supposedly to confirm that they are trustworthy and honorable. But if christians cannot be held to some higher standard, then what is the point?

If christians are allowed to act un christianlike, then why claim to be a christian? I propose that it lets "them" pass the buck on to god, and this allows "them" to claim no fault when "they" commit some deed they later find themselves feeling guilty about.

If constant reflection on god and prayer to a higher power doesn't help you to be a better person, then maybe it's time to realize that you're are talking to an imaginary being.

Good points made and I understand what you are saying so lets see if I can answer your questions:

To ME... the benefit of being a Christian is to be thankful to God and to his son... through my service and deication to them. Christ, my king and saviour of MY life. I have dedicated my life to Christ for making a way for my Gentile ass to be forgiven for any sins committed..... KNOWN and UNKNOWN SINS. Can you literally name every sin? Though I do NOT intentionally sin .... from time to time I get caught up in this world and slip off the path. You see I want to serve God in heaven and on earth and the bible has made many promises for my salvation. I would love to live for eternity.

But then why should ONLY Christians be held to this higher standard? Why not all religions?

It is not an "act" - I have NEVER met a perfect human being. EVERYONE makes mistakes. ... including Christians. Have you ever looked at a gorgeous person and lust come upon you? "O Boy" would I like to have some of that? LUST..... it has happened to all of us. Just one example of not being careful and letting my thoughts control my body..... Do I need to expand in this area?

Prayer has helped me when I needed it the most and it still does. People who know me for over fifty years tell me they SEE I have changed.....DRAMATICALLY ......became a better man..... a better husband and father. Once you accept Christ is not like magic.......POOF.... relax you are perfect and can no longer make a mistake.......wrong. It does not work that way. Hard work, discipline and faith......and after years and decades of praying to an invisible God ...... and keeping my faith who I never heard from...... I met him one day just like millions of others... and you will too.

So now my turn..... What IF I am right about heaven and hell.......demons and angels then what? What if you are wrong? Then what?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Why don't we ask the West Baptist Church?

Freedom of speech Fam, come on, we all agree with that entitlement don't we?

It's only words and they are fanatics, trolls, whatever, but they are entitled to their beliefs. They break no laws, they just speak words and words can never fully harm anyone, unless it's being blasted into your ears 24/7, you wind up a member of the scummy church.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

On second thought, the bible very much gives people permission to be complete monsters. So. I guess you are right.

Carry on with your death cult. I will continue being a secular humanitarian.

How about you clarify that for me?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

hell is full of posers...

Lucky for you and many others, Hell is a fear tactic designed to gain converts...

Because IF said place was real... it would actually be full of so called "Christians"

Hell is full of wannabe Christians. Also full with non believers. I remember reading an article who said 1 out of 1000 make into heaven........sounds about right.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
A Christian is one who follows jesus the Christ (the noun in the bible) and his teachings.

That's it. Everything else is not about being Christian, it's about being human.

So what would one's life look like if he followed the teachings of jesus the christ? Would they be patient, tolerant of peaceful people, and accepting of people's differences? Would they go about tending to the sick and poor? Because i am all of those things and i do not consider myself a christian at all.

The OP is fine with pointing at people and saying they are not good enough christians for his standard, and yet thinks it is ok to hate others? Is ok with killing people as long as his govt says they are bad, and lays his judgments out for the world to see.

I do all of those things too. So where is the benefit of being a christian? The fake pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

Good points made and I understand what you are saying so lets see if I can answer your questions:

To ME... the benefit of being a Christian is to be thankful to God and to his son... through my service and deication to them. Christ, my king and saviour of MY life. I have dedicated my life to Christ for making a way for my Gentile ass to be forgiven for any sins committed..... KNOWN and UNKNOWN SINS. Can you literally name every sin? Though I do NOT intentionally sin .... from time to time I get caught up in this world and slip off the path. You see I want to serve God in heaven and on earth and the bible has made many promises for my salvation. I would love to live for eternity.

But then why should ONLY Christians be held to this higher standard? Why not all religions?

It is not an "act" - I have NEVER met a perfect human being. EVERYONE makes mistakes. ... including Christians. Have you ever looked at a gorgeous person and lust come upon you? "O Boy" would I like to have some of that? LUST..... it has happened to all of us. Just one example of not being careful and letting my thoughts control my body..... Do I need to expand in this area?

Prayer has helped me when I needed it the most and it still does. People who know me for over fifty years tell me they SEE I have changed.....DRAMATICALLY ......became a better man..... a better husband and father. Once you accept Christ is not like magic.......POOF.... relax you are perfect and can no longer make a mistake.......wrong. It does not work that way. Hard work, discipline and faith......and after years and decades of praying to an invisible God ...... and keeping my faith who I never heard from...... I met him one day just like millions of others... and you will too.

So now my turn..... What IF I am right about heaven and hell.......demons and angels then what? What if you are wrong? Then what?

so... In short. He is your scapegoat. Your golden ticket that allows forgiveness for all of the horrible things you like to do.

I do not need a scapegoat. I don't do terrible things that need supernatural forgiveness. It's that easy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join