It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
I think this one goes very, very deep.
12. On January 26, 2015, without any advance notice to landowners within the“Riverwalk Urban Renewal Area,” the GURA 1sent a letter to landowners and tenants within the “Riverwalk Urban Renewal Area” seeking redevelopment proposals for the “Riverwalk Urban Renewal Area” allegedly in accordance with section 31-25-105.5, C.R.S.
13. The GURA’s January 26, 2015 letter required all redevelopment proposals to besubmitted by no later than March 12, 2015—45 days after notice was first sent. The letter didnot provide for submitters to make a public presentation to the GURA, have a meeting with theGURA, or to otherwise respond to any reactions, comments, or questions of the GURA.
14. The GURA only received two proposals on or before its March 12, 2015 deadline.
15. MAK submitted a proposal (the “MAK Proposal”). MAK was the only landowner within the “Riverwalk Urban Renewal Authority” that submitted a proposal.16. The only other proposal was submitted by Wulfe & Co. (the “Wulfe & Co.Proposal”).
21. Upon information and belief, the GURA, the Glendale City Council, or anauthorized agent of the GURA and/or the Glendale City Counsel maintains a website at www.glendale180.com to post updates regarding the redevelopment of the “Riverwalk UrbanRenewal Area.”
22. On or before March 25, 2015, www.glendale180.com was updated to include an image that was contained within the Wulfe & Co. Proposal.
23. The GURA set a meeting for March 30, 2015, to select a redevelopment proposal for the “Riverwalk Urban Renewal Area” (the “March 30, 2015 GURA Meeting”).
26. Upon information and belief, at this study session, members of the GURAinquired as to the preexisting relationship between the GURA and Wulfe & Co. and expressedconcern that this relationship might give rise to grounds for a “grievance” by MAK.
27. At the commencement of the March 30, 2015 GURA Meeting, the GURAChairman, Mayor Mike Dunafon, added an item 10(a) to the March 30, 2015 GURA Meetingagenda to discuss the timeline for carrying out a redevelopment proposal.
28. After ratifying the previous meeting’s minutes, the GURA moved to go intoexecutive session.
29. Upon information and belief, the GURA failed to comply with Colorado law,C.R.S. § 24-6-402(4), in convening the executive session.
30. Upon information and belief, the executive session was not convened for the sole purpose of considering any of the matters set forth in section 24-6-402(4)(a) – (h), C.R.S.31. All members of the public were asked to leave the meeting room during the executive session.32. The GURA’s March 30, 2015 executive session, which was closed to the general public, included at least four individuals that were neither members/staff of the GURA nor attorneys representing the GURA. Upon information and belief, these individuals included a Glendale police officer, the attorney for the Glendale City Council, and two Glendale City Council staffers.
originally posted by: FalseParadigm
Some residents turned to the FOX31 Denver Problem Solvers to help get answers after the FBI asked local police to drop charges against a fake private investigator accused of harassing the residents.
“I want to know what his connections are," Douglas Stiff said. "Why is the FBI involved in helping people come to my door and harass me?”
The citizens said the phony private investigator showed up at their doors, intimidating and threatening them over public comments they made about a proposed development.
Then, the FBI got involved. Not to help local police but to make sure the suspect was set free.
Charges dropped against ‘fake’ private eye; residents want answers
This is one of the reasons the public does not trust the government. There are all kinds of thoughts that run through my head, but the very last paragraph is the most problematic for me.
Why is a government agency questioning people about their free speech?
originally posted by: spamray
I can't remember where but I've ran across the name M.A.K. Investments, LLC somewhere in researching the craziness around Denver, this was a while back.