It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charges dropped against ‘fake’ private eye; residents want answers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FalseParadigm

It appears you don't post much, but when you do, you bring the heat. As noted by others, this is the most intriguing thread in a hot minute. Bang-up job

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Interesting. Living in Denver, I'd not heard about this. Not one bit about it.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I think this one goes very, very deep.

You ain't kidding. It seems like all is said and done regarding the development of the area and the owners of the Persian Rug place (M.A.K. Investments, LLC) are fighting a losing battle.

M.A.K. sued the city and presented some interesting arguments:

12. On January 26, 2015, without any advance notice to landowners within the“Riverwalk Urban Renewal Area,” the GURA 1sent a letter to landowners and tenants within the “Riverwalk Urban Renewal Area” seeking redevelopment proposals for the “Riverwalk Urban Renewal Area” allegedly in accordance with section 31-25-105.5, C.R.S.

13. The GURA’s January 26, 2015 letter required all redevelopment proposals to besubmitted by no later than March 12, 2015—45 days after notice was first sent. The letter didnot provide for submitters to make a public presentation to the GURA, have a meeting with theGURA, or to otherwise respond to any reactions, comments, or questions of the GURA.

14. The GURA only received two proposals on or before its March 12, 2015 deadline.

15. MAK submitted a proposal (the “MAK Proposal”). MAK was the only landowner within the “Riverwalk Urban Renewal Authority” that submitted a proposal.16. The only other proposal was submitted by Wulfe & Co. (the “Wulfe & Co.Proposal”).

So far so good, normal city business as far as I can tell, This is when it gets interesting:

21. Upon information and belief, the GURA, the Glendale City Council, or anauthorized agent of the GURA and/or the Glendale City Counsel maintains a website at www.glendale180.com to post updates regarding the redevelopment of the “Riverwalk UrbanRenewal Area.”

22. On or before March 25, 2015, www.glendale180.com was updated to include an image that was contained within the Wulfe & Co. Proposal.

23. The GURA set a meeting for March 30, 2015, to select a redevelopment proposal for the “Riverwalk Urban Renewal Area” (the “March 30, 2015 GURA Meeting”).

So, a meeting was set to discuss proposals put before the city, but 5 days before the decision as to which proposal would be accepted, artwork for one of only two companies that submitted a proposal was included on the official website for the project.

More oddness:

26. Upon information and belief, at this study session, members of the GURAinquired as to the preexisting relationship between the GURA and Wulfe & Co. and expressedconcern that this relationship might give rise to grounds for a “grievance” by MAK.

27. At the commencement of the March 30, 2015 GURA Meeting, the GURAChairman, Mayor Mike Dunafon, added an item 10(a) to the March 30, 2015 GURA Meetingagenda to discuss the timeline for carrying out a redevelopment proposal.

28. After ratifying the previous meeting’s minutes, the GURA moved to go intoexecutive session.

29. Upon information and belief, the GURA failed to comply with Colorado law,C.R.S. § 24-6-402(4), in convening the executive session.

30. Upon information and belief, the executive session was not convened for the sole purpose of considering any of the matters set forth in section 24-6-402(4)(a) – (h), C.R.S.31. All members of the public were asked to leave the meeting room during the executive session.32. The GURA’s March 30, 2015 executive session, which was closed to the general public, included at least four individuals that were neither members/staff of the GURA nor attorneys representing the GURA. Upon information and belief, these individuals included a Glendale police officer, the attorney for the Glendale City Council, and two Glendale City Council staffers.

Now the development page looks like this. Which says it is managed by The Laramie Company which lists "Wulfe & Company" on its client list.

Interesting side note:

Every time I try to post the story in the OP on that news stations Facebook page and ask for comments from locals, it gets disappeared from the visitor posts section. My post appears briefly, but the link does not.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

The Facebook angle is extremely interesting to me. I'm not very savvy with social media but to me that seems like somebody is taking it down?

Gosh I finally feel like an actual conspiracy theorist for the first time in forever

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Yeah, that struck me as really odd. I posted about it on the Fresno People's Media (found them when looking in to John Lang's suspicious death) FB page and it shows up there just fine.

It's really bizarre to me that it keeps getting zapped on the station's own timeline though.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Nice work. You should be a cop or something. This story is pretty freaking sketchy.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Nice work. You should be a cop or something. This story is pretty freaking sketchy.

Lol I've been lurking for awhile but I may be wrong...

BUT isn't he/wasn't he?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: atomish

Yes.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalseParadigm

Some residents turned to the FOX31 Denver Problem Solvers to help get answers after the FBI asked local police to drop charges against a fake private investigator accused of harassing the residents.

“I want to know what his connections are," Douglas Stiff said. "Why is the FBI involved in helping people come to my door and harass me?”

The citizens said the phony private investigator showed up at their doors, intimidating and threatening them over public comments they made about a proposed development.

Then, the FBI got involved. Not to help local police but to make sure the suspect was set free.

Charges dropped against ‘fake’ private eye; residents want answers

This is one of the reasons the public does not trust the government. There are all kinds of thoughts that run through my head, but the very last paragraph is the most problematic for me.
Why is a government agency questioning people about their free speech?

Thanks for alerting us to this, I agree with some of the others that this is one of the more interesting, seemingly legitimate potential conspiracy I've seen on this site in awhile.

Nothing to add, personally. Just wanted to post here so I can watch for further developments from our resident gangster-ass sleuths.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Yes.

I starred your post since I didn't catch the joke and ruined it in the process. My bad!

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I can't remember where but I've ran across the name M.A.K. Investments, LLC somewhere in researching the craziness around Denver, this was a while back.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I'll take that under advisement

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I love the government. I love everything they do for me. They keep me safe from terrorists. They care about my healthcare. They let me go to free school. They make sure I don't use dangerous substances. I need the government.

Thank you government, please enjoy half of my time and money.

I love you Daddy Government.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I live in the area and have been following this story for a while. The City of Glendale is ran by it's biggest moneymaker, a strip club called Shotgun Willie's. It isn't a coincidence that the strip club is right next to this development and the drama that surrounds it.

It is well known that the strip club gets people drunk and alerts the police of possible DUI's in order to increase revenue for the city which, in turn, gives the club leeway to do whatever it wants. With legalized marijuana they made sure that other shops failed so they could attach one to the strip club.

They want to make a "riverwalk" area, with the strip club being the anchor to the rest of it. Of course there are people fighting it, but none more than the local, and successful, businessman that runs the rug shop. He tried for years to settle with the city only to have his property declared blighted. You know what else they declared "blighted"? A well kept Hamburger Stand franchise. A moderately popular pub style bar. A physicians office.

This stinks of the city hiring a guy to cause trouble for the rug shop owners, making them seem nefarious. The fact that the feds side with the harassers makes me think that even more.

This area has always been shady, and it just gets shadier the prettier it gets.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: spamray
I can't remember where but I've ran across the name M.A.K. Investments, LLC somewhere in researching the craziness around Denver, this was a while back.

You could dig deep into these random companies picked out of the internet white pages:

M A K Investments , LLC
M A K Investments Cedar City UT, 84720

INVESTMENT OFFICES, NEC IN CEDAR CITY, UT

More Details for M A K Investments LLC. Categorized under Investment Offices
Records show it was established in 2002 and incorporated in Utah.

===

Company Name
M.A.K. INVESTMENTS, INC.

Legal Registered Office
1709 S 42ND ST
WEST DES MOINES
IA

M.A.K. INVESTMENTS, INC. was founded on 1991-09-04 and has
its registered office in West Des Moines. The organisation's status
is listed as "Active". M.a.k. Investments, Inc. is a DOMESTIC PROFIT
registered in United States of America (USA) with Iowa Secretary
of State Business Entities

Date Document Type Document Description
2014-03-07 BIENNIAL REPORT
2012-01-18 BIENNIAL REPORT
2010-01-27 BIENNIAL REPORT
2008-01-29 BIENNIAL REPORT
2006-02-21 BIENNIAL REPORT
2004-01-28 BIENNIAL REPORT
2003-01-13 REGISTERED OFFICE/AGENT CHANGE
2002-09-30 BIENNIAL REPORT
2002-08-05 ADMINISTRATIVE DISSOLUTION
2002-08-05 REINSTATEMENT
2001-09-26 MISCELLANEOUS FILING
2001-02-05 AGENT'S CHANGE OF OFFICE
1997-09-30 REGISTERED OFFICE/AGENT CHANGE
===

and to add some CONSPIRACY HERE how about these
probably unrelated but similar named companies:

MAK INVESTMENTS LTD. is a construction company based
out of Great Western Terrace, Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom.

Industry

Construction
Headquarters

Great Western Terrace Glasgow, Scotland G12 United Kingdom

...OR...

M A K INVESTMENTS LTD (operating as ALPHA SERVICE CENTRE) is
PUBLIC GARAGE in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The business licence
number is B684307652, issued on 04/07/13. The location is at
490 Garyray Dr, Toronto, ON M9L 1P8. The postal code is M9L 1P8.

===

This is an interesting one:

Mak Investment Holding
Stock & Bond Brokers
Address : 3 Abbas El Akkad St., Floor 3, 1st Zone, Nasr city, Cairo Egypt
Above National Societe General Bank - NSGB

====

Company: Mak Investments Holding Code: EGS691X1C014

Board of Members:

Name : Nasr Mohamed Abd ElMohsen ElKhorafi

Title : Chairman & CEO

Name : Mohsin Kamel Moustafa Kamel

Title : CEO

Name : Mohamed Kordi Ahmed

Title : Board of Directors Member

Name : Manal Ahmed Abo ElLail

Name : Maher Moustafa Kamel

Name : -

Name : Ahmed Mohamed Abd ElGhafaar

Name : Louai Gasem ELKhorafi

Title : Deputy Chairman

===

Just so you know...how useless OR helpful internet searches are!

ARE ANY OF THESE COMPANIES RELATED?

CONSPIRACY ! CONSPIRACY ! CONSPIRACY !

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: StargateSG7

How about THIS as a completely made-up but slightly plausible scenario:

The FBI is cooperating with the CIA to ship arms to Iran, Iraq,
Pakistan or whateverstan and using a Persian (i.e. Iranian)
development company and it development sites as a cover
to hide personnel, arms, goods and some rugs/drugs to
insurgents in 20 different countries to further the aims
of the Vaaaast Right Wing or Vaaaaaaast Left Wing conspiracy!

...OR...

Howabout the FBI and probably the SEC is INVESTIGATING
something and they really don't want their cover blown.
Probably as simple as semi-legal or illegal remittances to
foreign persons/entities on some banned list or watch list.

I'D BUY THAT FER A DOLLAR !!!!

edit on 2016/5/26 by StargateSG7 because: sp

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Yu didn't at all, it wasn't much of a joke anyway.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical
Wow, I wouldn't be surprised if a private investigator shows up at your door.

Multiple IDs would suggest that the investigator is a spook. One friend in the know once told me that their protocol under any circumstance is to give any identification other than the real one. They could even pretend to be FBI if they needed authority, but could never expose who they really worked for.

It seems that Ed Wulfe worked for Texaco which I recall allegedly supported a death squad to protect its assets in Colombia in exchange for coc aine shipments... whether or not he was there at the time is anyone's guess.

Then again he was president of a Conservative synagogue and might simply enjoy undermining Iranians or something. And hey if you just want to get conspiratorial... his synagogue had its cornerstone laid by Freemasons (cue eerie theremin music and evil laugh)

edit on 26-5-2016 by SargonThrall because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Hmmm...

So, an unlicensed operative, under the orders of unknown parties, uses intimidation to attempt to stifle public comments about a development in a certain area. Those developments are being put forward by a rug merchant. The FBI springs the unlicensed operative from jail, and offers no explanation worth a damn?

Something more than an obstruction of justice is afoot here.

Certainly, the interference in the case against the "private investigator" is an obstruction of justice, but the only explanations which allow for the FBI to have made this move for any reason, paint a picture which does not flatter the FBI in the least.

A couple of the possibilities which present themselves follow:

1) The FBI sprung the operative, because that operative is an undercover agent of either the FBI or another alphabet agency, not a private eye.

2) The FBI sprung the operative because their interests and the interests of that private individual are like, in terms of either their goals, or perhaps the operative traded information he had, that the FBI wanted, for their assistance in getting him out of trouble.

3) The FBI have elements within their ranks who do not mind if the agency itself is turned into nothing more than an attack dog, to be used by private industry figures to stifle legitimate public concern about their practices, plans, or misdeeds. This faux PI could merely be a strong arm man, contracted by the businessman involved in the development project, and protected by some beneficiary of means and power, a hidden partner of some significant station in public life.

Because the matter is clearly of some importance to a powerful entity, one has to assume that the matter may be a career maker or breaker for that powerful entity or collective thereof. Who is running for office in that city, or in that state? Who is the current senator, congressman, mayoral candidate or governor? Who stands to gain from the completion of the project, other than the businessman referred to in the article? That is the issue at hand now. Figuring out the answer to that question, will reveal a list of potential puppet masters, who may have had a hand in all of this.

Murky, filthy waters are being delved into, and the FBI seem to have forgotten their chest waders on this one.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall

[tinhat]You know, I've seen signs of 'them' a few times (some recently) that also happened to coincide with my posting research done in regards to various topics. All of which is from public domain, btw. This is one of those that might bring 'them' out of the woodwork, so to speak.[/tinhat]

Speculating a bit, I think that perhaps the FBI might be looking into corruption within the city government and their interest in people's opinions of what is happening might be part of that investigation inasmuch as they are trying to ferret out who might be involved and who is on the outside looking in.

Although all of the above is negated by this excellent post from a local. Maybe the local FBI office is in on it? But then being Denver is the second seat of government, you never know.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join