It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump's History of Pretending to Care About Veterans

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: amazing
Related, that if you were captured, or a POW or anything like that, he doesn't like you. He likes people that weren't captured. Whatever that means. He's a sleaze.

He only utilized that phrase to spite McCain, and I agree with him. If I was in a war I would never let an enemy capture me, I would fight that enemy to the death live or die, not hold my hands up and say "Take me to your prison"", but this doesn't mean Trump doesn't like POW's necessarily, or that he despises them. That was just a retort he made to piss off McCain, and McCain deserves it.
I also do not mean that people who have been captured lack honor in any way, it just isn't something I would do.

This entire thread is made from scrapes of fabricated and distorted, out of context junk custom tailored for those that hate Trump, and that's all it really is. If this much energy had been used against the real traitors of this country currently in the White Kremlin in DC, then maybe the country would be doing better, but no, lets just transfer it all onto someone new.

I think you're wrong, You don't make fun of people or mock people that were captured. Keep in mind that John McCain was shot down and seriously injured with his ability to "fight to the death" severly hindered and limited.

I'm not a huge fan of John McCain but you jab him on policy decisions not things that happened in war.

I suppose you think it's okay that Trump mocked/insulted that disabled guy too? That's not okay. That's just being an insensitive Jerk. That's no kind of leader. I've been in the Army, I've ran my own business, I've been an elected oficial, I'm a father, a husband and community leader and I can tell you trump is no leader and he doesn't deserve my respect.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory
a reply to: amazing

Not true, I've been reading a lot of business books and articles by people that knew him in the 80s and 90s and overwhelmingly they all basically describe him as being a jerk. The last one I read was by Barbara Corcharan from Shark Tank. I'd believe the business assessments of dozens of prominent business people over Trump and his propaganda machine. He's not a nice guy, he's vindictive, petty and arrogant.

What did she say about him?

I don't have the time to research and paste for you. Do some of your own research and don't believe everything you here or see on TV or Radio. She basically said that he was underhanded, shady, tried to gain the upper hand in any deal no matter if he had to do something unethical to get it. Wouldn't pay on some occasions unless he was sued. Was full of himself. He's really not a nice guy. Research him, don't take my word for it.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
How much has Hillary donated to veterans? Bernie?

I can't seem to find anything online and I'm just wondering for comparison sake.

hmmm.....failed to mention this....legislation killed by republicans that would have helped veterans
samuel-warde.com...
Bernie sanders proposed this in the senate....20 billion over 10 years to help out veterans...republicans killed it.

and here's more legislation that would help veterans and was killed by republicans.....
usuncut.com...

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Why haven't you made a thread about the Horrible state of the VA under Obama? It's very interesting to me that nothing that happens under this president is blamed on him, yet here you are trying to blame a guy who isn't even in Washington, much less president!

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Why haven't you made a thread about the Horrible state of the VA under Obama? It's very interesting to me that nothing that happens under this president is blamed on him, yet here you are trying to blame a guy who isn't even in Washington, much less president!

It's not just a presidential problem. It's congress. The VA has been a Mess since at least as far back as Reagon, it's always been a mess. You can't Blame it on Obama, it was equally as bad under Bush. What's the correlation? We've had the same people in Congress on both the Republican and Democratic side for decades. That's the problem.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

I don't know which is more sleazy and dishonest, Trump claiming to be a devoted supporter of veteran's causes, or your presumption that it's all done for his self-promotion and his self-interests.

My opinion is "sleazy and dishonest?" It's my honest opinion so you're wrong there and I don't know how "sleazy" fits in at all but hey, don't let that get in the way of you attacking me and not my argument.

Of course, your presumption doesn't show anything regarding the exploitation of his chosen demographic, nor the extent to which he uses the appearance of charitable acts to promote himself, but we can pretend it does for the sake of argument.

I don't know what's more sleazy and dishonest, your meaningless blather or your sanctimonious tone. See how that works?

Assuming he doesn't care about veteran's affairs, and it is all an act, and he's doing so to "exploit" people, what other presumptions can we derive from this presumption? I think it would be easier to give to charity and be charitable than to pretend one does.

Charitable people give to charity all the time. When Trump "gives" to charity, he pays for press releases to announce it. Are you saying that you don't believe that anyone would make a publicity stunt of giving to charity?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Anyone who is your friend and hangs with you and enjoys time together with you will say that. Hitler I'm sure had friends also that spoke well of him too.

Just look at how loved Bill Cosby was until recently.

Even the mob hung out together and had fun and some laughs together and respected each other and spoke well of each other.

Everyone has friends no matter how nasty they might be to other people.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

July 18, 2015

“He’s not a war hero,” Trump said. Sarcastically, Trump quipped, “He’s a war hero because he was captured.” Then, he added, “I like people that weren’t captured.”

“He lost,” Trump said. “He let us down. I never liked him as much after that because I don’t like losers.”

February 8, 2106

Asked to respond, Mr. Trump said, “Well, it just shows you how they lie. Number one, I never called John McCain a loser, as you know. I like John McCain, I supported John McCain. I said he was a hero because he got caught, which is true, to a certain extent.” He added, ” I didn’t call him a loser, so he’s — you know, he’s lied when he made that up.” Later, he emphasized, “I never made a comment about him, and I never said that about John McCain.”

Clearly he cares. Clearly he's honest. I imagine the source of his honest concern is that he sees himself as practically having served in the military:

his high school years spent at New York Military Academy provided him with "more training militarily than a lot of the guys that go into the military,"

"My number was so incredible, and it was a very high draft number. Anyway, so I never had to do that, but I felt that I was in the military in the true sense because I dealt with those people," he said per the Times, confirming he received a medical deferment for heel spurs.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Haters gonna hate.

And liars are gonna lie and suckers are gonna suck.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
How much has Hillary donated to veterans? Bernie?

I can't seem to find anything online and I'm just wondering for comparison sake.

I don't know, maybe they should stage some publicity stunts to demonstrate how charitable they are.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

It's not just a presidential problem. It's congress. The VA has been a Mess since at least as far back as Reagon, it's always been a mess. You can't Blame it on Obama, it was equally as bad under Bush. What's the correlation? We've had the same people in Congress on both the Republican and Democratic side for decades. That's the problem.

Right and Bush caught a lot of flack for it. In fact Bush caught a lot of flack for everything that happened under his administration. Not so much with this president. His supporters just claim he has no control over anything.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

here's why...
the veterans job corps act of 2012 was killed by republicans because they didn't want to give Obama a victory...
www.forbes.com...# 4febbc8b63f1

again in 2012.... senator patty Murray (D) of Washington proposed giving disabled vets a COLA raise, republicans killed it....www.examiner.com...

and its seems the American legion likes the executive order #13607 signed by Obama in 2012, too.....
www.legion.org...

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Right and Bush caught a lot of flack for it. In fact Bush caught a lot of flack for everything that happened under his administration. Not so much with this president. His supporters just claim he has no control over anything.

Yea yea yea. Everyone mistreats Republicans who are now the most pathetic, feckless, weak bunch of whining snowflakes the political world has ever seen apparently.

"I am the most fabulous whiner. I do whine. Because I want to win. And I’m not happy about not winning. And I am a whiner. And I’m a whiner. And I keep whining and whining until I win."

-- Donald J. Trump, Aug 2015, in interview with CNN's Chris Cuomo

...oh, and let me add to that list "scared" :

"We’re gonna bring it back to a real place where we don’t have to be so frightened, we don’t have to be so afraid..."

-- Donald J. Trump, May 2016, after accepting the endorsement of the NRA

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing Related, that if you were captured, or a POW or anything like that, he doesn't like you. He likes people that weren't captured. Whatever that means. He's a sleaze.
He only utilized that phrase to spite McCain, and I agree with him. If I was in a war I would never let an enemy capture me, I would fight that enemy to the death live or die, not hold my hands up and say "Take me to your prison"", but this doesn't mean Trump doesn't like POW's necessarily, or that he despises them. That was just a retort he made to piss off McCain, and McCain deserves it. I also do not mean that people who have been captured lack honor in any way, it just isn't something I would do. This entire thread is made from scrapes of fabricated and distorted, out of context junk custom tailored for those that hate Trump, and that's all it really is. If this much energy had been used against the real traitors of this country currently in the White Kremlin in DC, then maybe the country would be doing better, but no, lets just transfer it all onto someone new.
I think you're wrong, You don't make fun of people or mock people that were captured. Keep in mind that John McCain was shot down and seriously injured with his ability to "fight to the death" severly hindered and limited. I'm not a huge fan of John McCain but you jab him on policy decisions not things that happened in war. I suppose you think it's okay that Trump mocked/insulted that disabled guy too? That's not okay. That's just being an insensitive Jerk. That's no kind of leader. I've been in the Army, I've ran my own business, I've been an elected oficial, I'm a father, a husband and community leader and I can tell you trump is no leader and he doesn't deserve my respect.

Actually it's you who is wrong. John McCain was using his ex "POW" situation to bolster himself to the public, and using that as if it entitles him to sympathy for his policies so people will support him and go along with him just because he was a POW once. He has also embellished that for the same reason. Trump responded to that BS with his remarks which McCain DOES deserve for using his ex POW status as some kind of mulligan for whatever he sells to the MSM and whomever listens.

That is the real story behind Trump's remarks. McCain is a phony and a betrayer to the American people regardless of what once happened to him in old wars. He uses that just like people who claim to be ex Navy Seals and such like.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing Related, that if you were captured, or a POW or anything like that, he doesn't like you. He likes people that weren't captured. Whatever that means. He's a sleaze.
He only utilized that phrase to spite McCain, and I agree with him. If I was in a war I would never let an enemy capture me, I would fight that enemy to the death live or die, not hold my hands up and say "Take me to your prison"", but this doesn't mean Trump doesn't like POW's necessarily, or that he despises them. That was just a retort he made to piss off McCain, and McCain deserves it. I also do not mean that people who have been captured lack honor in any way, it just isn't something I would do. This entire thread is made from scrapes of fabricated and distorted, out of context junk custom tailored for those that hate Trump, and that's all it really is. If this much energy had been used against the real traitors of this country currently in the White Kremlin in DC, then maybe the country would be doing better, but no, lets just transfer it all onto someone new.
I think you're wrong, You don't make fun of people or mock people that were captured. Keep in mind that John McCain was shot down and seriously injured with his ability to "fight to the death" severly hindered and limited. I'm not a huge fan of John McCain but you jab him on policy decisions not things that happened in war. I suppose you think it's okay that Trump mocked/insulted that disabled guy too? That's not okay. That's just being an insensitive Jerk. That's no kind of leader. I've been in the Army, I've ran my own business, I've been an elected oficial, I'm a father, a husband and community leader and I can tell you trump is no leader and he doesn't deserve my respect.

Actually it's you who is wrong. John McCain was using his ex "POW" situation to bolster himself to the public, and using that as if it entitles him to sympathy for his policies so people will support him and go along with him just because he was a POW once. He has also embellished that for the same reason. Trump responded to that BS with his remarks which McCain DOES deserve for using his ex POW status as some kind of mulligan for whatever he sells to the MSM and whomever listens.

That is the real story behind Trump's remarks. McCain is a phony and a betrayer to the American people regardless of what once happened to him in old wars. He uses that just like people who claim to be ex Navy Seals and such like.

But trump didn't say any of that. I realize he was aiming everything at McCain but he insulted every American POW ever with that statement and that rhetoric. You want to criticize McCain for hiding behind his service? Than say that. That's very easy to say.

Watch ..."I don't like McCain because he hides behind his military service record as if that will excuse any of his failed policy decisions."

if Trump is so stupid that he can't formulate a sentence in a debate without insulting thousands of people, then perhaps he's not smart enough to be our president.

if Trump mocks a disabled guy because he doesn't like the things he's writing instead of focusing on the things that guys is writing, then he's not smart enough to be our president.

It's all there in black and white. Trump is shady, and manipulative and self serving and arrogant and has a personal Agenda and he likes insulting disabled people and our military veterans. I was in the Army and I'll tell you that's not okay. he's a jerk.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Exactly, have some tact. Learn how to insult someone that only insults them. If you are really good it is hard to see it is an insult.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
He is real. He is as real as all of you. The thing is that you usually hate in others what you hate about yourself or the shortcomings that do not allow you to obtain the same level as the person you do not like.

Let's break this down...

“He’s not a war hero,” Trump said. Sarcastically, Trump quipped, “He’s a war hero because he was captured.” Then, he added, “I like people that weren’t captured.”

He is not a war 'hero'. Being captured does not make you a hero. It puts you in a horrible situation. McCain is also well known as the POW since his father was CINCPAC during his capture. Can you name the other pilots? If not, get off the high horse and let it go.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
He is real. He is as real as all of you. The thing is that you usually hate in others what you hate about yourself or the shortcomings that do not allow you to obtain the same level as the person you do not like.

Let's break this down...

He is not a war 'hero'. Being captured does not make you a hero. It puts you in a horrible situation. McCain is also well known as the POW since his father was CINCPAC during his capture. Can you name the other pilots? If not, get off the high horse and let it go.

I think your on a slippery slope as you are trying to defend trump. Here's what I mean. It's a horrible thing to be a POW in general. Interrogation, Torture, and horrible living conditions on the bad end and on the good end, it's like being in Prison.

To take it a step further, If you were killed in action or shot or blown up or wounded are you also NOT a hero? I work with a guy that was Shot serveral times while serving in Iraq. Is he not a Hero? I mean we all like guys that without bullet holes better, right?
edit on 26-5-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Sorry but I still agree with Trump liking people that WEREN'T captured.

In a war you do not surrender to the enemy and be taken prisoner. You attack and kill and escape if you are captured. McCain just gave up because he is a coward. Sure Trump could have chosen better words, but any veterans who are offended, and were also POW's are only offended because they know Trump is correct, and they feel guilty for having given up after being captured. Ask any REAL war hero how they feel about Trump's comment if you want to know what people with some American backbone feel about being captured in a war.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I am not defending. I am putting it in context. My great-grandfather was a WW2 POW. He never considered himself a hero even thought he saved his flight crew and many others. He rarely talked about it. My great aunt wrote his memoir and it is incredible. My father served in Vietnam and never talked about it. You just don't. A great Uncle lost in Korea. A few more great uncles in WW2. They died but they were not 'heroes' in the traditional sense. It was tragedy.

A POW is strong and a person who is hurt but that does not make a hero. Could we say he is, yes, in a different context but I think the Trump reference is blown out of proportion. How I conveyed how I feel.
edit on 05pm31pmf0000002016-05-26T19:55:16-05:000716 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join