It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Department audit faults Clinton on email use

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Finally, after 30yrs of accusations, gossip, multi millions of dollars spent on investigations, we have something. She broke the rules.

A) That's not the same thing as breaking the law.
B) Will former Sec States also be named and shamed?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

With a Clinton...a case against them needs to be 'air-tight'. The FBI prefers 'air-tight'.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

This is LARGE !!!

Now the official statements and findings are coming into the light.

And guess what else?

This proves she lied in her official capacities

This is the beginning of the end

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I think that her days are numbered as well, but will they number less that the amount of time before the election, or will they expire after? If she were to get into office, it'd be hard to get her out.

But I don't know...what does the constitution say about a president getting incarcerated while in office?

Impeach the president......... and this would remove the criminal from office. Then he/she would hope for a presidential pardon otherwise stand trial for your crimes....

tell you what...when dick Cheney gets arrested and tried for treason for making a fortune in his Haliburton stocks that were part of his trust while he was vice-president, I might listen to you....if not...you have no credibility

How can you compare that little thief compared to what the CLINTONS have done?

Actually they should both be in prison.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Indict her already! I doubt it takes this long to compile evidence she broke the law!

There's a lot more to it than just that. They have to determine what programs and assets were compromised due to Hillary's "careless" disregard for proper security protocol because of convenience. They have to consider everything attached compromised and evaluate any intel they may have received that way as well.

They have to contact all the people involved in those programs and if they are in danger, relocate them immediately. Clinton's breach touches a lot more people than most think about.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I think that her days are numbered as well, but will they number less that the amount of time before the election, or will they expire after? If she were to get into office, it'd be hard to get her out.

But I don't know...what does the constitution say about a president getting incarcerated while in office?

Incarcerated? Most likely not. Forced from office in embarrassment? See Nixon.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Impeach the president......... and this would remove the criminal from office. Then he/she would hope for a presidential pardon otherwise stand trial for your crimes....

tell you what...when dick Cheney gets arrested and tried for treason for making a fortune in his Haliburton stocks that were part of his trust while he was vice-president, I might listen to you....if not...you have no credibility

How can you compare that little thief compared to what the CLINTONS have done?

Actually they should both be in prison.

because he personally made money, off of a war he helped start, against an enemy that wasn't.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

a reply to: AngryCymraeg

The old Hilley excuse of others did it doest not hold any water, the laws were different then, they have evolved since then.

And unlike previous secretaries of State, the department’s recordkeeping policies were more evolved by the time Clinton took office, the report maintained.

source

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Looselungjones2

I think you are believing what you want like many on here.

Are you implying these are more, as you said in another thread, "false lies" lol, errrrrrr I mean truths.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: MOMof3
Finally, after 30yrs of accusations, gossip, multi millions of dollars spent on investigations, we have something. She broke the rules.

A) That's not the same thing as breaking the law.

The 'Rules' were policies established in accordance with the Federal Records Act...and the ACT is the LAW.

"she did not comply with the Department’s policies that were implemented in accordance with the Federal Records Act."

www.politico.com...

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
From CNN:

The report draws attention to two staff members in the Office of Information Resources Management, who back in 2010 "discussed their concerns about Secretary Clinton's use of a personal email account in separate meetings with the then-Director" of their office.

The report says, "According to the staff member, the Director [Bryan Pagliano] stated that the Secretary's personal system had been reviewed and approved by Department legal staff [Cheryl Mills] and that the matter was not to be discussed any further." The same director reportedly "instructed the staff never to speak of the Secretary's personal email system again."

But the report notes that interviews with officials from the Under Secretary for Management and the Office of the Legal Adviser found "no knowledge of approval or review by other Department staff" of the server.
[bolded, bracketed comments added by me]

There's conspiracy, which should negate Mills' insistence upon attorney client privilege. Iwonder if she is one of the aides who were interviewed multiple times. The report that talked about the attorney client privilege use was leaked from DoJ. That could have been from their initial interview and when Mills pulled her stunt gone to a judge and then re-interviewed Mills without her 'shielding.'

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad

a reply to: AngryCymraeg

The old Hilley excuse of others did it doest not hold any water, the laws were different then, they have evolved since then.

And unlike previous secretaries of State, the department’s recordkeeping policies were more evolved by the time Clinton took office, the report maintained.

source

Also...and most important, 'the others' didn't EXCLUSIVELY put all classified government information on secret private servers.
The State IG report also singled Clinton's situation out as being more severe.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Even MSNBC has this as the lead story.........I think Hillary is close to bailing out.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Even MSNBC has this as the lead story.........I think Hillary is close to bailing out.

Clintons don't roll that way.
Right about now...she's loading a scapegoat loyal friend and/or aide into the jettison tube.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Man, the more tidbits I find, the more and more I want that damned report:

The report touched on the security risks of this set-up as well, saying that in January 2011, a “non-Departmental advisor to President Clinton who provided technical support to the Clinton email system” told a department official he had to shut down the server because he thought someone was “trying to hack us.” The adviser later wrote that same day, “We were attacked again so I shut [the server] down for a few min.”

Fox news

The server would have been under constant attack, which is one of the reasons you don't put SAP in an internet connected device.

It's currently the top story on my Google news feed.

It's being spun as "policy violations," in HIllary-land. You know, an oopsie...
edit on 25-5-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Federal Records Act

Any maximum penalties?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

The audit found that the non-compliance over personal email went beyond Clinton, and that former Secretary of State Colin Powell, a Republican, also failed to preserve government-related emails when he was secretary of state.

Indeed, the report’s conclusion cites “longstanding, systemic weaknesses” in electronic record-keeping “that go well beyond the tenure of any one secretary of state.”

www.msnbc.com...

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The whole purpose of the private server was to avoid FOIA. It was not for convenience.
She admits this:
"I don't want any risk of the personal being accessible."

So, I'm sure the FBI is investigating the things that Hillary was trying to hide. I hope that will be the next big reveal.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The state department just released a report (that would have been given the go ahead from the big O himself) that shows she broke the law.
The state dept says she broke the law how can the DOJ not indict?

That is alongside the fbi investigation.
Also alongside the FOIA hearing going on with testimony UNDER OATH.

She is quickly becoming surrounded with only a few ways out.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
The whole purpose of the private server was to avoid FOIA. It was not for convenience.
She admits this:
"I don't want any risk of the personal being accessible."

So, I'm sure the FBI is investigating the things that Hillary was trying to hide. I hope that will be the next big reveal.

Makes me wonder why Hillary didn't just use separate email addresses for "personal".

Or even a separate server?

I think she's toast now.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join