It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Months after vets fundraiser, Trump claims he gave $1 million to charity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Amid questions from reporters about what ever happened to his pledge, Donald Trump finally said he's donating the $1 million he had promised four months ago to veterans charities, when he held a fundraiser in Iowa ahead of the state's kickoff caucuses.

The donation itself comes four months after Trump first claimed he gave the money.

Back in January, at the Des Moines fundraiser he hosted in lieu of attending a Republican debate put on by Fox News, the businessman said he raised approximately $6 million for vets charities, and that "Donald Trump gave $1 million."

Earlier this week, Trump's campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, told "CBS This Morning" that Trump has already "taken a million dollars out of his personal account" and has "given it to charities that he felt was worthy and any remaining money would be distributed before Memorial Day."

The last several months have seen a flurry of lies from Trump around his Veterans fundraiser...Using Vets at every speech, bragging about the 6 Million he raised and how he gave 1M personally..

The past week with a minor media frenzy trying to find out where that money is and went revealed it was not 6 M...it was closer to 4 M...not all of it was disbursed and Trump Never gave 1 M...and still hasn't but pledged it last night to try and make the scrutiny go away.

The Federalist
Trump’s New Pro-Veterans Website Directs All Donations To Trump’s Personal Foundation

CBS
www.cbsnews.com...Months after vets fundraiser, Trump claims he gave $1 million to charity

Redstate
Did Donald Trump Lie About Giving $1 Million Of His Own Money To Veterans

WaPo
Four months after fundraiser, Trump says he gave $1 million to veterans group

WSJ
Veterans Protest Donald Trump Over Charity Pledge

To Summarize...

For many months Trump has boasted on the campaign trail that his Veterans Charity raised 6 Million Dollars including 1 Million that he gave himself..

The Media over the past couple months have increasingly asked where that money is, how much and who got it.

Trump refused to show the books or account for the money and in one interview barked "I don't have to show you that!"

As scrutiny increased this week...

The campaign admitted that it did not raise 6 Million, but modified the number to 4.5 Million...saying some pledges backed out.

The media called the 22 charities that Trump said they had given the money to and found that only 19 of them had gotten funds and the total was 3 Million at best.

And as the media pressed for Trump to disclose where he had personally donated his 1 Million dollar contribution to? The money he claimed was given and spent already? The brag line he has used for 4 months?

Well LAST NIGHT he called up a veterans charity and "pledged" 1 Million dollars...

No doubt, Trump Supporters care little about his perpetual stream of lies and scamming...

But in my strong opinion ...a Presidential Candidate BSing about giving to veterans for pandering purposes is beyond disqualifying.
edit on 25-5-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I don't like Trump.

He certainly isn't the Unifier-Would-Be-In-Chief he claims to be...

But if he pays the $1m what's the problem?

I watched that rally instead of the debate and it was very good.
It gained him respect from me where there once was none.

I think he has serious power trip problems and unilateral plans but I believe he will come good on this pledge.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
I don't like Trump.

He certainly isn't the Unifier-Would-Be-In-Chief he claims to be...

But if he pays the $1m what's the problem?

Because he is only paying it because the media hounded him?

Because he lied for months that he gave it already to Veterans? (Lied to veterans to get their nomination votes)

And even now he has only "said" he will give the million to the charity aka "Pledged"...so that charity has the pledge of someone that already lied about it for months...they have as much chance of seeing that money as the public does in seeing his tax returns....it will only happen if it absolutely has to, he has already repeatedly and proudly demonstrated his word is worthless.

edit on 25-5-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
But in my strong opinion ...a Presidential Candidate BSing about giving to veterans for pandering purposes is beyond disqualifying.

I agree. Let's disqualify anyone who has ever used Veterans in some disgusting way to pander to a portion of the electorate.

Then that way we can all vote for... wait, well, I guess that would leave nobody?

/sarcasm

I do agree with you. And I wish this kind of nonsense would really disqualify someone in the minds of the people too. We may just be voting in another President Johnson were that the case. And we still might.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: atomish

I don't see something like this as a sole motivator to disqualify me from voting for a candidate. This is just one more thing among a large stack of things sitting on a camel's back that has long since broken.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Thats a lot of money to move, a couple mil don't move around like your direct deposit pay check. I don't see the problem, at our local VFW charity the homeless vets awareness campaign it can take up to 3 months till all the money raised is distributed and that is only a few thousand.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
This is just one more thing among a large stack of things sitting on a camel's back that has long since broken.

I guess Trump supporters' camels have pretty strong backs. Because nothing this man does will break them. And Trump knows it. He can play people for fools and they just eat it up.
edit on 5/25/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I don't see something like this as a sole motivator to disqualify me from voting for a candidate. This is just one more thing among a large stack of things sitting on a camel's back that has long since broken.

Absolutely agree.

And that camel was decrepit, dilapidated looking from the second they marched it out onto the stage. This whole cycle is a joke.

I just thought it funny to think, if things like this actually DID disqualify people then maybe we wouldn't be witnessing this tragic comedy to begin with.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
If he does actually give that money to the Vets than good on him. That doesn't change the fact that he said he'd already done it to sway votes, but apparently didn't actually intend on giving any money until he was called on it. Another example on why i'm not entirely sure he can't be "bought." A million dollars is a drop in the bucket for him, but he still tried to renege on his statement. If he's willing to lie to veterans to keep a million dollars I shudder to imagine the sort of deals he'll be making if he's in office.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I just thought it funny to think, if things like this actually DID disqualify people then maybe we wouldn't be witnessing this tragic comedy to begin with.

The day that started happening would be the day political decisions in this country would finally start being formed intelligently versus through propaganda and popularity contests.
edit on 25-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: atomish

I agree. Let's disqualify anyone who has ever used Veterans in some disgusting way to pander to a portion of the electorate.

Then that way we can all vote for... wait, well, I guess that would leave nobody?

/sarcasm

I do agree with you. And I wish this kind of nonsense would really disqualify someone in the minds of the people too. We may just be voting in another President Johnson were that the case. And we still might.

At least he didn't 'Swift-Boat' them.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

This is just one more thing among a large stack of things sitting on a camel's back that has long since broken.

I guess Trump supporters' camels have pretty strong backs. Because nothing this man does will break them. And Trump knows it. He can play people for fools and they just eat it up.

I guess Hilary supporters' camels have pretty strong backs. Because nothing this woman does will break them. And Hilary knows it. She can play people for fools and they just eat it up.

Funny how THAT works, huh?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DorianSoran

Sorry, I thought this thread was about Trump. And I'm not a Hillary supporter, so saying that to me is irrelevant. Do you have anything to say about Trump's lies?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Wow I am aghast
I don't believe for one second that trump or any other politician would ever lie just to get some votes
Why are you people so cynical
I am off to a Benny Hinn church meeting right now, he said God needs my money

Surely we are all above trusting politicians, no matter what colour the animal is, surely, arnt we?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I think anyone who hangs on the nuts of ANY politician these days is probably misguided. Great the Trump threw some money around even if it appears to me not be totally sincere. Veteran's deserve far more than they get.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: atomish

Lets do exactly that! Hold candidates accountable for the lies they tell.

Strangely, you seem to be suggesting the exact opposite? Your neighbor cheats on their taxes so you decide it's A-OK to walk into a bank with an AK-47 and rob the place.

There is pandering to vets...and there is attempted fraud.

None of it should be tolerated...and the solution is not to decide the worst of it is now acceptable.

I have never seen anything comparable to the level of deceit, lies and greed Trump has proudly displayed and his supporters have defended.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Ok, unless you know how Trump moves his money, how do you know how long it takes for it to get from point A to point B? He is not exactly moving 100 bucks. He probably has a whole lot of accounts he pulled money from to get his 1mil, that takes time.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

How can anyone believe anything that comes out of Donald's mouth? He says one thing one day and retracts it the following day. If this was any other candidate, they would have been out of the running along time ago. He was quick to label Cruz as lying Ted, but Trump certainly doesn't take a back seat.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I am not a Trump supporter, so I have nothing to say about him OR his lies since Trump supporters will just defend him like Hilary supporters defend Hilary. Don't Even GET me started on Bern-ed-out supporters. Well, this banter died pretty quickly.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
What lies? Hounded by the press? He could care less about the press. The takeaway is that he did it. Nothing else needs to be said. He did not say he will not pay it now.

What is the issue? How much have the other candidates contributed? This is a guy who passed on a debate and had a rally and raised money. There were also multiple veterans orgs that said they would not take money from Trump that pissed off some vets that could use it. The money will all go to the veterans...

I think you should all be more concerned about which candidates are being paid and not those who are giving away money. I

This is all you have?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join