It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luke 19:27 Jesus: 'But those mine enemies...slay them before me.'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

And out of all the Koran verses you quoted, all I heard was " an eye for an eye"

-" And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out" = " an eye for an eye

You are neither a Theologian nor Muslim, nor a well read Christian. How about focus on YOUR relationship with YOUR heavenly Father and leave other folks be.... that would be the Christian thing to do. Love even those who are your enemy and stay far, FAR away from standing in judgement of others.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Funny stuff, as far as I am aware, Jesus didn't have any enemies, so this statement is a bit of a catch 22. Looks more like a test to find out if his followers were listening, maybe separate the intelligent from the idiots?

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Istaywoke77

And out of all the Koran verses you quoted, all I heard was " an eye for an eye"

-" And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out" = " an eye for an eye

You are neither a Theologian nor Muslim, nor a well read Christian. How about focus on YOUR relationship with YOUR heavenly Father and leave other folks be.... that would be the Christian thing to do. Love even those who are your enemy and stay far, FAR away from standing in judgement of others.

I read the Bible every day, and have for over 5 years. I am born again and will serve the Lord Jesus for eternity in heaven, of that I am very certain.

But from what you've said, if you died right now you would burn in Hell for all eternity. I encourage you to find Christ and abhor those things that are evil, such as the religion of islam.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Funny stuff, as far as I am aware, Jesus didn't have any enemies, so this statement is a bit of a catch 22. Looks more like a test to find out if his followers were listening, maybe separate the intelligent from the idiots?

Cheers - Dave

His enemies are Satan and the servants of Satan (muslims).

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans

Cheers - Dave

His enemies are Satan and the servants of Satan (muslims).

If God creates everything within this virtual construct, it means all good and all evil as well. It would be like wrestling, they're all working for the same boss. Anyway, the message was love and forgiveness. How can you acknowledge the existence of enemies if Jesus didn't acknowledge them? Can you speak for whatever Creator or cosmic muffin built this universe? I know I can't.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Sorry OP. I was a Christian for decades, and this parable has always been there, as well as this verse. It references a time when God himself will murder several billion people because they don't belong to the cult of Christianity. It's not a directive for Christians to harm anyone, it is a statement from god that he's going to do worse to the unbelievers(infidels, heathens) than he did to Sodom and Gomorrah.

This is what Christians pray for regularly, when they pray, "Come Lord Jesus". The torture and murder of all who are not like them. But they love you, and Christianity is all about love and compassion.
edit on 5/25/2016 by Klassified because: edit

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Cheers - Dave

Jesus didn't have any enemy's?
Did you ever notice the cross, the death, the Pharisees

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Sorry OP. I was a Christian for decades, and this parable has always been there, as well as this verse. It references a time when God himself will murder several billion people because they don't belong to the cult of Christianity. It's not a directive for Christians to harm anyone, it is a statement from god that he's going to do worse to the unbelievers(infidels, heathens) than he did to Sodom and Gomorrah.

This is what Christians pray for regularly, when they pray, "Come Lord Jesus". The torture and murder of all who are not like them. But they love you, and Christianity is all about love and compassion.

Yep, while I would argue a few silly misrepresentations it's mostly true

Don't make it about hate though, it's justice, justified punishment, I will lose family and friends as well.
It's not a good thing, it's just the way things will happen, it's what has to happen
Unbelievers make that choice not christians, it's not on us

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Cheers - Dave

I didn't realize an inanimate object was an enemy, He didn't die and the pharisees were confused and He forgave them.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Sharpening knives, planning a tour in mid-east on a cut-throat budget ?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I read the Bible every day, and have for over 5 years. I am born again and will serve the Lord Jesus for eternity in heaven, of that I am very certain.

I'm so sorry. I hope you get better.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Fascinating: The thread appeals to 3 of the hottest topics on ATS; Islam; Christianity; Mandela Effect!

I am leaving before the house burns down.

Too late ... already happened ....

3rd Crusade
1191 a.d.
27 Rajab, [August 20]
In the afternoon of Tuesday, about four o'clock

King Richard The Lionheart personally oversaw the execution of thousands of Muslims.

Beha-ed-Din was a member of Saladin's court and (along with much of the Saracen army who watched from a distance) witnessed the massacre of 2,700 of his comrades:

He did this because the Sultan did not fulfill his engagements and in consequence the prisoners were treated as those who would not that Jesus should rule over them. All told about 10,000 Muslims were executed after the siege of Acre. The Crusader kingdom was back! But the Sultan would not come out and play, thus abandoning all prisoners, ignoring all ransoms, and generally turtling for the duration. Eventually the Christians left for home, and the Sultanate started expanding again.

So... it already came true.

Mike Grouchy

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Yet you condemning me to hell ?!!!

So very Christian of you my dear! Only Jesus and the Lord will stand in judgement of my heart. I have neither murdered nor blasphemed the Holy spirit. Actually Blaspheming against the Holy Spirit is way worse than murder. I read that in my Bible, same book you claim to be reading the last five years. I gather you thought I was not Christian as I did not declare that in my previous statement and opposed your use of the Koran. I guess you've made yet ANOTHER asinine assumption. May I suggest you sharpen your reading comprehension skills so that you can STOP interpreting statements out of context.

Where is your peace of mind and heart Jesus promises when you follow him. I've have found it.. maybe you should too

BYE FELICIA!
GOD BLESS YOU CHILD!
edit on 25-5-2016 by Istaywoke77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

You are quoting a parable. A real to life story meant to bring about a truth.

It is about that truth that when Jesus Christ Returns as Lord of Lords and King of Kings to rule from Jerusalem he will judge Israel, Jews who were true to him will receive a reward of abundant life and those who were not will receive abundant death.

edit on 25-5-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

This is a parable. He is not speaking literally.

The story is about a king who goes away for a time and leaves his faithful servants with a coin each. While he is away, he made king of all even though people do not all wish it and some hate him for it. When he returns, he asks what the servants have done with their coins. The first two have each managed returns, one ten-fold, one five-fold. The third has simply hidden the coin away. The king is angry with the one who hid the coin away and orders his coin taken and given to the man who made a ten-fold return. Then he orders the ones who hated him for being king to be brought before him and killed.

This is an obvious parable of Christ himself and his followers. The coins are the Holy Spirit. The judgment at the end is referring to what will happen on the day of Christ's return when he judges the survivors. Those who turn away from Him and hate Him will be cast away.

Nothing about the religion has changed.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Cheers - Dave

I didn't realize an inanimate object was an enemy, He didn't die and the pharisees were confused and He forgave them.

Cheers - Dave

No silly
The inanimate object was the outcome of His enemys

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Christ taught to love enemies, turn the other cheek, bless those who curse you, and pick not up the sword.

Christ also spoke against hypocrites so of course Christ would follow his own teachings or that will make him a hypocrite (bad according to his own teachings).

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

And again, this is a parable about the end and His role in it. Go to the Gospels and you will see that He is very clear about what will happen at the final judgment over and over.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Cheers - Dave

Cheers - Dave

No silly
The inanimate object was the outcome of His enemys

You said the cross was an enemy. I guess that's how Killary will get away from treason charges, the email server did it.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

You said the cross was an enemy. I guess that's how Killary will get away from treason charges, the email server did it.

Cheers - Dave

Yeah silly me, just trying to explain with some context, what His enemys killed Jesus with.
Might have to be exact in every word around here in future I guess, with some people.

As for Killary and treason charges, whats your point, is this a legal matter, is she going to die on a cross, does she have enemy's, is it relevant to this post, am I on trial for my words

No the cross was not the enemy, the cross was the outcome of Jesus enemies, Jesus had enemies, still does
That was my point, nothing more, sorry for the confusion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join