It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Warning To Christians

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I did read the article and most christians will never accept homosexuality
or this transgender stuff as being normal.They will speak against them
and could end up in prison for their speech.

Mamabeth, please speak for yourself and other fundamentalist Christians on this topic. I am Christian, and do not accept your thoughts on this as my own, nor my church's, nor do many other Christians. We have a different take on it from what is believed by fundamentalists. No offense, I would just ask that in the future you qualify what you mean by "most Christians", as in "most fundamentalists". Thanks.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Okay so there's strong advocacy, not 100% though... well at least til Trump came along anyway.

You know...i get what you are saying. Im just busting your chops a little. I like to challenge the common political convention.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Mamabeth, please speak for yourself and other fundamentalist Christians on this topic. I am Christian, and do not accept your thoughts on this as my own, nor my church's, nor do many other Christians. We have a different take on it from what is believed by fundamentalists. No offense, I would just ask that in the future you qualify what you mean by "most Christians", as in "most fundamentalists". Thanks.

In reality, its all about either/or. Thats how the broad brush works.

You're either with us, or against us. It must always balance to zero.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Exactly... there's been a whole bunch of whining sparked by some severe delusions and it's lead to a not so terrific place. I'm tired of delusions and hypocrisy and I'm in the mood to bust chops over it myself.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

With that I can assume we must be reading from a different Bible.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Which one do you read? I've never come across the one that says that it's okay to ignore the rules about divorce but hyper-enforce the one about the gay folks. I've never come across the one that tells you not to kill yet condones fighting pointless wars. I've never come across the one that tells you to take care of the impoverished yet commands you to vote for laws that run counter to that wish. I've never come across the one that tells you to find the most vulnerable scapegoats in society and blame all of your problems on them. I've never come across the one that says to only judge sinners who fall into a minority bracket but forgive the ones that are convenient to forgive.

So I doubt that Ladyinwaiting is reading the same bible as you. They may look the same and have the same words but I am positive it is a very very different bible when you read it.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
You are truly insane. They have institutions for that...or medication at the least.

a reply to: peskyhumans

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Kindly google the amount of 'hate speech' cases that are prosecuted in Canada over the last 10 years.

You will find less than 5, probably less than 2. The idea is to update the old law to include better language to protect people in today's society.

This whole 'Christians are going to jail' for their beliefs is nonsense. The only way that's happening is if they encourage violence towards those people. Then that will get them charged with hate speech crimes.

As it should.

But come on, Christians are still very much the majority in Western culture, us atheists and agnostics are getting there, but it will be another generation before we do. And in any case, the decline of religious power in North America is a direct result of the church failing to make it's message actually make sense in the 21st century.

But this article is just fear mongering, trying to rile up Christians into actually committing crimes in the name of their religion.

It's literally the #1 tactic of religious zealots. Obfuscate and scare.

~Tenth

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Jesus never said anything about homosexuality. You reference biblical law that no longer applies if you believe that Jesus Christ died for your sins and ushered in the new testament, leaving the old behind.

~Tenth

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Also I'm going to link this post from another thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

because it's exactly what I"m talking about.

~Tenth

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Kennedy put a man on the moon,Obama put little boys in little girls toilets,back to my original point you dont have to be a genius to know we aren't going anywhere good.

So what? Neither of those accomplishments mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Plus your comparison trivializes everything else those two Presidents have done. You are just showing your bias against Obama here. That's all.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The Praetorian guard saved the day a few times,yes a strong system can survive fools and tyrants,but traitors and treason not so much.

The Roman Empire survived 8+ different revolts and rebellions. You don't consider rebels to be traitors and treasonous?

maybe.

or maybe they are patriots, liberating their nation from treasonous traitors.

I gotta give you that one. History is all about perspective. So let me rephrase that, wouldn't the Roman Empire consider those rebels to be traitors and treasonous?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
If I could imbed this I would.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Thank you!!!

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I've been debating with myself as to whether to respond to this, and obviously have decided to.

If we, as modern day Christians, did everything as it is written in the Old Testament, and followed those directives, we would be no better than Islamic jihadists. We would be Isis, murdering and stoning.

We put those old laws behind us immediately following the crucifixion. One of the first things I remember being taught by my Mother as a young child, was the Golden Rule. Think I'll just go with that.

God didn't make mankind to be perfect, I think maybe that would have bored him. He must enjoy watching what we do with all our choices and imperfections.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I have visited your nation in both 1982 and 2014 if you have not noticed how downhill its gone in that time and that your once great achieving nation aint achieving much anymore after being on this site for such a long time then I have to wonder whose interests you really represent

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I have visited your nation in both 1982 and 2014 if you have not noticed how downhill its gone in that time and that your once great achieving nation aint achieving much anymore after being on this site for such a long time then I have to wonder whose interests you really represent

Lol. You have two experiences with America and you think you know what you are talking about? For one, the US is the third largest country in the world. I've lived here my ENTIRE life and have lived in 6 different states and even -I- can't say how all the cultures in our country behave expertly. I still visit parts of the country that are so alien to how I live it might as well be a different country. Visiting the country twice (especially with a 32 year gap between it) then pretending like you are an expert on our country's trends is just so laughably stupid that I can't believe you even said it.

Where are you from? How many American tourists have you met there that knew your culture inside and out? I'm guessing few if any. Talk about pretentious...
edit on 26-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Theres obviously a second United States that you live in in an alternate universe where nobody does it tough and all is well...

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Theres obviously a second United States that you live in in an alternate universe where nobody does it tough and all is well...

Don't distort what I'm saying. You know DAMN well that I'm not saying that my country is perfect. I AM saying, however, that you are foolish if you think you know our problems better than I would.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join