It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Warning To Christians

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I did read the article and most christians will never accept homosexuality
or this transgender stuff as being normal.They will speak against them
and could end up in prison for their speech.

So laws against intolerance are being proposed, and that threatens Christianity because it is intolerant?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You don't believe that the terminology

"tolerant"

"tolerance"

has been manipulated forcefully in the direction the Oligarchy has long planned to go?

So far, tolerance, is a one way street as far as the oligarchy and media are concerned.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hate speech laws are actually laws of intolerance. If one cannot tolerate another's view, another's criticism, another's beliefs, and must set a law against it, that would make them intolerant, and that's what this law continues to push into legislation. For instance, the Canadian man who criticized feminism was brought to court under this law for hatred against women. The comedian who made fun of two women whom were making out in the front row of his show was brought to court under this law for hate speech against LGBT. Presumably, this will now pertain to jokes, criticisms, and comments about the transgendered.

Any law that prohibits certain speech is government-sanctioned intolerance against certain views. Do not dress it up as tolerance.
edit on 25-5-2016 by TheTory because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory
Hate speech laws are actually laws of intolerance. If one cannot tolerate another's view, another's criticism, another's beliefs, and must set a law against it, that would make them intolerant, and that's what this law continues to push into legislation. For instance, the Canadian man who criticized feminism was brought to court under this law for hatred against women. The comedian who made fun of two women whom were making out in the front row of his show was brought to court under this law for hate speech against LGBT. Presumably, this will now pertain to jokes, criticisms, and comments about the transgendered.

Any law that prohibits certain speech is government-sanctioned intolerance against certain views. Do not dress it up as intolerance.

ABSOLUTELY INDEED!

However, the king of hell delights in sowing confusing far and wide.

And, as my first course in anthropology noted . . . there has NEVER been a single culture--tribal or any other--that long survived a serious confusion between male and female roles that took root with wide sanction. ALL such cultures perished--usually, IIRC, within 50 years or so.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Worse, the feigned indignation shown in this thread against Christianity while at the same time turning a blind eye to an ever growing, ever powerful, ever paternalistic government, is ironic at best, stupid at worse. A growing government-sanctioned paternalism effects everyone; not just Christians.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I'm a heterosexual person who thinks of himself as Christian and has no issue with homosexuality, or to a certain length the current transgender points being raised. Speak for yourself - you don't represent me and I'd thank you for not implying you do.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

It doesn't seem like anything to do with Christians, other than (in a nutshell) an attempt to protect Christians and other "protected groups" from discriminatory practices. From the tone of the article (not the actual legislation), it sounds like Canada doesn't have Freedom of Speech enumerated.

Aside from that, we know no actual Christians will be perpetrating "hate speech" against anyone, for any reason. I just don't see how this is, in any way, an attack on Christianity. Would you mind explaining why you feel it is somehow anti-Christian legislation?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I am not trying to mock or belittle,I am a very loud and outspoken person.
I see myself as trying to warn others and remind them of upcoming trouble.
If my approach is too strong or wrong I will stand convicted and repent.

This thread was intended for christians to read and ponder the possibilities.
Too many have sold out or have gone to sleep and need a wake up calling.

Yes, I see your consistency. I have just chosen a different approach to being christian.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

You don't believe that the terminology

"tolerant"

"tolerance"

has been manipulated forcefully in the direction the Oligarchy has long planned to go?

So far, tolerance, is a one way street as far as the oligarchy and media are concerned.

But as far as im concerned, "tolerance" means more "do what you want with you and yours, leave me and mine alone".

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory

Worse, the feigned indignation shown in this thread against Christianity while at the same time turning a blind eye to an ever growing, ever powerful, ever paternalistic government, is ironic at best, stupid at worse. A growing government-sanctioned paternalism effects everyone; not just Christians.

ABSOLUTELY INDEED!

However, as you well know from long astute observations . . .

NONE are sooooooo blind as those who WILL NOT see.

Stubborn self-will; pride; rebellious tendencies; anger; selfishness; self-as-god memes; etc. etc. etc. have long jerked folks around by the gonads to their own destruction.

And all of us must keep in mind . . . the heart is deceitfully wicked, WHO can know it--but God.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
But as far as im concerned, "tolerance" means more "do what you want with you and yours, leave me and mine alone".

I think that's a reasonable definition.

However,

the oligarchy and those most outraged against Christians and Christianity have absolutely no intention of leaving Christians alone to do what they want with themselves and theirs.

That much is abundantly clear from their own documents and their own speeches in their own words.

Even on this thread, such an ATTITUDE is evident.

Just as some pigs are more equal than others on the Animal Farm . . . so some "intolerance" is more outrageous than others for those who wish to burn the status quo down around their ankles.

Certainly, from a Christian perspective, we are convinced from a long analysis of history as well as from our founding documents that INDIVIDUAL BEHAVIORS collected in a Nation as a whole--end up resulting in massive implications in terms of the universal law of REAPING WHAT WE SOW.

Or, another way, NONE OF US IS AN ISLAND.

The popular meme is somewhat akin to your assertion--do whatever feels good as long as you don't hurt anyone else.

Trouble is . . . LOTS of SEEMINGLY individual choices DO ultimately hurt others as well as the body politic and the culture as a whole.

The oligarchy knows this. That's why they have fanned the flames of outrageous hedonism; sexual acting out of every flavor; rampant gratuitous violence; etc. etc.

Anyway--all that argument is a book length exercise . . . just mentioning some blips of it here.

Even though Christians are firmly aware of such dynamics and historical forces and their consequences--we'd still be largely accepting if folks would leave us to do our own priorities with our own selves and families.

But the other side is NOT willing to let it go at that. And it's a lot more than merely about baking a cake or not baking a cake. The camel's nose has long been under the tent edge. And he's starting to wrestle himself into the whole tent and destroy it wholesale.

edit on 25/5/2016 by BO XIAN because: tags

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Holy Good Lord Almighty! Where to even begin with that shockingly misguided post?! I'll just address the first ridiculograph (that's "ridiculous paragraph"), because it doesn't make any more sense from there.

originally posted by: peskyhumans
If they can twist gay marriage into being an expression of religious freedom, when marriage is a Christian sacrament and homosexuality is clearly defined as an abomination in the Holy Bible and a sin worthy of stoning, then there is no doubt in my mind that a similar law to the one in the OP could be passed in the United States.

Put simply...marriage has existed pretty much worldwide for far longer than Christianity has existed. Just because it is a Christian sacrament doesn't mean it can't be done by those of other (or no) religion. You...(no, it's not possible)...you didn't actually believe that marriage is solely a Christian institution, did you?

Further, the Old Testament definition of homosexuality as an abombination worthy of stoning is completely meaningless in a society with religious freedom, to all except those who subscribe to said beliefs. I'm a Christian, and not only do I see no reason why I should care whether homosexuals marry each other, I don't feel the least bit threatened by them doing so. In fact, I feel Christian marriage faces a far greater threat by the existence of the common sparrow (yes, the bird) than it does gay marriage.

I don't mean to sound too "attackey", but your entire post had every synapse in my mind capable of being baffled by nonsensical insanity firing full-throttle.

May the Peace of Our Lord, Jesus Christ be with you.

Wow.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

a reply to: DeathSlayer

I am not fearful either and I am just trying to let other christians know
what is happening.

They're either awake and see it already or they'll be like most everyone else on this thread and eager to jeer or scoff. To them, we look as absurd as Noah building his giant ship in the desert.

Funny this thread should crop up a couple of nights after I dreamed about being in large crowd. There was a massive storm with multiple tornados bearing down on us, and some people knew of a shelter. They took off, but I stayed longer trying to tell people about that safe place. Almost all of them ignored me and either ran or drove off in random directions, some right toward and funnels. I barely made it into the shelter in time.

This thread is like that.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

So laws against intolerance are being proposed, and that threatens Christianity because it is intolerant?

It does in the same manner affirmative action threatens white males. Which is to say that since white males are the majority and therefore automatically perceived to be the non-victim all the time, you can absolutely assume that you can never be biased against them in any way, shape, or form. They are, after all, white males and all the world is their oyster.

Laws against intolerance work much the same for Christians. The culture is assumed to have been created by them and therefore it oppresses everyone not them. Therefore, they are automatically always the oppressor and never, ever can be oppressed in any situation. It is impossible for anyone else to be intolerant of the majority because it was the majority and therefore was already intolerant of you first.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

it would be a lot easier to leave any group alone if they didn't ring my doorbell to sell their religion to me while my wife was asleep, or i was preparing supper.

I am unsure what the oligarchy or media is trying to do. i walked away from Christianity as a child because I was tired of seeing good people being told they were inferior or would burn in hell for doing something that a particular sect of Christianity took issue with. An example: being told you will burn in hell for wearing a pair of shorts when it is 110 degrees. That's just no way to maintain a following.

ETA: Christianity isn't the only group, so don't get me wrong. Its unfortunate, but i won't be able to vote on a single state level candidate this election cycle. I refuse to vote for anyone who uses a robot dialer to call me during what is well known to anyone in this area to be family dinner time. The fact that I have to listen to the phone ring, then this long political schpiel, while trying to have a conversation with my wife during dinner is offensive to me. Even worse; its not even a live person.

i've considered getting some tech together to do robot calls. Had they not fired the local high school principle, he would have been my first victim. Any piece of communication that i needed to deliver to the school....set it up in a series of 3 robot calls to call him at home in the evening. see how he likes it.
edit on 5/25/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I am not Christian if anything I would be Buddhist,its not just Christians its anyone with moral values and common sense being newtered at the moment,Muslim immigration,moral decay,sexual confusion and perversion,crippling national debts,corrupt politicians,illegal wars,drug epidemics,increasing illiteracy and stupidity runs rampant and if you speak against any of it your racist,homophobic or unpatriotic.

There is no bright future for Western civilization,its finished its over be it in five or 50 years its gone and God only knows what will replace it.

edit on 25-5-2016 by khnum because: boo boo

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Laws against intolerance are stupid. people should be left to work out that kind of stuff on their own.

But it is really amusing to hear the spin of 'laws against intolerance are going to affect Christians the most'. I assume i don't need to explain why.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
I am not Christian if anything I would be Buddhist,its not just Christians its anyone with moral values and common sense being newtered at the moment,Muslim immigration,moral decay,sexual confusion and perversion,crippling national debts,corrupt politicians,illegal wars,drug epidemics,increasing illiteracy and stupidity runs rampant and if you speak against any of it your racist,homophobic or unpatriotic.

There is no bright future for Western civilization,its finished its over be it in five or 50 years its gone and God only knows what will replace it.

Well aren't you just a big bag of optimism?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ten years ago I read the History of the decline and fall of the Roman Empire by Edward Gibbon,now I am watching it on the news each night.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I didn't say they would affect us the most. I would say that right now they are being aimed our way a lot. Not as in made with us in made, but certain groups are getting their jollies by using them against us.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join