It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange happenings and unnatural behaviour?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Hi,

This is my first post on ATS since I became a member in 2008. I always liked this paged and have followed many of the users with interest in different topics.

First of all i want to honor my love of my life Benedicte, she passed away now exactly 1 week ago today due to self inflicted damages, 31 years old. She was my universal flame that will follow me to the end of my days. I Love you. Then, as now, as forever.

Now I have some questions that is both in the paranormal, philosophy and dreams and predictions forum so I post it here in the middle of everything.

Since the day it all happened I’ve been going to an emergency therapist that is an expert in these kinds of death and traumatic experiences. I have talked a lot about how we lived what we did and how I feel. I am not a believer in god or any other god or religion but respect the ideas and the beliefs of others. Me and my Benedecte talked a lot about death and what we think will happen afterwards. We have the same view in this matter and it goes from the scientific reason and supported evidence that we are all built up by energy in different forms, everything is connected through the universe on the atom level, each other biologically and we believe that every single human have their own unique energy that some calls a ”soul” or ”spirit” or are connected to chakra. (I will call it a soul just for the easy meaning of it) We believe that we always will be connected and in some sort, maybe not right now in the moment but that our ”souls” or energy will find each other again. Like it will with all ”souls” that have a strong energy attachment to the one they love. It’s universal.

The first real experience I had with Benedicte was when just had fallen I love and we were hiking up this mountain, when we reached the summit and we looked out over the vast landscape and in that moment together we had an extreme “déjà vu” kind of experience that we knew that something here is happening it went on for some minutes. In our relationship we had lots of them separately but this one was very special because it came to us at the same time, which is not impossible but strange indeed. Never the less, we had a very special connection from the beginning.

The experience:

The day I came home and the police informed me what had happened I just blacked out, I have very vague memories of the actual moment, I know I tried to break in before the police arrived and I saw a letter on the table just before they dragged me out and I haven’t read it yet. It’s still under investigation but i know that this has happened due to the extremely hard psychical burden she have had gone through before.

This was on a Wednesday. I don’t have any memory of Thursday but on Friday the 20th I woke up from the chock and I was given permission to go back to our apartment where it happened. The first I recall when I enter is the smell, the smell of herbs or some kind of herb bush. I thought she had bought new flowers or a new perfume so I didn’t really cared so much about it at the moment. So I started cleaning up and just tried to calm down which I couldn’t so I just started sorting everything she had, papers, clothes everything. After a whole day of cleaning I went outside to just get away for moment and get some fresh air, when I came back I instantly notice this smell. I tried to figure out where it came from because it was only concentrated in our hall and the middle of the kitchen.

I smelled all our foods, all our clothes, all our detergents, perfumes, garbage, candles, seasoning, lockers, bed, I smelled on everything we had. It took me hours to confirm that it’s not anything we had in our apartment before. It was so confusing so a told my upstairs neighbors if they could smell it or recognize it. And they could indeed smell it but they didn’t know what it was.

I couldn’t sleep in our apartment the first or second night so i stayed just one floor up with Benedictes and my friends that also smelled this herb bush adore. The first night here something happened, I noted down the time after it happened 02:21 on Saturday the 21th. I woke up when a cartoon picture of a girl felled down just next to my head. She was singing just like Benedicte liked to tease me when we were fooling around because I always got embarrassed, in a good way of course.

I haven’t been thinking about it a lot but it was a weird circumstance, after this I couldn’t sleep so I just sat down and was in chock and half dreaming mode. The hours went on and about 07.30 in the morning I went down stairs to our apartment again. Before i opened the door I could smell the herbs again and when i opened the door and stepped in in our hallway, the smell was so strong that you cold almost grab it. I told my neighbors and they came down and they were paralyzed because they could really smell it now. It was there and it was only in our hallway and in our kitchen.

They helped me to try locating the smell once again and we went through everything with out results. It was just there. On Saturday evening still 21th I had a visit from one of here best friends, and she also smelled it right away she stepped inside. We talked a lot about the situation and that we would hold a memory ceremony for here the day after on Sunday the 22nd on the restaurant we had our first real date. I still couldn’t sleep in our apartment so i stayed on our neighbor’s floor upstairs again.

On the morning of the ceremony Sunday the 23rd i went down and the smell was still there, only this time it was milder and not as strong as yesterday the 22nd. I left early because i had to get my sister at the airport and when she got home to me and Benedicte she also could smell it. Now i have 4 people that have smelled this odor in the same place as before. We went down to the restaurant and the ceremony began at 12:00 and ended 17:30. After this we went home. And when we stepped inside the apartment and the smell was gone. Totally gone. Now it smells just like before, the smell of Benedictes perfume and our laundry.

At this moment I’m speechless and i have no clue what so ever to what it was. Even if lots of the people I talked to are 100 % positive that it is Benedicte in some form that are greeting us I have a hard time to get my mind over it. But somehow I can feel that there is something, I don’t know what but something that have to be a link to all this because the circumstances are to obvious.

The same night as the ceremony the 23rd I slept in in our bed again. But just before I got to bed around 23:45 in the bedroom I walked into this tiny ”cloud” of herb odor. I could smell it just for a moment, the thing is that I didn’t go around and was searching for the smell it was just there.
I can compare it to when you are out walking and suddenly there is this smell of a cigarette. But in this case the smell of herbs, and as swiftly you step inside this ”cloud” as swiftly it’s gone. Anyhow i told my sister and I went to bed.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
On Monday the 24th I had had the honor to meet my lovely Benedicte and talk to here before we travelled home to here birthplace for the funeral. Just before I left to the hospital around 12:30 I once again stepped in to this ”cloud” of herb just in front of the refrigerator in the kitchen. This time I was quick and made a cross pattern in the room to see if was expanding or if it just was my imagination. You know how astronomers are looking for stars and when they find a signal they turn the radioscope from the source and back again to see that it is a fixed positioned signal coming from the source. This smell was in a fixed positions, you could just step a meter to the left right down or up and it wasn’t there, but when I stood where it originally where it was a positive match if you can call it so.

Before I meet up with Benedicte at the hospital I actually hoped that she would be there with me when I talked to here but it was empty. I didn’t feel that she was there, I’m still devastated just because I honestly believed that she would be there in some form to help me read through all the greetings from all of here friend from the ceremony and all the people who cared about her and everything I had to say to her. But anyhow, she was and is the most beautiful human being that ever existed on this planet, both in heart, looks and mind.

Evidence:
5 different people have smelled it. Two of them have smelled it from Friday to Sunday in different intensity. It was a physical thing.

The locations of these smells were in our hallway that is 8 square meters
and in our kitchen that is 20 square meters. Total apartment area is 75 square meters, with a total air volume of 180 cubic meters. There is natural ventilation in this house but they have been closed almost all the time and the weather since Wednesday has been heavy rain so smells from outside hasn’t been a realistic factor.

These small “clouds” appeared 4 times in total. Once on our bedroom, once just in front of our refrigerator and twice in the stair up to our neighbor, which I now see I forgot to tell u. We are very close with our neighbors and Benedicte loved their 1-year-old son.

Note: I have never in my life smelled this kind of thing.

Questions:
What are the possibilities that this smell came just now on these days?
What could be the source of the smell?
Does someone have the same or similar experience?
What is your general thought about this?

Good to know:
If you didn’t know this from earlier, a smell is the nose ability to detect certain molecules, there are no specific smell particles and they are formed when
an object is so called ”loosing weight” or are decomposing. It’s a chemical process and we can smell tens of thousand different smells and the main purpose for this sense is a primitive legacy that will help humans detect danger.

Thank you for reading and if you have any questions please ask and I shall answer. And excuse my grammar or mistakes; it was a long time I wrote something this long in English.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: employe

A while back I saw a documentary (and followed it up by reading some of what the person in the documentary wrote).

It was about quantum physics and how any given particle can be in two places at the same time.... and by extension the electric impulses that make up our minds/souls can be in two places a the same time.... so when they physical body dies, the mind/soul can go on.

This was going back a few years but I'll try to find the person's name later today.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Thank you for answering, and i got chills when i read quantum physics because Benedicte and i talked a lot about this subject and please if you find the documentary. Send it to me. Thank you!!

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
An emotional thread.. For many reasons.

I have an experience that I will share with you, which I have never shared before.

My brother passed away 10 years ago and at the time I didn't believe in any paranormal subjects.
I was going through a hard time with it and a friend suggested that I see a psychic.. I didn't believe in it so dismissed it instantly.
Then a few days later I thought what the hell, so I took out a phone book and selected a random advert for psychic.
It was out of my area and this woman knew nothing about me.

To cut a long story short, she told me things that no one could guess.
I was carefull to give nothing away during this season, but what she did tell me was, my brother dies recently and exactly how it happened, he was buried in white, described him perfectly and told me his unborn child would be a girl with a birthmark in her eye..
She was born with blue eyes and a brown birthmark a one of them.

I personally believe now, that this life doesn't end here, there is something else, it's just we don't understand it.

With this knowledge it did make me live my life better, knowing that one day we will all be together again.
And that there is more than a black void when we leave this plain of existence.

My condolences for your loss..

edit on 25/5/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Sorry for your loss. Love never dies...your love is not gone.....just away for awhile. You will see each other again....

MS

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'm sorry that you are going through this experience. Rest assured thought that your loved one didn't go anywhere, more like she "changed."

I had a similar thing happen the next morning that my friend and Brother-in-law died. I was devastated. I was sitting at this computer and all of a sudden it was if someone took the stinkiest sneaker and stuffed it right in my face - out of nowhere. I was dumbstruck, I couldn't believe it. That sh!tfritter Brother-in -law of mine gave me the stink of his pontoon sized hoofs, one last time. He was proving to me that nobody "dies."

Have no fear, friend. Your loved ones never leave you, you just need to learn how to hear them through all the clutter in your mind...Good luck

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I am sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing this very touching experience.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Im sorry for your loss, my brother. My whole heart goes out to you.

And in my humble opinion, Benedicte is absolutely right there with You! Im sure she wants you to know that shes always around.

My friend often just talks to her brother because she knows hes there, and the most amazing "signs" have occurred. One day, she was reminiscing about Chris, and was like " I wish I could just call him cause he'd have a million jokes about this!" and later that evening, the phone rang for at least 8 times. Neither of us moved to answer it.. hell I was literally paralyzed by the sound because her phone had been disconnected for months due to her "conscious uncoupling" with society and her real attempts to " go off the grid". She started laughing hysterically, she said, "Boy you almost gave me a heart attack, im sure you're somewhere slapping you knee right now! I love you Chris"! Then the lights flickered. Always the prankster!

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Just a thought...have you tried to identify the scent yet? It might mean something to you. Perhaps she wanted you to know that it is indeed her and that afterlife that you talked about exists and that you will meet again.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I also wondered if the herb scent may not be random but may have been from a special time like the plants on the mountain where you both had your experience together or another memory she may be trying to provoke in you.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I am really sorry for your temporary loss.

Do not forget that we are spiritual beings having a corporal experience and not the other way around. Spirit is not bound by time or space. Only our bodies are. Even though she may have decided to jump to the other side a bit earlier, what is time in the face of eternity? The years you may be apart from her right now, will mean nothing with the infinite ahead of you, together. Hang in there, brother.

As for the fragrance and your experience. Make no mistake about it. It is her.

Before we move to wherever we are supposed to move to after we die, we still hang around in this plane of existence for a short while, while we make sense of what has happened and have the courage and peace of mind to leave all our loved ones behind.

Talk to her. Do it aloud, as if she was there physically (she still is there with you in a way you probably would not understand...sad little rational creatures that we are). Tell her how much you love her and how happy she made you during the time you were together. She will listen.

Talk to her. Not only with your mind, but with your voice and heart. She is probably worried for you and hurting about the state she left you in. Speak to her and let her go in peace, brother. Let her know that you will be ok.

For her to jump to the other side, she needs to know that you will be ok. That despite all the hurt and pain and numbness, you will be ok. Let her know you will be fine and that (eventually) you will be happy again. And with that, even if it takes all the strength in you, let her go in peace. Wish her a good journey, let her know you will catch up with her whenever your time here is up, and let her go.

I embrace you dearly, brother. I hope you find peace soon.

"Death is nothing at all.
I have only slipped away to the next room.
I am I and you are you.
Whatever we were to each other,
That, we still are.

Call me by my old familiar name.
Speak to me in the easy way
which you always used.
Put no difference into your tone.
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.

Laugh as we always laughed
at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me. Pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word
that it always was.
Let it be spoken without effect.
Without the trace of a shadow on it.

Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same that it ever was.
There is absolute unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight?

I am but waiting for you.
For an interval.
Somewhere. Very near.
Just around the corner.

All is well."

edit on 25-5-2016 by RadioKnecht because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
We used to get smells of Lavender after my mom passed. The new owner changed the name to lavender cottage.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Thank you for your response, im sorry for your brother and it seems like you made it through the hard times. Interesting story you have, im not ready to try something like that yet. I have never really believed these psychics but maybe I'll give it a try when some time has passed. Thank you again. a reply to: Misterlondon

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Thank you. I believe so to, it's a very interesting topic. a reply to: mysterioustranger

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Interesting, yes I believe that she has "changed" the transformation of energy is constant but the hart part is to identify where it is and where it comes from. Thank you for your response. a reply to: donktheclown

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Thank you!! a reply to: reldra

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
That is a very clever idea, I will take your advice and get intouch with a professional in the agricultural/flower department after this settles a bit. Thank you!! a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
That's a good thought, I will look it up. Thank you!! a reply to: Char-Lee

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Well written, I really agree with the time and space. Humans are the only species that we know that can identify time in a way that has a psychological meaning. Despite a lot of animals have their biological clocks as we do, they do not follow a time perspective that are based on the timescale we use to. Thank you for your response, very interesting. a reply to: RadioKnecht

edit on 25-5-2016 by employe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join