It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect: Intentional or unintentional?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
a reply to: hidingthistime

I wouldn't try it either...

but if your friend is interested in this kind of stuff here is a link that might be usefull...

Egregore

However I wouldn't advise it (just because it doesn't feels right)

i think i will make a one day only rule, just things like drunk n dials and drunk texting mistaKes....lol 😃

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
People are simply not processing the information correct. There is a problem embedding short term memories into long term memories.

People believing mandela dieing simply had the wrong information. They processed the wrong information initially( no phenomenon ), then didn't have the media access upon his release ( no phenomenon ).

It's simply reconstructive memory. Everyday we remember things wrong, facts we believed to be true. This does not mean we are experiencing memories from a parallel universe. Just a victim of bias and our own desires ( people may have felt he deserved to die in prison).

Just another flat earth phase without even trying to understand the psychological foundations of this apparant phenomenon.

Those that attribute this to other universes experiences will no doubt believe in some sort of reincarnation concept.

edit on 25-5-2016 by GemmyMcGemJew because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
My opinion :

This reality is Simulated by an higher order.
Simulation is changing properties.
The effect is very recent.
The effect is getting more intense (but also fake ME effects made by people that want attention).

Conclusion : If the past can be altered , human history might be different than we believe it to be.
if the past can be altered , fundamental physics is not fundamental but also simulated.

I was thinking of something along the same lines, thank you.

I just found out there are at least two countries that have suddenly appeared (as far as I can tell).

Mongolia
Andorra

Mongolia was part of China in my previous awareness. I'm certain of that because I studied the map of China very closely. I just did some research on Mongolia and I hadn't heard of any part of the country or its history. I had never seen the flag before. It has literally appeared in my reality. There is no way I could have missed it.

I don't think I could have completely missed the existence of Andorra. I feel like I'm living in a Twilight Zone episode. I'm also finding that the world map has apparently changed in many places as well.

In your studies of the Mandela Effect, did you find anything such as the above?
edit on 25-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

This is called Argumentum ad populum

No it is not.

In argumentation theory, an argumentum ad populum (Latin for "appeal to the people") is a fallacious argument that concludes that a proposition is true because many or most people believe it: "If many believe so, it is so."

An Argumentum ad populum would be "many believe in the ME, so it must be real", but is this the exact argument being used? No it is not.

The argument is, "many people share the same certain experiences, which could be explained by the ME theory".

It's not the same thing.

If 10 people were in the vicinity of a homocide, and 5 of them saw the killer, and the DA says to the judge that he has 5 witnesses pointing out the killer, can a lawyer then object and shout "Argumentum ad populum"?

If a theory is based on the experience of multiple people, it is an argumentum ad populum per definition? I don't think so.

If you are going to refer to logical fallacies at least make sure you understand what they mean, and where they apply.

There was an experiment conducted on people who visited Disneyland, they were surveyed a year later and got asked if they remember hugging Bugs Bunny. Over a third said yes...

But this is a setup. They obviously hugged some fluffy toon animal, and a seed was planted by suggesting it was Bugs Bunny. What if they had asked did you hug one of our characters, then I bet most would have remembered correctly.

We know that our memories can be fallable but it doesn't mean more than that. Can be.

edit on 25-5-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Maybe time travel has started recently, we've all heard about time lines changing if anything in the past gets tampered with. God knows what they're up to.......

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
hi all, my name is lyndon. avid (a year-ish) ATS lurker, closet extraterrestrial enthusiast, and recently decided to make an account!

the mandela effect has always fascinated me from the moment i first heard about it. i believe there is something odd happening, considering it's very odd that i, for example, distinctly remember spelling Berenstain as Berenstein when i was young. i know this because i would always misspell it with an A, and my mom (she used to read me those books as a kid before bedtime) would always correct it for me by spelling it with an E. i noticed the change many months before the whole Berenstein bear theory cropped up on facebook, even going back and reaffirming my suspicions with my very old and used copies of the children's books. all mysteriously spelt with an A instead of E. and then, poof. the video appeared. an incredibly odd coincidence.

anyways, i'm rambling. i do think something beyond our comprehension is happening; what that may be, i don't know if i can properly assume without more proof. unfortunately, this issue boils down to the facts, and if history has been changed, then physical evidence of that other historic timeline has vanished and all we have is our collective consciousness and memories to rely on.

if we have infinite universes, or this is all some sort of virtual simulation winding down and something epic in scale is about to shift our very existence, i can confidently say it'll be the most significant event in human history. whether or not we can grasp it, that's another story.

but to the naysayers: you have no proof that it's just a collective memory lapse, either. the mandela effect will likely never be fully solved in this reality, whether it be true or untrue. we can only sit and wonder.

thanks for reading.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Suddenly , "Mendela Effect" is all over this forum. I had never heard of this expression until about a couple of months ago.

I do not think that this is a phenomenon worth looking into. There is nothing of value to come out of it , IMHO.

Our whole physical world seems to be nothing more than a deliberate maintenance of a time-space relationship/continuum. We place objects around us and maintain their relative position. We hold on to a storyline and let it unfold. At times , something slips up, giving us a cause to question if something happened or not (at other time , it is just us getting old or forgetful).

It is more fulfilling to investigate the inter-action between mind and matter - or ,rather, the fact that they are one and the same.

edit on 25-5-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finnmac

Maybe time travel has started recently, we've all heard about time lines changing if anything in the past gets tampered with. God knows what they're up to.......

Who is the "they" you're referring to?

originally posted by: lyndonalexander
but to the naysayers: you have no proof that it's just a collective memory lapse, either. the mandela effect will likely never be fully solved in this reality, whether it be true or untrue. we can only sit and wonder.

thanks for reading.

It may never be solved. But, I have come across something that I consider to be proof that the Mandela Effect is not just a memory lapse. Please start watching the following video at 7 minutes in. The gentleman in the video first shows you a verse in an old King James Bible that he claims has been changed as a result of the Mandela Effect. Please note that many agree with him about that (including myself).

The proof comes in when he turns to an old Biblical reference book for the King James Bible which has not been changed. It still has the original verse as so many remember it. His case is that the King James Bible was changed but the reference book was not changed simply because it is not an actual King James Bible. This is the only thing I've seen that I could call proof that the Mandela Effect is real, so far.

www.youtube.com...

originally posted by: crowdedskies

Suddenly , "Mendela Effect" is all over this forum. I had never heard of this expression until about a couple of months ago.

I do not think that this is a phenomenon worth looking into. There is nothing of value to come out of it , IMHO.

You have every right to think that way.

However, for myself, I just had a huge country pop into my reality. There is no way I could have missed the country of Mongolia located between China and Russia. One of my best friends is a Chinese person who has a parent from Mongolia. Previously my understanding was that their parent lived in China their entire life because Mongolia was part of China. I'm going to get in touch when them today to see if they're surprised that Mongolia is a separate country.

I cannot imagine how someone could not investigate such a thing. It would be irresponsible not to investigate it IMHO.
edit on 25-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

However, for myself, I just had a huge country pop into my reality. There is no way I could have missed the country of Mongolia located between China and Russia. One of my best friends is a Chinese person who has a parent from Mongolia. Previously my understanding was that their parent lived in China their entire life because Mongolia was part of China. I'm going to get in touch when them today to see if they're surprised that Mongolia is a separate country.

I cannot imagine how someone could not investigate such a thing. It would be irresponsible not to investigate it IMHO.

I cannot recall that I have had any reality change, apart from the usual lapse where you think someone is dead when they are not. As for Mongolia, I always remember it as a country (not as a part of China). If I now look at a map of the world and it is part of China , I would probably rush to the doctor in panic.

Seriously though, where do you draw the line ? Our brains does play tricks on us.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

hmmm... Andorra. Learnt about that 3 years ago.
Which was kinda wierd because when I asked my father he said
we were there on a holiday?! when I was very young 3.
Mongolia was part of communistic China ,
but don't quote me on that because when it comes to Geographic I'm an absolute zero.
Kinda wierd is the island of Brasil , so maps can change. ME? I don't know.

Greetings from the other side of the Twilight zone

edit on 5262016 by frenchfries because: used smaller than sign , removed

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   

I don't like star warz but I do know it's been debunked and still angers star war buffs today. it is qouted as

"No, I am your father" if I remember correctly, apologies I cannot watch videos atm, I'm not well versed on the bible so I will look thosr quotes up.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Andorra had been a soveriegn place for over 1000 years I believe. I learned about it at the age of 7 from an encyclopedia set produced bt Clement Attlee. I remember being fascinated by micro-states and nations... Places like Morroco and San Marino... The most famous being the Vatican.

Andorra has been real to me for at least 18 years, I read up on it when hearing about rumours of a Catalunyan independance from Spain a few year ago.

Mogolia is the Steppes of Asia, that hugh plateau created by the Himalayas and borders Kazhakstan to the north?. I can imagine China is very interested but as far as I know it isn't theirs yet... Communist occupied in the past I believe and it has stood for atleast 30 years from what I remember of old maps.

Did I mention I like maps

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I'm not a Bible believer anymore. Because of your tone (not only in the post above but in another post you directed at me), I don't plan to reply to you again.

But its ok for you to have a "tone" with Christians, telling them their religion has changed (implying Mandela Effect). Whats the matter don't want to play? You gonna take your toys and go home? tsk, tsk, tsk

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join