It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scare me, please.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Yes but won't it be best for her to start off at least with some fruit and veg? I'm not sure she could manage heavy foods to start with.I agree with what you're saying but it's probably better she eases into eating more.Bananas contain potassium,which is good for the heart and body system.Strawberries and kiwifruit are superfoods and Look appetizing too.A salad of bananas,strawberries,kiwi and a few raisins is yummy and super healthy,especially with some honey drizzled over it.

I 'm thinking of getting some vitamin C into Rukia,she may have a deficiency by now.About the potato chips,even nicer when fried in coconut oil.Same with the chicken breast,we use only coconut oil,it is healthier than sunflower which is often GMO-and everything fried in it tastes nicer.

And then soups,like butternut and veg soups,very very healthy.Thing is,her stomach is not used to processing big plates of food or very heavy foods,i would think its best she starts off just eating small meals but meals containing concentrated goodness and the the healthiest ingredients possible.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Someone, please scare me. Don't sugar coat anything. Let me hear the worst. I need to wake up.

The absolute hard truth?

................there's not a damn thing any one of us could say, that will motivate you to do better. This one is all on you. Just like people who want to quit smoking can get moral support from friends and family, in the end, it's all up to you to actually do it.
You know this is hurting your body.
You know you need to do something.
You know you will die if you keep this up.
Someone seemed to suggest you are vain? I have never, in my life, seen a woman so beautiful that a few more pounds will ruin that. If it is vanity that's doing this......get over yourself. No one is that good looking.

Do you really think another 10 lbs is going to make her ugly?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I think it would make her prettier but that`s just me
About the rest, well said. It is a matter of choice and willpower

a reply to: rukia

Oh and one thing I forgot to mention is that you should add fats to your diet. It is essential for your body to get fats but not just any fats, In fact try to avoid trans fats. But things like milk, cheese, beans, salmon are good if not abused. It will help your body to save power once it exhausts all the carbohydrates and won`t go for your vitamins and proteins which are essential for your immune system and stuff like muscles, cartilage, ligaments, skin and hair. Carbos are drained quickly so if there is no fat, vitamins and proteins are next and you are already enroute to starvation. Don`t worry about getting some weight, as long as you are physically active you`ll burn it all and feel great.

About fruits and vegetables you probably already know much so I won`t bother explaining further but I`d like to mention that eating it raw is much much better than boiled or cooked because of properties lost during the process. I`d also like to point out the special values of onions and garlic. Natural antibiotics with incredible healing properties right there. Don`t process, eat raw and forget the smell, matters not (in most cases
)...but health does

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Here is a short list of some famous people who died of anorexia. Take note of their ages, and apply it to yourself. For every famous person in the list there must be thousands of non-famous ones. It is a question of maths in the end.

Famous dead anorexics

The very best of luck.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

whoa! I am sorry to hear that but happy that you are fighting it. Thank you. xx

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

My late mother-in-law was anorexic and it killed her.She would make
herself a cheese sandwich and it would take several days for her to
eat it.This all happened before we were married and she died the
the day before we married.
I am sorry this is happening to you. I hope that you can start feeling
better about yourself,you do need to love yourself too.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Why do you want to die?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Sent you a PM.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Actually most people do get worse at first in therapy because it brings to surface so many things you need to face, so this may not be a bad match problem. Sometimes a person needs to see a few people before they feel comfortable with someone and trust someone. If you feel good about this person hangin tough. You just don't stop therapy no matter what.

Have you tried hypnosis? Sometimes people are helped by it, you have a tough, I must eat this amount and you do the opposite it seems you need to undermine yourself, I know someone who was there and succeeded because of years of counseling.

Have you tried eating one thing that is both good for you and high calorie instead of calorie focus on eating just ONE thing for the day. Not soda
Maybe a bowl of beans and rice to start. Mother's milk is a complete food. maybe infant formula something that helps your body at least.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

I agree with TNMockingbird - your therapist seems clueless!!! You should look into getting a new one, and specifically one who has been recommended by patients who were treated successfully.

From the small amount we are told it is insane to make such a judgement, only the person spending the hours with the thropist can judge that. Setting goals is a necessity in any treatment.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
You want somebody to scare you? I could strip and go streaking. Then again, I don't want you to throw up and gouge your eyes out from the horror of it all.

Okay, I got that out of my system. Like others have said, get another therapist and a support group. Good luck.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I'm not going to try to scare you. I've been there before and it's dreadful. I wish you the very best.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

rukia's been with this therapist for nearly six months (well beyond the getting "worse at first" stage), and from what she has written, it seems clear that nothing has been achieved except continued admonishment that 'she needs to eat'...

...did you even read the rest of my post before deciding that I was "insane to make such a judgement" as that she should look into getting a new therapist? (a suggestion made in many more posts than just mine).

Nowhere did I say anything to negate the importance of "setting goals" as a necessity to treatment -

- as well, I spent a good deal of time and effort (well over an hour to compose and type because writing is very difficult for me) outlining the sorts of things which therapy may need to (as you say) "bring to surface" in order for the patient to recover.

rukia please forgive my taking up space in your thread to express my feelings below:

SeaWorthy I just want you to know something - I suffer "Treatment Resistant Major Depression" along with severe chronic fatigue, I post on ATS less and less frequently and only responded to this thread because I have been where the OP is and my heart went out to her.

When I read your harsh response to a post which I wrote with the best of intentions, I was in tears...
...and for a moment I actually regretted the fact that I had made the effort to try and be of help to someone who might benefit from my experience, particularly my experiences with "clueless" therapists.

You might consider that you could have taken time to more thoroughly read my initial post before making "such a judgement" against me.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
You don't want to be scared. You want attention. If you continue what you are doing, you will die a not very pleasant death. And by the time that happens, there will be no one to give you attention any more.

I don't think you have thought the end game through. But, it is your life and your choice.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

I was thinking that too. She might need to see a nutritionist, idk, but fruits/veg would at least get vital nutrients into the system.
--------------------
If you're not going to, or cant eat at the moment, juicing might be beneficial to you. It seems something you've had to deal with for a while now, so maybe a quality juicier would be a good investment. Like an omega, or tribest, or something, those are great, slow juicers. They just separate the juice from the fiber w/o destroying the nutrients. So you would not be eating the fiber, but you would be getting all the nutrients that the fruit or veg has to offer through the juice. You said you drink a lot of soda, maybe change that into juice, and then at least you'd be getting a lot of nutrients, vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients.

Store bought juice isn't so great, its filled with god knows what- dyes, processed sugars, artificial flavors, most the nutrients are killed off through pasteurization or the processes they use. But slow juicing fresh fruits and veg. keeps all the nutrients in the juice, just w/o the fiber. Yeah, they can have sugars in them too, but they are natural sugars, and with that natural sugar, are loads of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals, phytonutrients.

The body needs fibers too, but if you cant at the time, juicing might be beneficial to you- for the nutrients (and it tastes fantastic too, well the right combos, plain kale is just nasty imo)

Sweet potato, carrot, ginger- outstanding juice. Beet, apple, celery, carrot- fantastic. Spinach, apple/pineapple- very good. You cant find this at the store. And there's all kinds of combos, straight leafy greens (if it can be tolerated, I cant, I have to add an apple or pineapple to it).

Sorry, this wasn't really to scare you, so- to scare you- well, as others have said- you'll loose your health, dwindle down into nothing and die a slow, painful death. But maybe you're not afraid to die, so saying you'll die wouldn't be an effective tactic into scaring you?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

When I read your harsh response to a post which I wrote with the best of intentions, I was in tears...

Certainly not meant to be a harsh response in the least, sorry you took it that way.
Please read my post again and see it has nothing to do with you or judging you, I simply know that only someone in treatment can decide wheather their therapist fits them or not.
edit on 26-5-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Don't worry--I don't want to die. I absolutely do not want to die because of a stupid eating disorder. If I did, I wouldn't be asking for help. Honestly, I don't really know why I'm doing this. It's so embarrassing. I hate it.
I think I'm probably too hard on myself.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Baldryck

That's pretty nihilistic of you. The last thing I want is attention for something so stupid. I'm very embarrassed that I struggle with this. But I'm being honest because I'm honestly asking for feedback because I feel the need to strengthen my resolve. There's nothing wrong with asking a community of people whose opinions I value for help with this. More heads are better than one, after all. But, since you think you know everything already, I guess you don't need to think about such things. Lucky you.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
rukia

Don't be embarrassed, don't feel bad for reaching out. This is your life here and a lot of times simply talking about an issue can provide relief and enlightenment, both of which I truly hope you find.

I hope you have given some thought to my suggestion on page one. I understand it may seem unorthodox to someone not used to using such remedies but I truly and honestly believe it has the potential to help you.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

To be fair, I've been sick since...heck since I was 12 or 13. And I've been weird about food/calling myself fat since I was very young. So technically, although I only got down to 84 pounds once (when I was AN-BP --meaning when I both starved and threw everything up.), I think that means that I'm rather entrenched. I'm bad at doing what I'm told when it comes to things like this because the eating disorder kinda seems to skew my thought process a bit and I just get really ambivalent. It's frustrating. It's my fault that I'm not improving. My therapist is very good. We have a very good rapport. I'm just not the typical anorexic in many ways (although, in other ways, I definitely fit the stereotype lol).

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join