It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All it takes is one.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
As a teacher of young children for 30 years, I encountered the Berenstein Bears children book series many of hundred times. It wasn't Berenstain, and of this I have ZERO doubt. This means nothing to you, and I get that.

Lots of verbal stuff present in this Mandela world, but when you are 100% certain about a change, it changes everything.

The current world map is more than what Darth Vader said to his son.

As a teacher of young children, every year for 30 years, I asked my students to label the continents on a world map.
So I have no doubt that Australia was not close to Indonesia.
And I have no doubt that South America was much less east.

The repercussions are way too strange for almost everybody, even for people that believe we have been visited by non-humans even before we began as humans.

But we have been moved, and almost everything is the same, but not everything. And that is the strangest idea of all.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

I am not sure I believe everything you said, but it is fun to think about at least.

The world is a strange strange place.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Great, so whats the next move, now that you know 100%?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I am well aware of the berenstein/berenstain phenomenon, I don't know about Mandela dying in prison in the 80's though (where the Mandela effect gets it's name from) as I am South African. But one thing which I realised lately is the range of weber kettle grills. When I was a kid they were called Webber. With 2 b's. I remember the first one we got, I remember the the 2 b's on the box, I remember everyone pronouncing it 'Webber' clearly. And now it's weber?

How do I get back to where I belong? How did I get here in the first place?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
This Mandela thing is so beyond retarded. It has to be the single dumbest quasi-phenomenon in recent memory.

Your sieve like memory plus the sieve like memory of 10'000 other folk who did not absorb and process facts and events in a way that facilitates reliable recall of them does not equal even one episode of the X files. Much less a legitimate phenomenon.

There is nothing weird going on other than people are making fools of themselves. Nothing moved. Nobody is alive that died before and everything was always spelled the same bloody way. Darth Vader never said 'Luke, I am..'' You are just remembering it wrong. It's funny how so many people feel they have to pipe up and say they think their is something in it. Nice bit of softly peddled mass hysteria but that's all it is.

I'm sure it must be Trump's fault somehow.

I can explain the Mandela effect in two words. Rudolph Hess. That's who died in prison in the 80's. That's the event mistakenly remembered as Mandela's death.

edit on 25-5-2016 by angus1745 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Lots of little changes. Most won't notice.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
It's all part of the Reality 2.0 thats coming up when we merge with machines in 2070.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I don't care what anyone says, it was at one time the Berenstein Bears. I distinctly remember wondering if it was pronounced stine or steen. If it was berenstain, there would have been no wondering how to pronounce that, and kids would have certainly made fun of the stain part. People can insist it is a faulty memory or that we're special snowflakes or strange or whatever the hell they please.

I'm also with those who remember mirror mirror on the wall in Snow White and Luke... I am your Father from Star Wars and Depends not Depend etc. I don't agree with all the Mandela effects that others are experiencing, but some.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Yeah, I mean its not like human memory is infallible.

The reboot occurs in 2070, you think trans-gender was a hot topic, wait until trans-humanism is in full swing

edit on 25-5-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

What do you mean? It is 'Mirror mirror on the wall..' and it is 'Luke.. I am your father'. What the hell? when did these change?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

My memory sucks sometimes. Sometimes.

I have no explanation on why so many of us remember the same things clearly and now things are different. You think we enjoy being looked upon as weirdos or something? It would be so much easier to just sit back and say nothing at all. Why would so many of us wonder if the Berenstein Bears was pronounced stine or steen if it was stain???? Why is it that we along with our friends never made fun of the stain part if it was stain? We were kids, we would certainly make fun of that part.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

What do you mean? It is 'Mirror mirror on the wall..' and it is 'Luke.. I am your father'. What the hell? when did these change?

I don't know when it changed or how it changed, but it changed. Wild, I know!

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

the obvious question - what year did it change ?

you claim a 30 year teaching tenure - so may i assume that [ in your " world " ] :

1986 = berenstien , australia = position "X"

2016 = berenstain , australia = position "Y"

so come on - precisely when was the change

this is a test

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
My 2 cents ,

I don't know what the mandela-effect is. But even it's just confabulation. It's worth further investigation because it is

1 a massive effect
2 Very recent and very sudden
3 Some (anecdotal) proof

I'm a european so I don't know about the berenstains and such...

But I do know that in several instances American's remember titles and such exactly like the translations in Dutch/German/French/Russian which is weird because one would expect that professional translators would be able to at least correctly translate the cover of a book or the title of a series for every instance.

My own conclusion is it that there is an Effect however whether it's misremembering or sometime else needs further investigation.

However ,

You might not like what I'm saying here because when it comes to maps I'm very sceptical (I don't say a change is impossible but...) All maps are projections of a sphere on a flat plane and there are many different projections like the flemish mercator projections

Look up...

mercartor projection

Might be an explanation for this type of event (not the mandala effect as such) ? Then again I might be wrong....

Greetings
Ray

edit on 5252016 by frenchfries because: word forgotten

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
a reply to: GreenGunther

Lots of little changes. Most won't notice.

Lots of bad memories... Everyone notices.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: angus1745

You have to research it and hear people out before casting judgement. These aren't just single memories. As a child I wondered at the pronunciation of "Berenstein" because of the "-stein" part. And I wasn't the only one: some kids, parents and teachers pronounced it "-steen," others "-stain," and others "-stine." This was because the spelling did not make it clear to everyone how to pronounce it. Over the years I read those books a lot and kept them for a long time as a keepsake collection. Once in a blue moon I'd look over them a little for sentimental reasons. I have not just one memory but a very, very long series of memories of the "-stein" spelling, not one of the "-stain" spelling, as well as other memories involving different people that relates to that memory. Just my father explaining it was pronounced "steen" and me looking at the spelling and taking it in, that memory alone is strong enough to ground my confidence on the matter, never mind the countless related memories.

What you need to understand here is that we are not saying that we have a general memory (like a thought) that it was "Berenstein." No, we each have a series of memories of it being "-stein" and pronounced "-steen." And, as with the many other examples, we all have the same exact alternate memory. We don't come on here debating whose alternate memory is correct, because we all have the same memory of how things were (between author names and book titles, lines from films, geology, etc.)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

What I don't like about the whole ME effect is that there two sides. After a little discussion it becomes a shouting match. Just like two little kids arguing: No I am not against Yes you are. There is no point to such arguments. It is like teaching a fish to ride a bicycle while the fish is trying to teach you how to swim. Useless.

We should start a religion! I've already got a pretty good slogan that I saw on here the other day. (I posted it in the Bumper Sticker Philosophy thread.) I think if they are going to mess with our minds we should push back with flowers! And bear hugs!

top topics

join